Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Aerial Challenge Event Decor

Hey, guys!

Do you know that some of our decorations actually have historical prototypes? 😮
    Check out two gorgeous items you can win in the Aerial Challenge Event: Steam Plane and Experimental Plane.

Steam Plane

The first model of a steam aircraft propelled by a steam engine was patented in 1842, but it couldn’t cover more than 10 meters. The first flight occurred in 1890 — a steam-powered monoplane, named the Éole after the Greco-Roman wind god Aeolus, proved that a heavier-than-air flight was possible and flew over 50 meters.

Lots of other inventors tried to come up with the best solution, including sir Hiram Stevens Maxim, best known as the creator of the Maxim gun. But it became possible only in 1933 — George and William Besler’s prototype steam biplane was successfully test flown at Oakland airport, California. And that was the finest hour of steam-powered aviation, ‘cause very soon internal combustion engines took over.

Experimental Plane

This unique decoration was inspired by an American experimental aircraft. It was one-of-a-kind fighter capable to take off and land almost vertically. Interestingly enough: it won a design competition in the early 1930s, but was rejected for further development because of being “too advanced”.

Nevertheless, its creator managed to prove the promising future for his brainchild. In 1941 the prototype came through the full-scale wind tunnel tests with flying colors and made its first flight in 1942. The project was closed five years later due to the faster jets coming into practical use.

Let’s honor the efforts of these great minds! Complete personal goals in the Event to get Steam Plane and Experimental Plane.
    We bet they’ll look amazing in your towns and we can’t wait to see the screenshots! 👇🎉
    Last edited by Anna Petrova; 04-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Very interesting, Anna. Thank you for this additional information on these plane decorations.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

I echo Nana - thanks, Anna! Good idea

Thank you, Anna! I'm giddy about these new decorations as I love new planes!!! I was keeping my fingers crossed. Time to work on my airport section...
    I blame my 8 year old for my addiction
    Town: T & M Township (SPYF57)
    Coop: Side of Ranch #SDVCM6
    Town Level 93, Town Style: Realistic
    Platform: Android Phone

Loving these decorations, loving that they're both available as event stage prizes, and extra-loving getting the background info to go with them.

Who else wants a ride on the experimental plane? Though I might give vertical landings a miss, lol!

Now I've got to go and make a little room, because I'm going to need these on permanent display by my airport...
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Loving the extra information on these planes, that is a great idea, makes me want them even more.

And I know some people don't like getting repeat decorations, but so pleased the dovecote is back, thank you.

Thanks for the additional information, Anna.

Thanks for the info and some of us are new players and I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela M Pennington Dixon View Post
    Thanks for the info and some of us are new players and I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
    Welcome Angela! Do check out our New to Township subforum here.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Loving the extra information on these planes, that is a great idea, makes me want them even more.

And I know some people don't like getting repeat decorations, but so pleased the dovecote is back, thank you.
    You can't have too many dovecotes, those eggs are *small* but delicious, need many for a decent omelet