Thread: Disable or Limit Reservation Time for Relay Tasks

Disable or Limit Reservation Time for Relay Tasks

When all tasks are in a reserved state, especially the relay tasks, it inihibits other capable members from completing those tasks. Relays, in theory, should constantly be in an active state moving from one member to another.

Would it make more sense to disable the reservation option on relay tasks or limiting the reservation time down to 60 minutes?

Having the ability to call “dibs” while the relay task is active would be helpful. For example, having the ability to reserve or allowing for a “next in line” option.

However, once the task is completed by one member, the next member in line would have a limited amount of time to grab it. 60 minutes max reservation, possibly. This would allow for better team communication as well. i.e., “Hey, so and so, i’ll be done in about 15 minutes.”

If there are 6 days total in a Regatta Race, and one person out of 30 takes a day or two to complete a relay task, that leaves the other 29 with half the amount of time to finish the same relay once it’s their turn. Not ideal. Lol

To me, this is all part of the leader job, communication between the members and some basic rules. As a leader, I would never allow 12 reservations on the board in a 13 members co-op let alone a 30 members co-op. And I would never authorize relay reservation either.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    To me, this is all part of the leader job, communication between the members and some basic rules. As a leader, I would never allow 12 reservations on the board in a 13 members co-op let alone a 30 members co-op. And I would never authorize relay reservation either.
    I thought this was a common understanding too until the Leader started reserving relay tasks. Lol If the option wasn't available or it had a lower time clock on it, there wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn Maroney View Post
    I thought this was a common understanding too until the Leader started reserving relay tasks. Lol If the option wasn't available or it had a lower time clock on it, there wouldn't be an issue.
    Ouch ! I do not even understand reserving a relay task as it will stay on the board until someone dump it. Everyone can prep one at the same time.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

A reserve doesn’t mean MINE on a relay though, or it shouldn’t... again, it comes back to communication.

If I ever happened to reserve a relay I’d make sure people knew it was a “don’t forget I wanna grab this”, not a “I’m doing this next, back off”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    A reserve doesn’t mean MINE on a relay though, or it shouldn’t... again, it comes back to communication.

If I ever happened to reserve a relay I’d make sure people knew it was a “don’t forget I wanna grab this”, not a “I’m doing this next, back off”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Agreed. Whenever I reserve a relay, it's only for about 5 minutes or so and I communicate that. Others don't do that. But again, if there wasn't an option to reserve at all, this wouldn't be an issue; or, if someone is already working it, a "next in line" button would help.