Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long for requested account deletion

How long for requested account deletion

How long does it take for an account to be deleted if requested?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules7 View Post
    How long does it take for an account to be deleted if requested?
    Do you mean here on the forum? If so after you have sent the request you should get a reply from Playrix admins in about 24-48 hours (It depends how busy they are, could be quicker/later) . They will ask you to reply to their message confirming you wish to close your account. After this your account should be deleted quite quickly.
    Last edited by Downton; 03-27-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Do you mean here on the forum? If so after you have sent the request you should get a reply from Playrix admins in about 24-48 hours (It depends how busy they are, could be quicker/later) . They will ask you to reply to their message confirming you wish to close your account. After this your account should be deleted quite quickly.
    I put in the request last night through the game, and I was curious how long it would take.

I am eager to start over now that I know more about the game. Thankfully, I wasn’t too far into the game.

I wish they wouldn’t have taken the delete option out of the game, but then again I understand why they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules7 View Post
    I put in the request last night through the game, and I was curious how long it would take.

I am eager to start over now that I know more about the game. Thankfully, I wasn’t too far into the game.

I wish they wouldn’t have taken the delete option out of the game, but then again I understand why they did.
    Oh I see, sorry a misunderstanding, though happy you didn't want to delete forum account.

I can't say how long it will take as it varies how long it takes after replying to the automated message till CS replies to you in person.

I wasn't aware they removed the button to delete all personal data (hence deleting your town). I just checked my own town & see it has disappeared & now we have submit a request in help to delete it.
    I always thought the button was dangerous and have seen an example where someone used it not realising the full implications.

Hope it gets done quickly for you (so you can start your new town), but I expect with all the recent changes in the game they will be pretty busy at the moment.
    Last edited by Downton; 03-27-2019 at 09:39 PM.

...I wasn't aware they removed the button to delete all personal data (hence deleting your town). I just checked my own town & see it has disappeared & now we have submit a request in help to delete it.
    I always thought the button was dangerous and have seen an example where someone used it not realising the full implications....
    Here you go Downton, just so you don't feel like you missed out. Don't say I never give ya anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Here you go Downton, just so you don't feel like you missed out. Don't say I never give ya anything
    Thanks Bess, you give the best presents Seriously though I think it's a good idea, I always felt like I had a nuclear button that I must stand far far away from

After 30 days, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you won't be able to retrieve your information. It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you've posted.
    Last edited by Nevada; 03-31-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vernon88 View Post
    After 30 days, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you won't be able to retrieve your information. It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you've posted
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information, Vernon, or even whether you're talking about game account deletion as per the OP's question or the forum, tbh, but either way, here's how it actually works:

There is no 90 day wait for forum posts to vanish. A forum account is deleted immediately Admin 'hits the button', but the user's posts remain, still credited to them, except they now show as a Guest instead of whatever status they had before their account was deleted.

For game account deletion, when you request that a CS Agent replies asking you to confirm you really really do mean it, and if you still do then that's it - it's done.
    Last edited by Bessville; 04-11-2019 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Are you sure?

I have requested the deletion of my town more than 10 hours ago and I already confirmed that I want it deleted. So far it did not happen... do I just have to wait longer? If yes I would like to know how long so that I can be relieved that it will happen sooner or later.

Edit: Now it has been over 36 hours.
    Last edited by Ayame; 03-30-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame View Post
    I have requested the deletion of my town more than 10 hours ago and I already confirmed that I want it deleted. So far it did not happen... do I just have to wait longer? If yes I would like to know how long so that I can be relieved that it will happen sooner or later.

Edit: Now it has been over 36 hours.
    The post you quoted and for which you ask for confirmation is a year old, and was about deletion of the forum account anyway. Later in the thread you find the answers: that no-one of us players knows how long it will take for game deletion.
    It depends on the time and being busy of Playrix' CS ppl and whoever does the real deletion then.
    I must admit I wouldn't count in hours (with Playrix). But maybe you can reply there and ask, if it takes more than 2 or 3 days to get a real reply?