Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool Exchange building

Tool Exchange building

Hi! Can the game staff or any members explain to me how the tools we exchange for tools to use in building community building are used? I’ve read all I can find in the game. It just says they do but I don’t see them when I click on building waiting to be finished or ones still on the timer to be finished. I don’t want to trade tools that take an incredibly long time to gather if I don’t know why I’m doing so.
    Thanks for any help!
    Julie

Hi there,

You will need the new tools in any of these (click me) buildings if you have not yet built them.

If you started building a CB before you updated your game, it seems it will stay with the old materials requirements. Any you build after updating will now need the tools as listed in that link.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Tool exchange

Well now I have exchanged valuable building materials for drills and jackhammers, but cannot find where the new items can be used?! Please assist

The list of buildings needing tools and the numbers required is HERE.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Ok, but i had community building pending old materials. They do not show the conversion. I guess the new tools will only apply to newly purchased constructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Partin-Costello View Post
    Ok, but i had community building pending old materials. They do not show the conversion. I guess the new tools will only apply to newly purchased constructions?
    Yes, the new tools will apply to future community buildings you will purchase, and only to those unlocked after you reached level 60.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

What exactly do you use Tools for ??

What building a do you use tools for. Not clear on how or what to use tool for.

We really need instructions on how to use the tool shed... I thought I was exchanging tools for glass and bricks to complete my buildings sooner, no whenever I pushed the exchange it was taking what I already had and converted them into tools, which is decreasing what I originally had... it is now going to take longer just to finish these buildings to increase my population so I can add factories.... So what am I going to do with the tools... I am not seeing a place to turn them over for building completion.... needing some help here... frustrated.

I hate that I have to use up building materials I badly need for zoo enclosures for my homeless zoo animals, to try to get over 30 each of drills and saws.
    By the time I’ve collected enough tools, I won’t have building materials to build the vet pkace or any enclosures.
    And if i ever do finish the vet place, the game will ntroduce yet another community building.
    I pity new players and envy those who were able to build the last factories before the horrible upgrade.
    Of course the game will introduce impssibly hard to build new factories, so who cares.

I am very unhappy with the new tool exchange. I had maximum population and was working on last 20 expansions and last 9 zoo enclosures. Now I cannot purchase new expansions until I finish the animal hospital because maximum population is increased. Game developers have all day to think up more confusion in this game. There is already too much to do in township. Eliminating the wood planks only used in the zoo was helpful but now we add a whole new set of tool! Keep it simple!