Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2019 Update (iOS/Android/Kindle)

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    Costs 12,000 coins. Once built, comes with 1 free slot for converting tools. You can purchase a 2nd slot for 8,000 coins and a 3rd slot for 15,000 coins.
    Thanks Kitty. That's a great improvement over the "sneak spoilers" that showed the extra slots costing 20T (for the first one). Glad they reconsidered the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Thanks Kitty. That's a great improvement over the "sneak spoilers" that showed the extra slots costing 20T (for the first one). Glad they reconsidered the cost.
    Good to know the caveat of "don't count your chickens - stuff might change between beta and release" is not for nothin.

Speaking of beta testing...

My Kindergarten seems to be sitting on an earthquake fault. I first noticed it after the update before this one. The whole things shifts ever so slightly forward and then shifts back again. I guess the beta testers were busy on new stuff and no one saw or reported this. Anyway, when the big earthquake hits, the poor little kids will be the first to go.
    Level 160
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

AFTER UPDATE: I have the "arrow" symbol showing on my Academy. When I click on the Academy, it just takes me straight to the top of the list (not directly to the factory that I have enough ingots to upgrade). If I scroll down the whole list of factories/islands/trains and then exit the Academy, the little arrow does not disappear like it used to once I had viewed all my options.
    Kitty, I've seen dread's answer and it would be nice if it disappears, but I'd say I have this before the update already (Android tablet) and also saw it mentioned here a while ago. What I noticed is: this happens every once in a while and only the first jump is wrong, to the beginning of the list. (the factory there is fully upgraded, but its display looks different than the others - we thought that was the reason, some programming error for that one - it will not get updated anymore). Anyway:
    I exit (w/o scrolling) and the arrow is still there, cos it meant indeed to show you something else - I re-enter as you described and it jumps to the "real first one", and then, so on. Did you try this?

Some info about the Tool Exchange for those who don't have it yet....

Costs 12,000 coins. Once built, comes with 1 free slot for converting tools. You can purchase a 2nd slot for 8,000 coins and a 3rd slot for 15,000 coins.

Pictured below are some of the exchange offers I have received for converting regular building materials into the new tools (jackhammer, electric saw, drill). On average, my limited experience is showing that it requires approximately 5 standard supplies (brick, glass, slab) to produce 1 new tool. Luckily, you can dump offers you don't like and will get a new one in one hour. Producing the new tool also takes one hour.

Seeing as the animal hospital requires 32 electric saw and 31 jackhammers, that means you would need to collect roughly 315 building materials to convert to the new tools. Plus of course the additional 101 slabs that the animal hospital requires.

Attachment 39709 Attachment 39716 Attachment 39723 Attachment 39730
    I have the Tool Exchange and really not very happy with it. By the time I get my exchanged tools finished (jackhammer & circular saw) I won’t have enough slabs left to finish the Animal Hospital plus ... I’m using the materials I’ve been saving up for 2 Zoo enclosures that need finished (not the new ones). So far, I see nothing about the Tool Exchange that is helpful to my game.

As for the rest of the updates ... nothing too interesting. The menu changes (larger icons) didn’t do much for me, but didn’t hurt my game. Very disappointed that we didn’t get new houses. Those large monstrosity houses .... (especially the ugly orange one) ... don’t add anything to the landscape. I am happy to get the new expansion and no complaints about where it is.

I know the Tool Exchange will be used for new Community Bldgs. Will it be needed for Zoo enclosures? I have all my Community Bldgs so just working my way around the one new one and hopefully not have to use it at the Zoo, too.

Just my two cents on the changes.
    Co-op name: Margaritaville!
    Town name: Jan's Village

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Kitty, I've seen dread's answer and it would be nice if it disappears, but I'd say I have this before the update already (Android tablet) and also saw it mentioned here a while ago. What I noticed is: this happens every once in a while and only the first jump is wrong, to the beginning of the list. (the factory there is fully upgraded, but its display looks different than the others - we thought that was the reason, some programming error for that one - it will not get updated anymore). Anyway:
    I exit (w/o scrolling) and the arrow is still there, cos it meant indeed to show you something else - I re-enter as you described and it jumps to the "real first one", and then, so on. Did you try this?
    Hey DD. Yes, I had had it happen before like you describe where the first click seems to take me to my feed mill (which is top of list) even though no further upgrades are available. And then opening again takes you to the correct factory upgrade. What I'm experiencing now with the new update is different. Didn't matter how many times I entered/exited the Academy of Industry, it always just opened at the top of the list, and it never jumped to the actual factories I needed to upgrade. After several times exiting and opening again with no luck, I manually scrolled down to view the factories I can upgrade (for me right now, Ice Cream, Pastry, and Kitchenware). After I exited, the arrow was still there. I've opened/closed a dozen times. Manually scrolled up/down the whole list. Clicked on the factories I can upgrade to view the options (time, coins, xp) and then exited. Nothing will make the arrow go away, and it never once jumped to the correct factory.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 03-19-2019 at 10:36 PM.

...What I'm experiencing now with the new update is different. Didn't matter how many times I entered/exited the Academy of Industry, it always just opened at the top of the list, and it never jumped to the actual factories I needed to upgrade. ...
    argh, what a pity! and yes, it opens at the feedmill in this case (but bakery is the first usually, so the feedmill is prolly the one causing the first wrong jump).

Then we can but hope the Devs will really find and fix this annoying behavio(u)r. But this kind of errors caused by changes is exactly why IT have QA... usually.
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-19-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Did anybody notice how the mine is „shivering“ when you scroll down? Or is it just my mine?

Wow ... seems like the Wiki will need massive changes then
    Town level 55, 47 zoo animals
    iOS

I've just updated my app. Some thoughts.

1. The new app icon is too different in my opinion. Some have said it looks like another app's icon, I don't know which one they are referring to, but I am not too keen on it either. Maybe I'm just too used to the smiling cow, now seeing a tractor and farmer is just very weird for me.

2. I do notice that the menus are different, a bit brighter backgrounds, buttons are rounder etc. I like that the barn menu is now 6 in a row, which does make it look more spacious. However someone pointed out before this, the third row's numbers are hidden, so there's more scrolling to be done. Additionally, the screen that you get when you click on your level bar (which shows you the XP needed and stuff), I feel that the words 'Reach level xxx to unlock' are way too small, especially given that the overall area is enlarged. The words look tiny compared to the new goods waiting to be unlocked. Even the numbers of XP look fairly small, and again given the large amount of space it seems a bit of a waste.

3. I took a look at the zoo order board. It is so annoying in my opinion! In the past, if you had the suitable amount of goods, the number would turn green. If you didn't, they would remain the 'normal' black-ish colour. Now in this update, if you had the goods, it would be 'normal'; if you didn't, it would be red! Maybe it's just me but having so much red popping out makes me feel like 'something's wrong'. Plus with most numbers showing as red (for me at this point), it's much easier to miss out the 'normal' coloured ones to fill them up.
    Town level 55, 47 zoo animals
    iOS