Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New CB Building Materials List

Personally, I think the tool exchange suks. The "random" algorithm's isn't as random as "they" would have you believe. And whoever came up with the game color splash should be fired. It's total garbage.
    I've only been playing TS for about 5 months now. Up to now, except for the last month, I have enjoyed playing. In my opinion, what the Dev's should consider doing is making a separate site or building for construction materials, especially if they are going to require the ridiculous amounts just to fabricate one CB or ZI.

Thanks a lot for telling us about that....Are the new materials will be available as prizes in events.

Are these materials in a different version of the game. I play on my PC and have not seen some of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hman49 View Post
    Are these materials in a different version of the game. I play on my PC and have not seen some of these things.
    Yes, the Tool Exchange special building and the new tools were introduced on the mobile versions (Android, iOS, Kindle) and MAC. The Windows version doesn't have it yet, it will likely be introduced there too with future updates.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

"I do not see how this switch even helps...you still need to collect a huge amount of items to purchase buildings.
    I do not think this is the request people were asking for. How is this solving the storage problem with storing all these items in the barn?"[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Gerry. Even though I have my zoo and building done, I hate to dump all building material to increase barn space because Playrix will undoubtedly add more zoo enclosures and buildings. It would be more helpful if the tool exchange was eliminated and building materials and expansion tools were kept in a separate place like ore. I am responding a year after this post because I want to add it particularly important during the "double train load" that we not have to waste this opportunity by needing to dump our double material to keep barn space in line when the barn expansion is eliminated next week. How about a couple of expansions so we can utilize double tools before the end of the professor's experiments.?

Thanks Dreadnought

Just a silly question. I have only 1 more community building left to build. Do I just sell off all my excess tools that are not needed for my pool hall or will there be other builds after this level that may require tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Thanks Dreadnought

Just a silly question. I have only 1 more community building left to build. Do I just sell off all my excess tools that are not needed for my pool hall or will there be other builds after this level that may require tools?
    You can sell off the building materials you don't need for CBs/zoo enclosures, but new Community Buildings might be added with future updates, so keep that in mind when you decide if you want to sell all of them, or keep a few.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Once you have built all the community buildings, how many bricks, slabs and glad should I save. Zoo is also complete
    Thanks,
    Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by nurselk8@hotmail.com View Post
    Once you have built all the community buildings, how many bricks, slabs and glad should I save. Zoo is also complete
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    I don't know how to link directly to the old post so hopefully this works below, but a comment from cdsor was very helpful to me a while back so I will just paste it here. I currently have all zoo enclosures and CBs so I am only saving 403 bricks, 278 glass, and I only use the exchange to get drills and jackhammers and only when the exchange asks for slab alone. Hope this helps! And thanks again to cdsor.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, there are some patterns in the materials used for CBs, Enclosures, and Expansions. From those you can make a reasonable guess at what the next "thing" will require and save up for that.

1) Zoo - The most recent one, Anteaters, required 266 Glass and 266 Slabs which was 12 more than the previous one introduced (Arctic Wolves, 254 Bricks and 254 Slabs). The next one will most likely be 278 Bricks and 278 Glass. The pattern being 3 enclosures cycle through using 2 of the 3 materials, increasing the number needed by 12.

2) Land Expansion - Generally each expansion used around 20 of each, saws, shovels, and axes, +/- 1 or 2. Normally I'd expect 2 or 3 land expansions when they do come so I keep 60 of each of the tools. If I'm off by 1 or 2 the trains will fill the need in a few trips.

3) CBs - the last one, the Pool Hall, needed 119 slabs, 36 circular saws, and 39 jackhammers. Looking at the pattern for the previous 5 or so CBs, I'd guess the next will need 125 Bricks, ~37 drills, and ~41 jackhammers. I keep 50 of each of those tools.

My barn is big enough (base 5460) that I can dedicate some space to saving tools just in case they introduce a new building. Beta testers often "leak" the requirements for any upcoming release so if these guesses are wrong there is time to save more. Also, if I do need some barn space for that "special plane" (that needs 3 x 72 corn) I trim back on the bricks / slabs / glass, whichever I have most of, then let it build up again.

I think "educated guesses" are as close as we're going to get on "future plans" for new things. That and the occasional "heads up" from beta testers.
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Town Level 103
    Platform: iPhone