Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slabs Part Duex

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I see that differently, but that (wasn't the convincing part *g* and) wasn't my question. I did indeed "Delete and refresh all exchanges needing slabs" (mostly anyway), cos the Animal Hospital needs 101 slabs.
    Noneteless waiting for slabs now... so boring.
    But my question was: you seemed to ignore the requests for so many materials for getting the tools in your "listing/calculation" above. It is not just one material one needs now.

How does that fit in your argumentation (if you do not leave it out)?
    I would love to hear something fitting that in, too, in your otherwise convincing (sounding) summary.
    BTW just to clarify

The 4 points above aren't a sequential list or in order of priority they are just examples of other strategies which I think avoid selling and hence wasting materials.

Building only 1 CB and selling excess materials, wastes materials.

You can't change the number of materials you get on trains etc. You might be able to change the split. But you can definitely manipulate (=optimise) how you use them so very few are sold or wasted.

They are not a sequential list and not either/ or. I use a combination of some / all of them at the same time depending as well on other priorities. It's also something of an iterative process too, working out the best fit

Although finishing the new zoo enclosures is low priority. I won't sell any materials needed for the zoo even if there is an imbalance. Simply juggle the other techniques to optimise what I have and don't have.

After all as you say, you've plenty of time to juggle and go thru iterations while you're waiting for materials to arrive. Townshp is designed to make you wait (or pay LOL ) Unless you pay Tcash you can't eliminate the waiting.

Best you can do is optimise what you have to minimise that waiting. Selling/ wasting materials just to reduce an imbalance will take more time in the long-run, and is very unlikely to be a best solution.
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 03-29-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    BTW just to clarify

The 4 points below aren't a sequential list or in order of priority they are just examples of other strategies which I think avoid selling and hence wasting materials.
    that is nice, but - I am not the OP and am not asking about wasting materials or not.

I am saying that this statement of yours "So only 1 material is now required + 2 tools for each CB, instead of 3 materials."
    is not true (sorry, don't know how to circumscribe that in English or more politely). It is still much more than 1 material, as the tools need them, too.

You can't change the number of materials you get on trains etc. You might be able to change the split. But you can definitely manipulate (=optimise) how you use them so very few are sold or wasted.
    Although finishing the new zoo enclosures is low priority. I won't sell any materials needed for the zoo even if there is an imbalance. Simply juggle the other techniques to optimise what I have and don't have.
    Best you can do is optimise what you have to minimise that waiting. Selling/ wasting materials just to reduce an imbalance will take more time in the long-run, and is very unlikely to be a best solution.
    It's so refreshing to read how someone not ingrained in the past is able to see past this new feature and create a beneficial solution. It is an intriguing concept to consider that it might indeed be beneficial to have multiple buildings going at the same time, though I admit that I am not yet convinced of that single point.

But as you said, the game has changed a lot over the course of time. If other players would follow your general guidelines, it would be a much quieter forum.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

that is nice, but - I am not the OP and am not asking about wasting materials or not.

I am saying that this statement of yours "So only 1 material is now required + 2 tools for each CB, instead of 3 materials."
    is not true (sorry, don't know how to circumscribe that in English or more politely). It is still much more than 1 material, as the tools need them, too.
    And I thought it was just me you had a go at.

If I said that "jelly slices" required only watermelon jam, strawberry jam and a lime, would you then say that actually, you need three watermelons, three strawberries and a lime? I don't believe there is a need to split hairs even though you are both indeed correct in what you intend to imply, respectively.

Community buildings require 1 type of building material PLUS drills and electric saws. Drills and electric saws require some combination of slabs, bricks and glass.

Now forgive me for saying, but what is your point other than to be argumentative? Is it not, for all intents and purposes, the same number of building materials that were once required? Except now, instead of requiring 50 of each (for example), you are required to have 50 of only one (let's say "bricks), then use all extra materials ... including "bricks" to complete your tools. It certainly appears to be a more effective means for building a community building...

Unless of course one is so accustomed to the old ways that - like my mother who, bless her soul, still can't use a computer and swears by pen/paper - they are unwilling to accept that this is not necessarily a bad thing.

If anyone is willing to truly look at the means by which one can create their community building using the tool exchange, I believe they will find that it is actually a better process than it was. Besides, if you were short on bricks before, you are going to be short on bricks now.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

I see that differently, but that (wasn't the convincing part *g* and) wasn't my question. I did indeed "Delete and refresh all exchanges needing slabs" (mostly anyway), cos the Animal Hospital needs 101 slabs.
    Noneteless waiting for slabs now... so boring.
    But my question was: you seemed to ignore the requests for so many materials for getting the tools in your "listing/calculation" above. It is not just one material one needs now.

How does that fit in your argumentation (if you do not leave it out)?
    I would love to hear something fitting that in, too, in your otherwise convincing (sounding) summary.
    Hello DD,

I started with the tool exchange at level 70 and have now time to produce the new tools until level 72, where then comes the lighthouse. All coming CBs need only one „old“ material and the sequence is totally regular (at least from 72 to 84): always slabs + jackhammers and saws; bricks + drills and jackhammers; glass + drills and saws.
    So I keep always the old materials for the next three buildings (bricks, slabs, glass for one each) and change only the surplus, first for the two new tools I will need the earliest. By now, level 71, I have the old materials for lighthouse, skyscraper and kindergarten, plus the new ones for the lighthouse and half the skyscraper. I dump a lot of offers, but I have at least two levels time between CBs, and that works quite well for me. BUT I ignore the zoo completely

LOL

Last try. Let me rephrase and be a bit more specific:

"So only 1 type of material is now required + 2 types of tools, instead of 3 types of materials "

Implication: instead of building 1 CB in the past requiring 3 types of materials, it is likely to be more beneficial now to build 3 CBs requiring 1 type of material each + 2 tools (and you can now freely choose how to create those tools from the old materials in a combination that suits your shortages and surpluses).

Yes you still need 2 types of new tools. So you are still requiring 3 types of "resources" for each CB

So:

Old : 3 types of materials + 0 tools. New 1 type of material + 2 types of tools.

So while on the face of it you may think 3 types before, 3 after, same same.

But think back to OPs issue. The problem is the split of resources.

As you say tools still need bricks, slabs and glass to get them. But now there's a massive difference.

When planning, a tool can be disaggregated or call it what you will - into the raw materials/components that are needed to make it up, i.e slabs or bricks or glass.

The beauty of the tool exchange is you can now better choose that split by rejecting and refreshing the exchanges. This is where the flexibility comes in

1 saw could be derived from bricks only, glass only or both if you have no slabs.

Basically you can now manipulate the mix of raw materials better than you could before. Particularly if you have an excess of something.

OP has a shortage of slabs. Flip that round though he has an excess of bricks and glass. Before these were useless. Now he can exchange them in a combination he likes.

So old: 3 materials no choice any excess is wasted if you sell; new 1 material + 2 tools (and you can choose which materials you use to get those tools)
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 03-29-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hello DD,

So I keep always the old materials for the next three buildings (bricks, slabs, glass for one each) and change only the surplus, first for the two new tools I will need the earliest. ....
    Yes!!!

Glad you and Will9455Nikk can also see ways you can now play around with this more and retain materials for future use as well as changing the surplus.

Rather than the old tip of just sell the excess.

Much more possibilities and flexibility
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 03-29-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hello DD,

I started with the tool exchange at level 70 and have now time to produce the new tools until level 72, where then comes the lighthouse. All coming CBs need only one „old“ material and the sequence is totally regular (at least from 72 to 84): always slabs + jackhammers and saws; bricks + drills and jackhammers; glass + drills and saws.
    So I keep always the old materials for the next three buildings (bricks, slabs, glass for one each) and change only the surplus, first for the two new tools I will need the earliest.
    Hi Z

thanks for your example(s). Didn't know about the "regular combinations", as I have only the new Animal Hospital left (that one, also slabs and jackhammers and saws, yep). Good procedure with the tools, I see.
    Well, I was... to avoid "annoyed", let's say "overwhelmed", lol, that the CB and my next planned zoo enclosure ALL wanted slabs. Plus the tools, of course.
    But indeed, the tools exchange is a tiny little bit better manageable, with its dumping possibility - calling this a small advantage, cos also before, I was just as amazed when someone here said they had enough time between levels and had all materials collected when their next CB was built.
    Good luck that it keeps working for you like now!

LOL

Last try. Let me rephrase and be a bit more specific:

"So only 1 type of material is now required + 2 types of tools, instead of 3 types of materials "

Implication: instead of building 1 CB in the past requiring 3 types of materials, it is likely to be more beneficial now to build 3 CBs requiring 1 type of material each + 2 tools (and you can now freely choose how to create those tools from the old materials in a combination that suits your shortages and surpluses).

The beauty of the tool exchange is you can now better choose that split by rejecting and refreshing the exchanges. This is where the flexibility comes in1 saw could be derived from bricks only, glass only or both if you have no slabs.
    So old: 3 materials no choice any excess is wasted if you sell; new 1 material + 2 tools (and you can choose which materials you use to get those tools)
    LOL, thanks for your patience and phew, I got it now, esp. the context with your earlier explanations.
    My faith in your explanations is back (if you could stop confusing me with double quoting the same post, pls *g*).

Choose that split... apart from me not having fun with it, after I had hoped for a betterment with the zoo already (which didn't happen, but that is indeed a different point), I can see now, why this could lead to giving up the idea(l) of building only 1 CB at a time.
    Amazing
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-29-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singzeon View Post
    If I'm not wrong, the solution to 'reset' the algorithm is to sell away excess items such that the numbers across slab, glass and bricks are more or less equal. Of course, this would mean that you have to wait for more glass and bricks to appear too, but hopefully that should work. This is from memory so please try with caution!
    I am HAPPY to report that selling excess building material so that they were about equal WORKED. I started getting slabs again

Thanks to Singzeon for the advise