Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New CB Building Materials List

Let me share my experience since the latest update. Feel free to tune this out but I figured with all the comments about how difficult this has become maybe my good experience will give folks another view.

I'll start out by saying that when the "sneak peek" for this release was shown I did express my concern that it was the wrong way to go and asked that they re-think the release until some tweaking / changes could be implemented. I'm still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but it went pretty smoothly for me.

Background, I was at level 133 with trains at -50% time and all CBs and Houses built so far. The zoo was full at 180 animals. So I had a bit of a head start. When I read that there would be new animals and what the gameplay around the new CBs would be, I decided to focus on the zoo first. Since the zoo changed two major updates ago, I never finished any orders, the original 8 had been sitting there. I saw no reason to fill orders to get animal cards when I didn't need any.

So I kept the trains moving, checking the game every hour or so (always have the dealer so once an hour is my normal mode). With upgraded trains the building materials kept rolling in. I had enough barn space to hold them all and once the update came out (Android), I finally started filling the old zoo orders. I quickly had at least one card from both new families so I started building *both* enclosures (I know, I violated the "1 at a time" rule but my barn had plenty of space) and building the Tool Exchange (yes, I had plenty of coins). When the Tool Exchange was finished, I bought the extra 2 exchange slots (more coins!).

In just under 1 week, I had enough material to finish the Armadillo Enclosure given the saving I did before the update. A few days later I had enough to finish the Red Panda Enclosure too. The materials worked out, I used up almost all the Glass and Slabs but had plenty of bricks left over. I then started building the Animal Hospital and used any new Bricks or Glass that came in to exchange for the Power Saws and Jackhammers. Here is where I really had a stroke of good luck, I was very rarely offered Drills (didn't need them). The random generator was good to me and I was able to exchange for the tools without having to dip into the 101 Slabs, I usually had some extras there.

So last night I finished the Animal Hospital and started building the final 3 houses. By my count 13 days since the update to:

1 - Complete 2 Zoo Enclosures (with a head start on gathering the building materials)
    2 - Acquire 2 Animals in each enclosure through Zoo orders.
    3 - Build the Tool Exchange (just coins and time)
    4 - Complete the Animal Hospital
    5 - Start the Houses (so I can buy the land expansion)

All in all, I'd say this was fairly painless. My biggest problem was remembering to check the Zoo Orders and the Tool Exchange since that was new gameplay introduced by the update. All of this while doing relay races in the regatta. A busy 2 weeks

Looking forward, once the animal families are complete I will once again let orders languish on the Zoo Order Board. I will keep the trains running and use the materials at the Tool Exchange until I build up a surplus of about 40 of each tool (for the next CB). After that, I will continue to build up a surplus of regular building materials, my barn needs will determine just how many but I would think 200 of each would be enough. Also, the latest land expansion is it for me, town and zoo are completely expanded so I'll save a surplus of maybe 20 of each of the land expansion tools as well. All of this to get ready for the next introduction of animals, CB, and land.

Well, that's my story and my plan. I hope somebody somewhere finds it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Let me share my experience since the latest update. Feel free to tune this out but I figured with all the comments about how difficult this has become maybe my good experience will give folks another view.........

Here is where I really had a stroke of good luck, I was very rarely offered Drills (didn't need them).
    My experience is similar to yours in some ways. I built the tool exchange and started the animal hospital as soon as the update came out on Amazon, which I think is about ten or eleven days ago now. I was also ignoring the zoo (and still am) because my priority at the moment is coins for the last land expansions, so I use my barn space for products to sell in helicopter orders.

I started with no building materials at all and decided to get the new tools first (because they need less barn space), but I don't play as often as you, usually intensively for 1-2 days when I'm not working and take part in the regatta, but only checking in a few times a day for the rest of the week. I also was offered very few drills. In fact after I noticed that and started keeping a count, I can say for certain that in the last eight days I've only been offered one drill.

Anyway, I've managed to get enough tools and am more than halfway towards getting the number of slabs I need, and it's all been pretty painless. (But I reserve the right to change my mind when my level 48 town reaches the stage where all CBs require tools rather than just the normal building materials )

I wanted to say thanks as well cdosr for answering my question in the "Not receiving clovers" thread. Just realised I never thanked you so I apologise for that - I found your reply very helpful and easy to understand.

Lastly, I think it may be a good idea to save a few more land expansion tools rather than bricks etc for those who have finished building everything. You never know when they'll come in handy

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    My experience is similar to yours in some ways. I built the tool exchange and started the animal hospital as soon as the update came out on Amazon, which I think is about ten or eleven days ago now. I was also ignoring the zoo (and still am) because my priority at the moment is coins for the last land expansions, so I use my barn space for products to sell in helicopter orders.

I started with no building materials at all and decided to get the new tools first (because they need less barn space), but I don't play as often as you, usually intensively for 1-2 days when I'm not working and take part in the regatta, but only checking in a few times a day for the rest of the week. I also was offered very few drills. In fact after I noticed that and started keeping a count, I can say for certain that in the last eight days I've only been offered one drill.

Anyway, I've managed to get enough tools and am more than halfway towards getting the number of slabs I need, and it's all been pretty painless. (But I reserve the right to change my mind when my level 48 town reaches the stage where all CBs require tools rather than just the normal building materials [...]

Lastly, I think it may be a good idea to save a few more land expansion tools rather than bricks etc for those who have finished building everything. You never know when they'll come in handy
    Have no fear ... I got the tool exchange, when I was level 70, now - at the end of level 71 - Iโ€˜ve got all building materials AND new tools for the next two CBs, and just like you, I ignore the zoo.

I like the new tool exchange system. Since we have a list of everything that is needed for each building it actually saves a lot of space. In my opinion you should only be working on one building at a time anyway, otherwise the buildings will be competing for supplies and everything will take longer...

I spend very little real money on this game, preferring to spend the time slowly building my town. Why rush? If everything got done quickly I'd get bored and quit playing!

I don't do much building in my zoo, but do fill zoo orders during regattas. You can hold up to 8 tasks on the order board, so I fill 1/2 of each order (usually the one that is hardest to come by) then l have a regatta task that could take days almost done as soon as l start it. There's a 3 hour wait for new zoo orders, so having 8 ready to go REALLY helps cut down the time it takes to finish a regatta task!

I do buy Raj as often as I can, but usually only use him to stock up on ore to help me do factory upgrades faster. I recomend upgrading trains to 50% time ASAP (that happens at level 21). I haven't had to wait more than 2 1/2 hours for a train for several months now, so building supplies come in pretty quickly.

My only request is that we get a list of what each zoo enclosure needs too that would probably help everyone who is working on both the zoo and the town at the same time, and would help everyone once they decide to play in their zoo.

Take your time... it's just a GAME. If you get stressed out by playing it, IMO you're going about it all wrong.
    Last edited by JAMB; 04-05-2019 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added more info on zoo regatta tasks

Your issue is due to having multiple community buildings under construction at the same time. I learned from this forum to only have one going at a time, otherwise the game algorithm skews and you get tools disproportionately to their need. Solution...patience. You just have to wait it out. DON'T START NEW BUILDINGS until these are finished. Good luck!๐Ÿ†—๐Ÿ˜‡

Progress was the allure of this game. Now it is completely Monotonous. I played this game to ESCAPE Monotony. This new โ€˜updateโ€™ has totally destroyed this game. Now I search for a new escape, feeling cut off at the knees. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ

Thank you for taking the time to get this information out to us players
    It's much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป*โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹๐ Ÿป*โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

tools

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    Thank you! I'm feeling quite lucky I had already developed all my community buildings before the update. Although I remember selling off huge chunks of building materials in the past to make barn space, so maybe that's the whole point of the changes.
    I too have bought every piece of land, have a complete zoo with every animal, every building, and every house at level 116. I was under the assumption that the tools we are making was to further expanding some buildings. Apparently I was wrong according to some people. so someone please tell me what we need all the tools for or am I wasting my time making them? I have over 200 spots in the barn being used to house tools. What we supposed to do with them? Any answer would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by teetogo View Post
    I too have bought every piece of land, have a complete zoo with every animal, every building, and every house at level 116. I was under the assumption that the tools we are making was to further expanding some buildings. Apparently I was wrong according to some people. so someone please tell me what we need all the tools for or am I wasting my time making them? I have over 200 spots in the barn being used to house tools. What we supposed to do with them? Any answer would be appreciated.
    You'll need them for future community buildings which use one materials and tools
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...-SPOILER-ALERT!!!

See also this thread which will nondoubt be updated as soon as the info is available
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ding+materials

Quote Originally Posted by teetogo View Post
    Hi teetogo. The new tools from the tool exchange will be used for any new community buildings introduced in future updates (one of which is due soon - see this thread : https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...-SPOILER-ALERT!!!) so don't sell them off just yet From what I've seen in various groups this new CB will need the hand drills and the pneumatic drills (forgotten what they're called in the game lol, anyway the two tools which aren't saws!) but of course that may change before the update reaches us.