Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barn upgrade supplies

Barn upgrade supplies

I was wondering does anyone have to wait as long as a month or more for enough of ONE barn supply?, example I have all the paint and hammers I need, but I only have 2 of the required 40 nails, 9 trains a day and I cant get any nails. Last upgrade it took me 6 weeks to get enough nails

3 to 4 weeks is quite the norm for a heavy player from my experience. You can always sell 1 or 2 of each tools you have enough, trying to trigger the algorythm for the third tool. Not everyone agree with that strategy but it served me well over the years.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    You can always sell 1 or 2 of each tool...
    The thought gives me shivers.

I too have heard of people doing this (besides yourself), but I've also heard mixed opinions.

Shorty, I can tell you that I've gone from a surplus of one to a surplus of another without selling anything. (Granted, I suffered what seemed an eternity trying to find barn space during those days.) Whatever method you may opt to explore, good luck.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

I use a similar method to the one suggested by Graylady and find it works for me. If I am short one barn tool by a large amount I reduce the other two so I am one short of each, this seems to trigger the third tool again.

But if you try it and it doesn't work I never suggested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    3 to 4 weeks is quite the norm for a heavy player from my experience. You can always sell 1 or 2 of each tools you have enough, trying to trigger the algorythm for the third tool. Not everyone agree with that strategy but it served me well over the years.
    I have used this method works for me. What I have also done is sell the overage especially if I have 2 ready. Another thing I have noticed on building materials they seem to average out. I keeped a max of 50 before the new update as I started saving they kept about even.

I did the BIG no no started zoo enclosure while building my pet hospital. It worked out after sending trains for two days. Now hospital finished working on 2nd zoo enclosure need glass.... Again did this in one week but not enough cards for any anamals
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 145 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

I hope I’m posting in the right sub forum. I’ve been wondering for awhile now.. Is there a point when you stop upgrading your barn? I need 100 of each item which takes up 300 spots. It makes me wonder if I should stop upgrading & use those spots for something else? I saw something on this a couple years ago & I believe the response was to never stop upgrading. Has that changed? Any thoughts?
    TOWN NAME: Laurie’s Land
    CO-OP: Seas The Moment
    CO-OP TAG: #SE6HJM

”Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake."
    People can make anything "appear" to be a certain way. Always be happy with what YOU have! The alternative is never better!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie8858 View Post
    It makes me wonder if I should stop upgrading & use those spots for something else? I saw something on this a couple years ago & I believe the response was to never stop upgrading. Has that changed? Any thoughts?
    I don't know who's signature it is in, but they have a comment along the lines of "the barn is NEVER big enough". And it is soooo true.

I would honestly say, NEVER stop upgrading the barn. There does come a point when you will find that you can store 10+ of everything, even while you build back up your barn upgrade supplies.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

I love big barns, and I cannot lie.
    Last edited by Bessville; 03-29-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Because I'm laughing and I can
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Coop: Side of Ranch #SDVCM6
    Town Level 93, Town Style: Realistic
    Platform: Android Phone

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    I love big barns, and I cannot lie.
    Came here for that, wasn't disappointed. Well played

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie8858 View Post
    I hope I’m posting in the right sub forum. I’ve been wondering for awhile now.. Is there a point when you stop upgrading your barn? I need 100 of each item which takes up 300 spots. It makes me wonder if I should stop upgrading & use those spots for something else? I saw something on this a couple years ago & I believe the response was to never stop upgrading. Has that changed? Any thoughts?
    Strictly from a slots point of view, each upgrade (at your level) gives you 75 more slots. But the next upgrade will need 1 more of each of the tools. So if you don't use the 300 slots for "stuff" you'll end up with a net of 72 slots for "stuff" and room to save up tools for the next upgrade.

Human nature being what it is your larger barn will gather "clutter" while you're not looking and you will eventually run out of space *again*. My barn is smaller than yours (my next upgrade needs 91 of each tool). My "clutter" includes 75 Peach Yogurts and 81 Coconuts that I surely don't need. I use double-heli boosters to help clean out the place