Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invites to co-ops

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Hodge View Post
    No, I’m a leader in a co-op and I’m getting very frustrated with people coming into my co-op for a few weeks and then leaving. I have a few very loyal people in my co-op and I myself am a very loyal person and I mean I think you get matched up with co-ops that have the same number of people as you, but when we’ve gotten into the gold league that doesn’t seem to be the case at all. And all I can say is if the rule was set that you can’t be in a co- op and get an invite then just don’t be in a co-op. I mean I guess if you want to be in a single co-op and that’s what you want to do then more power to you, but I think it kind of defeats the whole point of the social aspect of the game really. I think there should be a better way of being able to communicating with your neighbors as well.
    I still do not understand your problem with invites. Players may leave your co-op without receiving invites. Players can stay in your co-op even if they receive invites every day but choose to ignore them. If a player leave after receiving an invite, it is a sign that he would have left anyway.

Invites carry absolutely no obligation. Receiving them means nothing at all. The most important question is : "Does the co-op fit with what the player is looking for ?".
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Hodge View Post
    No, I’m a leader in a co-op and I’m getting very frustrated with people coming into my co-op for a few weeks and then leaving. I have a few very loyal people in my co-op and I myself am a very loyal person and I mean I think you get matched up with co-ops that have the same number of people as you, but when we’ve gotten into the gold league that doesn’t seem to be the case at all. And all I can say is if the rule was set that you can’t be in a co- op and get an invite then just don’t be in a co-op. I mean I guess if you want to be in a single co-op and that’s what you want to do then more power to you, but I think it kind of defeats the whole point of the social aspect of the game really. I think there should be a better way of being able to communicating with your neighbors as well.
    Apologies, but I'm confused. (Maybe it's time to START drinking.)

Is this a separate set of issues from the original post?

Standard rule of thumb...I presume that most people go into a co-op with the expectation of staying a while. If they are coming and going, then it begs the question, "Why?" Is your co-op too strict? Or perhaps too lenient? Is it filled with hardcore racers, or those that just go about the regatta thinking, "oh, I haven't rowed the boat for a little while"? Is chat little more than "thank you" and "you're welcome" or do 99 messages flood the screen every time you log in (each hour)? People try out co-ops and, if it's not for them, they move on. If they like it, they tend to stay.

Regardless of league, you compete against co-ops with the same number of players "racing". They may have 30 in the co-op and only 5 racing. If that's the case, they will be paired up against other teams with 5 players racing. There is no variance.

I remember playing Pac-Man as a kid. I didn't play it as a social event. I played it because I liked it and was bl**dy good at it. Some prefer to play Township like I played Pac-Man. It's a town-building game, with an option for social interaction. I've raced solo for a couple of months...but I agree, it is more fun with others. But to each his/her/its (for any dogs/cats/aliens playing) own.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

This is a free game and everyone should be able to invite other people even if they are in a co-op. Same way you have the right not to answer or reject the invitation.

I would love for 1 person to join my co op! LOL I have posted in all the groups I can. I am trying to get people who are loyal and want to be a part of a new "family" that plays together and enjoys this game. Everyone seems to be on Android and not Microsoft. I am also co leader on my android game and we are a family, which is just wonderful. I really want to build that kind of team.

I routinely invite people who are already in a co-op to join mine. About 24 of our members are very generous, so I'd I see a sharer stuck in a bad co-op I offer them the opportunity to join a co-op where the sharing isn't one sided.

Have you ever considered that maybe there’s something wrong with your co op? Maybe you’re too strick in gameplay or not enough people are participating and the ones leaving are getting frustrated? Have you tried talking to the people in your group? There could be lots of reasons why people are leaving.

Most people (at least IMO), don’t want to jump around from co op to co op. I know I don’t. Right now I’m considering leaving the co op I’m in because I’m just getting frustrated with it. Getting invites makes it easier for me to check out what’s out there. And all the invites I’ve gotten so far are from people on my friends list, so I’d be following them. I had people follow me to the co op I’m in now, from my first co op. We had the same playing style and it was nice having someone I was familiar with to keep up with.

This is only my second co op, but it won’t be my last. Sometimes, it’s just time to move on and unfortunately for your co op, a lot of people are getting the idea to go at the same time. I’m sorry you’re losing players, but that’s life sometimes.