Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New CB Building Materials List

I just want say that because of this thread, I FINALLY understand the tool exchange and I know how to get my CBs completed and can finally stop feeling stalled! I am level 89 and was getting ready to quit because I thought the only way i was ever going to increase my population was to pay the thousands of TC needed to complete a CB. Now I am improving my trains and working towards completing the canine center and the game is working with me!! I just read this thread yesterday and I already have all of the hammers and all but 3 of the drills and Im so e cited about the game again! You guys and the experiments have reignited my love of the game, so thanks to all of you and thanks to Playrix!

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    ...and the game is working with me!! I just read this thread yesterday and I already have all of the hammers and all but 3 of the drills and Im so e cited about the game again! You guys and the experiments have reignited my love of the game, so thanks to all of you and thanks to Playrix!
    and thank YOU for coming here and writing this Happy towning!

Hi, I'm back with a question. I'm am one of those unfortunates who didnt know what I was doing and I started ALL the CBs because I had the coins. After I became educated in this thread, I was able to complete the bank and canine center fairly quickly and it seemed like the game was working with me, the needed items were reasonably easy to get, but it doesnt seem to be happening anymore.

This week, I am working on the animal hospital and need bricks and power saws, I have all the jackhammers needed. I have sent 50 trains and have gotten 5 bricks, while every offer in the tool exchange wants mostly bricks and only offers drills and jackhammers. I even moved my hospital shell and the tool exchange right next to my train station in a desparate attempt to trigger something (I dont know how any of this works, haha), but today I have sent 6 trains and got no bricks, and the tool exchange offered me tools I cant use for ONLY bricks!! I have only been able to trade for saws once and that was 4 days ago!

Since I got all the jackhammers, I have been rejecting tool offers that dont include power saws, I was hoping to teach the game what to focus on, but does that really work? I kinda got the impression from reading here and from my own experience with the other 2 CBs that its possible to do that to some extent, but its not working now at all. Does it really just boil down to throwing mass quantities of goods at the trains and patience?

EDIT : Aaaaanndd since I posted the above I have gotten bricks on 6 traIns and traded for saws twice, so hopefully the drought is over. Guess I just needed to say it outloud!! Thanks, universe!

PPS: Nope, as soon as I posted the edit, it went back to NO bricks and NO power saws! With only 3 supplies and 3 tools, you would think random chance would do better than this! Is something working against me??
    Last edited by dnana1; 12-25-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Bump in case this got overlooked during the holidaze.

PPS: Nope, as soon as I posted the edit, it went back to NO bricks and NO power saws! With only 3 supplies and 3 tools, you would think random chance would do better than this! Is something working against me??
    I don't think so; my impression was always rather the contrary (toi toi toi ), at least with the 'normal' tools (not necessarily the Tool thing-whatwasitsname).
    The only idea that I have, when comparing it with getting the (other) CB tools, is that there might be a disbalance cos of having all jackhammers. I've seen the suggestion here to go below the needed number with the one you have (just like 2 or 3). I have no idea how that could work (programming-wise), but for some it seemed to do.
    Or maybe it has become better as xmas gift?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I don't think so; my impression was always rather the contrary (toi toi toi ), at least with the 'normal' tools (not necessarily the Tool thing-whatwasitsname).
    The only idea that I have, when comparing it with getting the (other) CB tools, is that there might be a disbalance cos of having all jackhammers. I've seen the suggestion here to go below the needed number with the one you have (just like 2 or 3). I have no idea how that could work (programming-wise), but for some it seemed to do.
    Or maybe it has become better as xmas gift?
    Thanks for replying, DD. I will get rid of a few hammers and see if that helps, but that seems so weird to me. Does that mean that I should also keep a few drills? I think I could have easily built one or two of the other CBs that need only hammers and drills with all of those I have rejected, but why would a certain CB be any harder to build than any other?

Pretty crappy gift that disappears as soon as you open it!

Thanks for replying, DD. I will get rid of a few hammers and see if that helps, but that seems so weird to me. Does that mean that I should also keep a few drills? I think I could have easily built one or two of the other CBs that need only hammers and drills with all of those I have rejected, but why would a certain CB be any harder to build than any other?
    the latter is not my experience either; dunno what happens in your town atm but we'll wait a bit until you get the suggestion to report it, cos so far it worked out for everyone, and I doubt they have picked you for a conspiracy
    And no, the suggestion was always only to keep those you need in balance, exactly NOT "everything".

Pretty crappy gift that disappears as soon as you open it!
    lol, yep! too bad the double trains stuff isn't helping - good luck anyway!

Right, I will cultivate patience and keep improving my trains. Thanks!

Right, I will cultivate patience ...
    ah right... I hear Playrix saying "she got it" up to/until here! lol
    Yvw, I hope it'll help soon! Let us know

and as a p.s. and JIC the above about the 3rd item was misleading:
    not sure about your third item from the Tool-house; but I keep 1 or 2 of everything - not the same as the others, but never 0, of no tool, not barn or expansion tool either (that looks a bit strange, grammar-wise, but I hope it is clear: not all equal, not 0) - could all be superstition, but if it helps... *g*

Hey, I never would even think of that on my own, so I'll try it, thanks!