Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slabs Part Duex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slabs Part Duex

I've read the old threads on construction slabs. The advise is to not build more than one community building at a time. It seems it "messes up" the allocation formulas and you end up not getting any slabs.

So - how do you get the matrix/formula/allocation reset to normal ?? I've had over 3 dozen trains and only 1 slab delivered.

Starting to get pretty frustrated

If I'm not wrong, the solution to 'reset' the algorithm is to sell away excess items such that the numbers across slab, glass and bricks are more or less equal. Of course, this would mean that you have to wait for more glass and bricks to appear too, but hopefully that should work. This is from memory so please try with caution!
    Town level 53, 44 zoo animals
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by singzeon View Post
    If I'm not wrong, the solution to 'reset' the algorithm is to sell away excess items such that the numbers across slab, glass and bricks are more or less equal. Of course, this would mean that you have to wait for more glass and bricks to appear too, but hopefully that should work. This is from memory so please try with caution!
    Thanks ! I will give that a try. I must have missed that in the treads. I'll report back in a few days to update this thread.

I am HAPPY to report that selling excess building material so that they were about equal WORKED. I started getting slabs again

Thanks to Singzeon for the advise

Quote Originally Posted by rj-01 View Post
    I am HAPPY to report that selling excess building material so that they were about equal WORKED. I started getting slabs again

Thanks to Singzeon for the advise
    Okay rj-01,
    Glad to hear that the building materials are equal for you again but please don't ignore the Wonderful tips the other Forummers in this thread just gave you/us!

Now changing the Zoo and the new Tool Exchange make sense to me!
    This is NOT how to earn more money to Playrix, but all to easier management of Barn space.
    I am really glad with the Forummers who took the time to find out how to work with this new stuff more effectively! Thumbs up!

Unfortunately the title of this thread has a title that didn't ring a bell for me. And I guess that is why this important information will be unknown for most of our players.
    So L&P, will you please take the honours to place a new thread with this information in 'Tips for new players' or anywere else and give it a more clear name.
    Or maybe one of the Mods can help with that.

Thanks in advance.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

I think that's an old solution to an old problem. The game has changed a lot since then. The algorithims have likely changed too

I notice a difference between my baby new town and how it was for my large town in the "old days"

There are newer solutions that can help now, eg:

1) I will build up to 2 CBs rather than 1 max. I'm rethinking even that now to 3 or 4 with the new upgrade and changes. See 4) below

2) Use your zoo. Enclosures usually require 2 out of the three materials. So if you are short one, make the zoo enclosure for the 2 you have a large excess

3) Use your new tool exchange to offload excesses as first choice rather than sell. You will need a lot of the new tools: jackhammer, drill, saw etc in the future. For the tool exchange you have 3 trays, so if you start getting an imbalance in those or they don't ask for the ones you have a surplus of, just delete the trays you don't like and wait an hour for the refresh

4) The last community building in the new upgrade = animal hospital, required only slabs. No glass. No bricks. 101 slabs and about 31 each of 2 out of the 3 new tools (jackhammer, drill saw)

For my small town, at a lower level it has also started to need 2 out of 3 of the new tools + only one of bricks/ glass / slabs

Once you know which community building requires which 1 of the 3 slab/brick/glass etc you just build the CB to match your excess

At the moment I have 2 CBs waiting. 1 requires bricks + 2 types of tools. 1 requires slabs + 2 types of tools

So only 1 material is now required + 2 tools for each CB, instead of 3 materials. The algorithims have probably changed

Building only 1 CB at a time you could well be setting yourself up for trouble and imbalances. It may likely be better to build 3 at a time as default: 1 requiring slabs, 1 glass, 1 bricks and then adjust based on any excess. eg the 4th for slabs if you have too many.
    If you can't afford to build 4 and are short coins, simply build the one to match your materials you have

i.e Think 3 CBs with 1 material each, instead of 1 CB requiring 3 materials or even simpler just build to order based on what you have

All in all it's much easier to manage now, and there are better solutions than limiting yourself to 1 CB which could slow your growth and will likely be inefficient
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 03-29-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post

At the moment I have 2 CBs waiting. 1 requires bricks + 2 types of tools. 1 requires slabs + 2 types of tools

So only 1 material is now required + 2 tools for each CB, instead of 3 materials. The algorithims have probably changed...
    Sounds quite convincing, but: the tools need the building materials, too, unfortunately, and lots of them. How do you "calculate" that?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Sounds quite convincing, but: the tools need the building materials, too, unfortunately, and lots of them. How do you "calculate" that?
    The requirements for obtaining the tools at the exchanges differ. They may require all slabs, all bricks, all glass, any 2 out of 3 or all 3.

But you can now delete the tool offers and they refresh in 1 hour. So if you don't like particular exchange combinations delete them

eg you have only 1 slab. Delete and refresh all exchanges needing slabs. Only take up the exchanges for glass/ bricks etc

Make sure you buy all 3 trays at the tool exchange too, so you can maximise your choices and refreshes

BTW

I wasn't as keen on the old solution anyway as it wasted materials.

All these things didn't affect how many materials you get just the split and how you use them.

So better solutions focus on usage without wastage

The new tool exchange gives you a lot more control over managing which materials and tools you have and keeping them in balance
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 03-29-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post

The new tool exchange gives you a lot more control over managing which materials and tools you have and keeping them in balance
    I see that differently, but that (wasn't the convincing part *g* and) wasn't my question. I did indeed "Delete and refresh all exchanges needing slabs" (mostly anyway), cos the Animal Hospital needs 101 slabs.
    Noneteless waiting for slabs now... so boring.
    But my question was: you seemed to ignore the requests for so many materials for getting the tools in your "listing/calculation" above. It is not just one material one needs now.

How does that fit in your argumentation (if you do not leave it out)?
    I would love to hear something fitting that in, too, in your otherwise convincing (sounding) summary.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I see that differently, but that (wasn't the convincing part *g* and) wasn't my question. I did indeed "Delete and refresh all exchanges needing slabs" (mostly anyway), cos the Animal Hospital needs 101 slabs.
    Noneteless waiting for slabs now... so boring.
    But my question was: you seemed to ignore the requests for so many materials for getting the tools in your "listing/calculation" above. It is not just one material one needs now.

How does that fit in your argumentation (if you do not leave it out)?
    I would love to hear something fitting that in, too, in your otherwise convincing (sounding) summary.
    Hello DD,

I started with the tool exchange at level 70 and have now time to produce the new tools until level 72, where then comes the lighthouse. All coming CBs need only one „old“ material and the sequence is totally regular (at least from 72 to 84): always slabs + jackhammers and saws; bricks + drills and jackhammers; glass + drills and saws.
    So I keep always the old materials for the next three buildings (bricks, slabs, glass for one each) and change only the surplus, first for the two new tools I will need the earliest. By now, level 71, I have the old materials for lighthouse, skyscraper and kindergarten, plus the new ones for the lighthouse and half the skyscraper. I dump a lot of offers, but I have at least two levels time between CBs, and that works quite well for me. BUT I ignore the zoo completely