Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Horseshoe! Hooray!

Platinum Horseshoe! Hooray!

Well I’ve just hit the Platinum Horseshoe!
    This is especially pleasing to me because, although I’m on level 3811 now, I’m relegated to the dreaded UN-Treasure Chest levels, and the Platinum Horseshoe is wreaking havoc on these levels!!

So much so that I’m in the top levels of the latest comp leaderboard, so happy......

The icing on the cake is that I also cleared all of the Aquatasks as well, a boot full of boosters.

Kind of offsets the loss of being able to receive lives from my FB friends since the Facebook outage, coupled with the latest Fishdom Update, something has gone horribly wrong here and even Fishdom Support do not know how to resolve the issue.

This will be sorted out eventually, for the time being though, have to plod along on just 5 lives.........
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 03-24-2019 at 01:03 AM.

How does one advance on the Platinum level on Fishdom? They are quick to take away, but never advance on platinum level. 20 games won in a row and it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Judy Scaccia; 03-24-2019 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Needed more info

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Scaccia View Post
    How does one advance on the Platinum level on Fishdom? They are quick to take away, but never advance on platinum level. 20 games won in a row and it doesn't matter.
    Albert is referring to the Rachel The Seahorse event that happens every weekend. If you keep winning levels, Rachel starts the next level with explosives and lightnings. At Platinum level, I think it's 5 or 6 boosters.

But there are 3 spots for Platinum level. I can't get past the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Scaccia View Post
    But there are 3 spots for Platinum level. I can't get past the first one.
    Hi Judy,
    Yes I too wondered about that, still I do not understand, because even though I’d win 3 or 5 levels in a row, the seahorse would not move forward, yet, when I lose ONE LOUSY LEVEL that seahorse moves backwards, then I have to win THREE LEVELS to get back to platinum status.

I just can’t figure it out......

Any how, no big deal, I still won the last comp and got 130 diamonds.

But it was touch and go for a while, as I got stuck on a very HARD ( yet Fishdom say EASY) level, which cost me all seahorse boosters, my boosters and about 27 lives lost to get through that level in treasure chest.

Anyhow, I’m happy I got first place, that makes twice now in 7 months.........
    I got second and third place a few times, mainly though I’m happy to remain in the Ruby League.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Chehade View Post
    Any how, no big deal, I still won the last comp and got 130 diamonds.
    Congratulations, albert, can I get more details from here? Did they give you 130 for first place, or did they throw one diamond at the chest levels? I spent about the same amount on a seahorse. All that has been accumulated by overwork. I had to hold the platinum until I was sure that more than two broke away from the nearest second place. It was nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xona View Post
    Congratulations, albert, can I get more details from here? Did they give you 130 for first place, or did they throw one diamond at the chest levels? I spent about the same amount on a seahorse. All that has been accumulated by overwork. I had to hold the platinum until I was sure that more than two broke away from the nearest second place. It was nervous.
    Hi Xona,

Yes, 130 diamonds awarded for first place in last comp.
    Thanks

Ha!
    They don’t throw diamonds at Treasure Chest levels! Only peanuts.......

I was lucky getting to the Platinum Level, as I had a lot of help from the Aquatasks, which I completed because of a twist of luck rather than game play, as the requirements for the Aquatasks fitted so well with the games I was playing at the time, so I kept losing deliberately to complete the Aquatasks, I had 6 hours of free game time from those Bathyscape levels, plus all the boosters as well.

So when the comp came around, I ran out of regular levels and was stuck with the Treasure Chest games.
    I used much of the boosters previously awarded from Bathyscape games, then built up winning levels until the Seahorse Platinum Horseshoe kicked in.

With the Platinum Horseshoe I won around 30 games straight and got up to around 9,500 pearls.
    Then I struck a horrendous level with frozen pieces and just could not beat it with whatever boosters I used, it was marked as an ‘easy’ level, but it was far from that, very far.

Lost the Platinum Horseshoe status, lost all my boosters, then it took me quite a few hours, and lives, to finally beat that level, only to be confronted with another ‘easy’ level of biblical proportions, which took a few more hours to win........ended up with 9,743 pearls - then I had to go to work, thinking ‘oh well, 2nd or 3rd place would be just as good’, as the players below me were catching up fast, but I guess they must have hit the same ‘easy’ levels as I did.

When I finished work, and I checked the leaderboard, I was surprised that I’d won
    But happy

That Platinum Horseshoe stopped moving forward to the other levels, even after winning more levels it would not move forward, yet when I lost a level, it dropped back quick enough!! Then I had to win 3 levels in a row to get it back.

It was tedious work, especially when only Treasure Chest levels were available to me, and no Aquatasks for another 6 hours, with only 2 hours left for the comp to end.

By that time though, I had cycled through the Treasure Chest levels around 4 times, so I was getting bored and frustrated, as I’d played these levels before in the regular game levels - and NONE of them were easy......

But, I’m happy to have won
    I’ve never had any more than between 9 to 18 diamonds in any one go, so 130 diamonds was nice, but the previous prizes were far better - 6 hours play time plus a stack of boosters and vouchers.

Beggers can’t be choosy.......especially since I’ve spent no money on the game to date, and am now in a holding pattern on level 3811.
    Thanks for your interest
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 03-25-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Wow, albert, what a detailed report, you're lucky! There were never any diamonds!!! (ever since the introduction of the game vouchers). For several months now I have been ranked 1-3 in the ruby League (usually 1-2), and Yes, my level is 3811. But there were never diamonds, only boosters and vouchers and hours of endless life. In the last competition, I also took 1st place, collecting about 22,000 pearls, thanks to a platinum horseshoe on the chest levels, but the reward was the usual, as always. What does that mean? Do They now give different rewards for the same thing? Increasingly more interesting and more interesting, Fishdom not gives to be bored.
    Last edited by Xona; 03-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xona View Post
    Wow, albert, what a detailed report, you're lucky! There were never any diamonds!!! (ever since the introduction of the game vouchers). For several months now I have been ranked 1-3 in the ruby League (usually 1-2), and Yes, my level is 3811. But there were never diamonds, only boosters and vouchers and hours of endless life. In the last competition, I also took 1st place, collecting about 22,000 pearls, thanks to a platinum horseshoe on the chest levels, but the reward was the usual, as always. Что бы это значило? Они Теперь различные награды дают за одно и то же? Все интереснее и интереснее, фишдом не даёт скучать.

Xona,
    I like to tell the whole story......

The other thing is that, with the Platinum Horseshoe, I cycled through the Treasure Chest 4 times before I got stuck on level 12 of the 5th cycle.

It’s 130 diamonds for 1st place, 65 diamonds for 2nd place, 35 diamonds for 3rd place.
    Then 3 hammers down to 10th position, then 1 bomb set down to 20th position.
    Past 20th position you get nada....

I think that Fishdom has split the players up in to groups, so I must be in the group that gets diamonds as a prize whilst others are still collecting the best prizes - 6 hours free play, bags of boosters and vouchers.
    I think that stinks! To split us up in whatever category they feel is right. It’s wrong......

I would have preferred the previous rewards, not just diamonds.....
    Diamonds are not my best friend.......you can barely ‘buy’ 21 dynamite/lightning booster combos @ 19 diamonds/3 sets.
    Not much worth in that.....

Anyhow, now I’m not so keen to ‘win’ a comp anymore, not with just diamonds on offer anyway.......
    I’ve remained in the Ruby League top 20 position for most of my time now, having dropped out a couple of times now, only temporary though, as I climb back up again!

Hey,
    Look me up on Facebook and throw me a friend request
    My FB name is

Albert Chehade

PS:
    The last part of your message was in Spanish, or Italian.......maybe Russian?
    Ha ha ha ha!

Well, so you’re at the same level as me, 3811, let’s have a race!

I’ve been playing since around October 2018, haven’t spent any money, not allowed to, my family blocked me from in app purchases.........”for my own good”, they say........sigh....
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 03-25-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Hi Albert,

diamonds are very useful for maintaining the Platinum Seahorse :-)

With 5 boosters, most levels are easy to win on the first attempt. But sometimes you get out of luck and you need 5 extra moves or 30 extra seconds so you don't break the winning streak. I think that's diamonds well spent.

I think the gap in usefulness of Platinum and Gold (or whichever is before Platinum) Horseshoe is quite big. I don't like losing the platinum one :-)