Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Christmas shows: search for Township in real life(IRL)

Visiting Christmas shows: search for Township in real life(IRL)

To keep certain other threads 'on topic' it is necessary to start a new thread purely focused on the subject of visiting Christmas Shows.
    And of course there'll often be similarities with our lovely game(s) in the pictures I will share here.

The first Christmas show that I want to discuss here is "Christmas World" from Intratuin Duiven (NL).
    Spread over the garden center of 26,000 square meters with the huge Christmas village as its main attractions (a better name would be Christmas metropolis, but that will soon become clear) and Vluchtopia, a fairy-tale like department on the 1st floor.
    The opening of "Christmas World" was on Saturday 12 October. In 7 weeks, 8,000 square meters of shops were transformed into a gigantic Christmas show. A real experience with a fairytale atmosphere!

That's , Ruud!

and pls, give us some explanation for your pic(s) - where is there a first floor, what does the "title" bottom right say, what IS it - official map? looks like bird view on a TS town *g*

and if you "move" your earlier pics here (or link them?) - can you say where it is in the pic, or is that to filigree?

Very helpful questions, DD and I was planning on doing so.
    Editing photos on my tablet like adding text to pictures isn't always an easy job but I'll do my best

click on bigger picture
    The title bottom right mentions the name of the artist who created this picture.
    After leaving your car on the PARKING you walk to the ENTREE (or Entrance).

The bridge on this photo is just before the spot where I wrote ENTREE.
    After this point you can choose to go directly to the RESTAURANT and the CLIMB FOREST for children or start the route through the store.
    Walking through the diverse store departments, like a pine tree forest, you find the XMAS CAPITOL with wide bridge and mountain.
    On the left corner above is the Fairytale department VECHTOPIA.

In next posts I wil take a part of the plan to explane more details.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-08-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Add link to picture
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

oh, was I too impatient a<g>ain. In any case, many thanks, Ruud, that is wonderful!

O no not impatient, just willing to take this tour together with me, like always, and that works very well for me
    So let do the transfer from the Cable car thread
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like I mentioned in that thread these photos I made in September when the show still was in its building status.
    It is where a large water basin surrounded by earthen walls from which the various waterfalls and streams are filled.
    A large pedestrian bridge has been built over most of the Christmas landscape so the capitol can also be clearly seen from above.
    The local model railroad club is already laying rails here and there to have their minitrains run on it later.
    Obviously it was a restricted area then so I hope you can recognize something of it in the blue circles on the first picture of this post.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-08-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

And to answer your questions in reaction to that post
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks Ruud Is that a face in the 2nd pic, at the background towards the wall??
    No, I suppose it is a light on the sealing or high placed

Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud
    ...The local railroad club is already laying rails here and there to have their trains run on it later.
    real trains, for ppl, or smaller or something toy-wise?
    Smaller, toy-wise or like they call it themselves model-trains

Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud
    The amount of pictures and videos is quite large so perhaps it's better to start a new thread with that topic...
    fine, as it has nothing to do with your window sill, right? and ...well, "large" sounds a bit scarin<g>, just give us the best ones, pls
    Always the best ones as in 'fitting in TS IRL'

edit: as you say September - does that mean they are working for over 3 months on this? to have their market how long then?
    and what do the ppl who live around the area say about it? or is it separate?
    I hope the plan of the store gave you more insight into where it is built. The show is built within seven weeks and opened the 12th of October.
    After Christmas time there will be a sale with about 40% discounts on several articles and then the show will be removed in January.
    With the many thousands of visitors who visit this event every year, the environment is doing well economically

lol, this time I was waiting long enough, and you had the work with bringing the stuff here! very well made, many thanks again, Ruud, and thanks also for the answers!
    yep, much clearer now - they're not working months for a few days, good, and obviously no "normal" houses (too) close, which could feel disturbed by noise etc (well, rather those who live there, but you know what I mean, right, lol).

very professionally made.

but I still find it looks like a face on a sign saying "don't go further here". *g*
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-09-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Buildings to use in a IRL Township Wintervillage
    IMG_20191107_102340.jpg IMG_20191107_102244.jpg 20191109_145322.jpg
    The first thing I noticed were the shops and other buildings that are very useable as CB's and Factories to create a Township Wintervillage with. To give an idea of the location I added th third attachment

To care for not overcrowding this thread with pictures I created an album with the 26 buildings I found.
    And then I don't even show the Carnival CB's and so on
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-09-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Looked through the album, the houses/shops are fantastic, Ruud, and what ideas... wow.
    I'd almost say TS Devs must have been there, lol!

I re-read the whole thread, and just to be sure (I haven't seen something similar here, just Christmas markets with shops and light and a few pine trees as deco) that I understand it correctly: who makes and brings these houses, the ppl who have a shop there (as deco), or are they their own purpose in their own area (the one you marked)?

Wow, those are fantastic. Thank you for sharing them with us Ruud.
    My only worry would be..I would want them all and have nowhere to put them in my town.
    Still maybe Playrix can give us a suitable amount of expansions to fit.
    Won't hold my breath on that one though lol