Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 21.03 The Newest Update is LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by NikoelC View Post
    For once I have a serious complaint with an update.
    I was so busy the first day with the new decorations, that I focused on other things, but did manage to add the tool exchange. No issues there, but as I finished sending off a couple of trains, I knew that I had enough materials to develop my last two plots of land and went do that. Clicking on them, I was informed that my population wasn’t high enough. WHAT?!? I have been at max population for a long time. Then it showed me the houses I needed to buy. When I clicked on one of those, I was told I had to build the community building first!!!
    Seriously!?!
    Before this update I had earned my last 2 plots of land..... now I have to jump through all those hoops again? I honestly feel this is wrong. Maybe I don’t want to increase my population! Actually, I don’t because there are too many of the same cars, trucks and people walking around already. This update is forcing the issue. If a player wishes to have more open spaces, it should be their choice. The update is forcing crowding. I want less houses and more park areas..... I can still race, play the mini games, etc. without overcrowding my town!
    It would be nice if a player was able to opt out of buying new houses after reaching a certain level (maybe 95-100), and was able to sell off some of the ones they already bought. They could still buy land expansions, but without being required to increase their population, etc.
    So disappointed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    From what I have seen so far I am happy with the update . The blue trees are even better than I expected after reading some other players opinions on them. I have found homes for 16 blue and 4 red ones so far.
    I think the animal hospital will look really cute when built as well. Also great to get new animals so I can get cards in the current event.

Dont know how the tools exchange will work out as I havent finished building it yet.So far to early for me to pass judgement, but as it stands Im not opposed to it (after my initial knee jerk reaction was overcome ).

Overall it feels like a bit of new life has been breathed into my town
    So far the tool exchange seems useless. I don’t know what it is for. There is no explanation for it. I am pretty sure I just wasted supplies I needed for other things. I will probably never be able to afford the hospital like the factories anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellensville View Post
    One thing, though: why did you change the game icon, it was so cute! Please bring back the cute cow!
    I agree 100%... much prefer the cute cow game icon!

I also miss the cow!

About the tool exchange: In the moment, I‘m not so negative, but then, I‘m only level 70. Till the next CB in 72 I can acquire the new materials and swap, what I don‘t need. I think, it‘s clever that only one sort of „old“ material is needed per CB. If I was a higher level player and had to do the animal hospital from scratch, I probably would be dissatisfied also, but in my situation, it‘s a new challenge in planning, which I find more interesting than simply waiting for the train. And with two levels between CBs it should be possible to have everything ready, when it‘s needed.

But I have to admit that I ignore the zoo ...

I may be on my own with this, but I like the changes that the update have brought.

For a long time I have been selling building materials as I had no need for them, they were just taking up space in my barn, now, as I need the materials to help make power tools, I cant wait for my trains to return......I'm in desperate need of slabs, I'd forgotten how that feels!

Up to now, I've looked forward to each update, but could immediately build any new buildings, clear new land expansions straight away, as I had such a large stock of tools and materials needed, but now, I need to wait. Its nice as it reminds me of how the game used to be, the patience you need when you are waiting for one slab, or one piece of glass to be able to complete a building .

I'm sure this update must make progress even more difficult for those with lower level towns, but I think playrix have made the game more interesting for us old timers! We can now join in complaints about lack of slabs or bricks, lol!

So, thank you playrix! I, for one, am a happy townie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    I may be on my own with this, but I like the changes that the update have brought.
    .... Its nice as it reminds me of how the game used to be, the patience you need when you are waiting for one slab, or one piece of glass to be able to complete a building .

I'm sure this update must make progress even more difficult for those with lower level towns, but I think playrix have made the game more interesting for us old timers! We can now join in complaints about lack of slabs or bricks, lol!

I feel the same way, Ann, so you aren't alone. The intention is obviously as you say - to increase the primary part of the game so it no longer 'runs out' after the bank. It's likely to frustrate anybody who happens to have just jumped that final hurdle and was hoping for respite, but it will hopefully increase the lifespan of the game for us all.

For a long time I have been selling building materials as I had no need for them, they were just taking up space in my barn, now, as I need the materials to help make power tools, I cant wait for my trains to return......I'm in desperate need of slabs, I'd forgotten how that feels!

Up to now, I've looked forward to each update, but could immediately build any new buildings, clear new land expansions straight away, as I had such a large stock of tools and materials needed, but now, I need to wait. Its nice as it reminds me of how the game used to be, the patience you need when you are waiting for one slab, or one piece of glass to be able to complete a building .

As I said, I‘m level 70, and I‘m also not unhappy with the tool exchange, just makes the game more challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Galloway View Post
    @Downton, I just have to say, I love the name of your co-op. My ancestors were the Lancaster's (the red Rose, as you know).
    Ooh how amazing! I love reading the history of the Royals. My favourite period being the Plantagenet's ( as you will have guessed). When I chose the name I was reading about the Wars of the Roses with Edward of York (the white rose) as the main character. Then Richard & the missing boys etc.

I have now travelled back in time starting with Henry I/II, then King John ( forever remembered for losing so much & who's rule brought about the creation known as Magna Carta) and am currently reading about Henry III.

Thanks for sharing, I'm excited for you, lol

ETA I love the period so much that I often read my books multiple times as I have a memory like a sieve and have trouble storing the information long term
    Last edited by Downton; 03-23-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Yep, I agree with you Ann. I said in a previous post (somewhere,cant remember where ) it feels like a bit of new life has been breathed into my game. I am happy to see playrix have added things so that everyone now has things to do, instead of feeling they crossed the finish line a long time ago
    Last edited by Downton; 03-23-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Hi Anna,

Thank you! I'm disheartened tho to see it comes with the same glitches. Friends tab is ridiculous, it loads almost 10 seconds, then freezes, then when trying to scroll takes me to some town - and then I'm back at the top of the list.
    It is exactly the same in both of my towns, on Android updated yesterday, on Kindle right now.
    Countless people are experiencing the same. I really hope you are working on fixing this.
    Hi Cathy,

We sure are! 💪 Jumping back to the beginning while scrolling the Friends list should be fixed by now. And starting over after reopening the list (if you close it and then open again, or open after you visit your friend's town) should be resolved in the next update of the game.

Thank you for understanding!

Best,
    Anna

I also don't know what to do with these power tools I just exchanged for...please help?