Thread: Why so few relay tasks?

Why so few relay tasks?

Has anyone else noticed there seem to be very few relay tasks this time round?

We've never had more than 2 on the board at one time.

I think we've only had 3 in total. Possible that other coop members have deleted 1 or 2 but I don't think so.

We've around 600 dumps total for our coop, of which 187 are mine.

I was wondering if there's now a limit so only 2 on the board at any one time.
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

62 views and no replies. Regatta nearly over. I guess people were too polite to say, no it's just you LOL

Close to a thousand dumps of which about 360 were mine. I never saw more than 2 relays on the board at a time. So looks like there is a cap/limit on relays of 2 at any one time? Or at the very least, having 2 significantly reduces the probability of a 3rd.

As another observation: The sample size was only small, but it did seem that relays were more common on some slots than others. Probably too small a sample size to draw any conclusions, but worth thinking about.

The only thing that I have been able to determine is that the number of relays that you can have on board at any given time has some variance with the number of players racing. In my big town, we had 30 racing so would have up to 4 on board at any given time. My baby co-op only has 13 racing, and we never get more than 3.

Looks like you only have 10 racing in your larger co-op, so that may be the main factor. Is that number correct?
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Well, I can only offer some observations without conclusions. How the game decides what tasks will show up and what value they take on is a complete mystery.

However, Alex posted her observations about the maximum Relay Tasks you will see.

Now some of my observations seem to say that not only is there a limit to the number of relay tasks at any single time but that the number of other 135s affects it as well.

Last week, we did an "all relays" race just for fun, we consistently had 3 to work on at a time which is consistent with Alex's numbers given our team size. During that week, we dumped all non-relay tasks, including any 135's that showed up.

This week, we decided to do a "mixed relays" aka "mostly relays" so we left the 135s on the board for those who didn't want to do the relays. Now we only ever saw 2 relays (same team size) but up to 3 additional 135s. We never saw more that 5 total 135s + relays. Every now and again when the 135s were scarce we'd see a 3rd relay. And we sometimes saw 4 or 5 135's and no number of refreshes would yield a relay.

We know / think from other posts that the number "high value tasks" (which include 135's) have been limited for some time now and it wouldn't be surprising if a "relay task" would also be considered a "high value task" too.

So how your co-op is treating the 130+ tasks is probably affecting how many relays you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    The only thing that I have been able to determine is that the number of relays that you can have on board at any given time has some variance with the number of players racing. In my big town, we had 30 racing so would have up to 4 on board at any given time. My baby co-op only has 13 racing, and we never get more than 3.

Looks like you only have 10 racing in your larger co-op, so that may be the main factor. Is that number correct?
    Great feedback thanks, and makes sense.

Yes we had only 10 active racers. 9 establised and a newbie - but that's another story LOL

I recall last time relays were around a few months back, we had more racers, perhaps 15-20 -ish, and I recall I think having up to 3 relays on the board. Hence my open-ended question. I had wondered if they had dropped the any cap/ limit from 3 to 2

Your suggestion that the cap/limit or at least the probability of more relays on the board increases with coop size makes sense in that context.

Have to say that sucks from a GLB perspective and gives even more of an advantage to large coops.

These days, normally, a solo coop simply can't compete with a large coop on the GLB, because of the coop size adjustment. The relays made that even worse given the more members the more can do a single relay. Relays are also useless to coops with 3 or less.

That larger coops can have even more relays on the board than smaller ones skews it even further in their favour.

Thanks again for the feedback
    Last edited by L&P Star 2; 04-01-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, I can only offer some observations without conclusions. How the game decides what tasks will show up and what value they take on is a complete mystery.

However, Alex posted her observations about the maximum Relay Tasks you will see.

Now some of my observations seem to say that not only is there a limit to the number of relay tasks at any single time but that the number of other 135s affects it as well.

Last week, we did an "all relays" race just for fun, we consistently had 3 to work on at a time which is consistent with Alex's numbers given our team size. During that week, we dumped all non-relay tasks, including any 135's that showed up.

This week, we decided to do a "mixed relays" aka "mostly relays" so we left the 135s on the board for those who didn't want to do the relays. Now we only ever saw 2 relays (same team size) but up to 3 additional 135s. We never saw more that 5 total 135s + relays. Every now and again when the 135s were scarce we'd see a 3rd relay. And we sometimes saw 4 or 5 135's and no number of refreshes would yield a relay.

We know / think from other posts that the number "high value tasks" (which include 135's) have been limited for some time now and it wouldn't be surprising if a "relay task" would also be considered a "high value task" too.

So how your co-op is treating the 130+ tasks is probably affecting how many relays you'll see.
    What was your coop size out of interest? Another data point would be helpful.

I recall Alex's post. From my observations though number of relays had no impact on the maximum number of 135s.

It can affect the number of 135s, as say 2 or 3 slots taken by relays leaves only 9 or 10 slots free, so there are less slots to have 135s in as it were. However, we ended up with the same max 135s I had ever seen in non-relays as I had seen in relays - at least at the time of that thread, just that it was less common to get the max.

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    Have to say that sucks from a GLB perspective and gives even more of an advantage to large coops.
    I would say true, presuming the co-op is well-managed. My baby town is in the co-op that my ex and I started (let's not go into the whole "ex" thing ) and it has become quite dysfunctional. Some race hard; others are, well, less interested. Needless to say, I DEFINITELY want my new tablet to arrive so that I can get back to Global Ninja Farmers. I would take my baby town there, but I'm not ready for that much challenge again.

That larger coops can have even more relays on the board than smaller ones skews it even further in their favour.
    Brilliant deduction that, to be honest, I hadn't even thought about. I wonder Playrix's thought on that subject.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    What was your coop size out of interest? Another data point would be helpful.
    13 actively racing, 16 total.

It can affect the number of 135s, as say 2 or 3 slots taken by relays leaves only 9 or 10 slots free, so there are less slots to have 135s in as it were. However, we ended up with the same max 135s I had ever seen in non-relays as I had seen in relays - at least at the time of that thread, just that it was less common to get the max.
    All I can say is that from the last two week's where I really paid attention the maximum "High Value Tasks" I ever saw was 5 whether it was 5 135's or 135's in combination with Relays, 5 total was it. Just another data point.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

All I can say is that from the last two week's where I really paid attention the maximum "High Value Tasks" I ever saw was 5 whether it was 5 135's or 135's in combination with Relays, 5 total was it. Just another data point.
    Just to add to the general info, the above tallies with what I've seen too.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.