Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invites to co-ops

Invites to co-ops

I seem to be having a big problem with this over the past year or so. I think there needs to be a rule that leaders of co-ops should not be allowed to send invites to other players who are already in a co-op and the only way a player should be allowed to get an invite is if they are not in any co-ops already! This is becoming extremely annoying to me. This is a game and a game should not be source of frustration like this. To me, this is a major problem right now.

I agree with you. I get invites even though I am in a co op and I am the leader. When I send an invite I always try to click the person and choose only those listed as not in a co op. I have however invited members from my previous team to join my new co op.

Yeah, it’s not cool. But I understand what you’re saying.

I would hate to not be able to send invites to people already in a co-op.

I often send invites to friends during the week while they’re in a co-op, and then they come visit on a Monday betweeen races.

I think it’s nice so many people want you to join their co-op ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

I think it’s nice so many people want you to join their co-op ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    OP didn't say he's the one getting all the invites, lol

Not sure how hoppers would feel about this, wouldn't it complicate things for them?

Also I have a friend in a solo co-op currently who is actually looking for a new co-op, this would make things harder for him, so it definitely wouldn't suit everyone.

Not sure why recieving invites is such a problem, but if it is maybe an option in settings to allow you to choose whether you get invites or not would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Not sure how hoppers would feel about this, wouldn't it complicate things for them?
    for sure, and for everyone wanting to visit another Coop, as Nevada said.

Not sure why recieving invites is such a problem, but if it is maybe an option in settings to allow you to choose whether you get invites or not would help?
    I would vote No for that option also (as well as the original wish, to be very clear), as ppl will forget or not know THAT it is there, and WHERE. Tons of posts here...

The OP didn't say what the problem is. A guess: There have been several posts here complaining about receiving repeated invites from the same coops after declining them. The suggestion is usually, to let them sit, simply. The other Coop cannot resend the invite then.

Maybe the developers could create a "Leave Me the ____ Alone" tickable option so that players can opt not to receive notifications from other co-ops?
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Maybe the developers could create a "Leave Me the ____ Alone" tickable option so that players can opt not to receive notifications from other co-ops?
    Ashdust had suggested something like that already, and I had explained some counterarguments in the post above yours. Just saying.

No, I’m a leader in a co-op and I’m getting very frustrated with people coming into my co-op for a few weeks and then leaving. I have a few very loyal people in my co-op and I myself am a very loyal person and I mean I think you get matched up with co-ops that have the same number of people as you, but when we’ve gotten into the gold league that doesn’t seem to be the case at all. And all I can say is if the rule was set that you can’t be in a co- op and get an invite then just don’t be in a co-op. I mean I guess if you want to be in a single co-op and that’s what you want to do then more power to you, but I think it kind of defeats the whole point of the social aspect of the game really. I think there should be a better way of being able to communicating with your neighbors as well.