Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New CB Building Materials List

The trick to the tool exchange:

Remember that, without a bit of challenge, what's the point?

I know that most everyone who has posted in this thread will disagree with me, but it seems to me the general mentality is: "Oh my goodness. It's gotten more difficult to do things. The developers are against us!"

Sure, my big town didn't have to go through any of this; but my little town is slowly but surely building its way up the ladder to completing its first community building (bike rental). Is there an imbalance now that negatively affects the zoo? Yep. Is the system flawed? Yep. Could it be better? Yep. BUT...

There is a challenge there now to persevere to get the town completed. Is this what people said when suddenly upgrading factories changed from being able to focus JUST on the time aspect to a rotation basis between time and coin/experience?

I'm going to stand by the developers on this one. They give us so many of the options that have been requested that, maybe we should just go with the flow and endure this new struggle. Offer suggestions for how to improve the process or accept it and move on.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Offer suggestions for how to improve the process
    oh, several have suggested to undo certain changes, also this one.
    What for, Playrix deciders won't change it back - nor ask for other, better ways. Obviously, or they would have done so before the fact. <shrug>

For the zoo shop killing, they have not even listened to the heavily supported idea (done afterwards) of a delete button for the requests.

Tool exchange building ? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the build menu. I play the PC version so maybe its not a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I wish they would do that more, instead of discussing changes just among themselves.
    There are quite some good - and more urgent - suggestions here.
    And, what they made of some wishes...shaking my head.

And btw, there is also their Facebook stuff...
    DD, you are quite right. There have been a number of excellent suggestions offered here on the forums.

As you said, "and what they make of some wishes ..." some suggestions on the forum have seemed to have been taken in a different direction by Playrix which was not what was asked for.

Example: I was a proponent of new community buildings, but as alternatives to current community buildings -- so that people could choose which building, instead of only having one choice. When I first saw the new Animal Hospital, I was delighted and thought that was one of those. But then I saw the population cap went up (but only one piece of land which doesn't help those at high levels with maxed out populations), the new Tool Exchange building, and I realized it wasn't what I was hoping for.

The trick to the tool exchange:

Remember that, without a bit of challenge, what's the point?
    "A bit of a challenge" is fine and I think that is what we have had in the past. But the Tool Exchange building seems more than a "bit of a challenge."

Offer suggestions for how to improve the process or accept it and move on.
    Suggestions would be to ask the community for input (I think they get plenty of input on this forum), and expand their beta tester community to include more players. While I understand they need to consider profits, if profits become the main driving factor above player satisfaction, there won't be a player base to derive those profits from.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 02:19 AM.

oh, several have suggested to undo certain changes, also this one.
    What for, Playrix deciders won't change it back - nor ask for other, better ways. Obviously, or they would have done so before the fact. <shrug>
    To be honest, I'm enjoying the tool exchange. It lowers the overall number of supplies that I have in the barn, and, while I know that it is going to take longer to get a building completed, I'm relieved to have the additional space this time around.

But every aspect of the game has seen change, some ways better and sure, others worse. But if they don't listen at all, then I guess the wish list is for nought and the policing of it and comments are a waste of time. Should we then presume that ALL good ideas have been their own construct with nothing decided from player input?

For the zoo shop killing, they have not even listened to the heavily supported idea (done afterwards) of a delete button for the requests.
    And the new zoo is only what...2 1/2 months old? Seldom does anything change overnight.

And the new zoo is only what...2 1/2 months old? Seldom does anything change overnight.
    The situation has a lot more to it; just read back.

The situation has a lot more to it; just read back.
    Done. And your point???

I really need jackhammers for the flower shop but they never come up. I keep dumping but still not getting them. I have never seen even one. Has anyone seen them come up?
    Last edited by AzCarol; 03-29-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Kindergarten is still Slabs, Bricks and Glasses. No tools.

I get it but I reckon it’ll take at least a month to acquire 32 saws and 31 jackhammers for the animal hospital, that is if I don’t use any of the 101 slabs to buy them..pretty tedious.

Inverness
    Level 90