Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To My FB Friends Lives?

What Happened To My FB Friends Lives?

Yesterday I was stuck on a Treasure Chest tough level all day, it soaked up all the Seahorse boosters and my boosters too.
    So I played this level probably 21 times, 8 hours, before I eventually beat it, with luck and the Law Of Averages finally coming through.

The issue is that I could only play with my lives, as something seemed to have gone wrong with my FB friends, only 1 or 2 were showing up, and I’d send them lives, but would get none in return.

I have more than 30+ FB friends now, yet none were showing up on that lives board (heart icon).
    Whereas before, I’d be sending and receiving lives on a daily basis like it was Christmas!

I don’t believe that I’d been unfriended by so many simultaneously, not possible.
    I am raising this issue through the in game Support link, are there other players experiencing this problem?

UPDATE - Sunday 17 March

After going through the Fishdom Support icon, I hit the ‘friends’ button and there appeared 50 friends listed, showing me a life icon and a feed the fish icon.

So, I only have 50 friends?
    Or is this a number limitation imposed by Fishdom?

I’m sure I have more than 50, besides, the number 50 is too perfectly rounded to have been a perfect selection on my part!
    So it must be limited to 50 friends only.

Further,
    After hitting the friend (heart) life icon, a 24 hour countdown timer commences, indicating to me that THAT person will receive a life from me in 24 hours time.

Yawn!
    I don’t even sleep for that long!

I believe that this has been the situation now since the last update to Fishdom, which explains why I cannot now send lives to friends ‘on demand’ any more.........

24 hours for 1 life?
    Are you kidding me Fishdom?
    Last edited by Albert Chehade; 03-17-2019 at 04:32 AM.

Hi Albert! I am pretty sure that there is no limit on the number of friends, since i have seen posts where people have way more than 50. As far as the 24 hour timer, you can only send lives once every 24 hours. You can use the Send button on the heart icon. If it's green, it means that specific friends sent you a life so they get lives first. Then the button turns blue and you can Select All and shoot lives to the rest of your friends. So, you can receive lives all through the period, but can only reciprocate once a day. I am faithfully sending you a life (almost) every day, so that's at least one extra life for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ndgoblue View Post
    Hi Albert! I am pretty sure that there is no limit on the number of friends, since i have seen posts where people have way more than 50. As far as the 24 hour timer, you can only send lives once every 24 hours. You can use the Send button on the heart icon. If it's green, it means that specific friends sent you a life so they get lives first. Then the button turns blue and you can Select All and shoot lives to the rest of your friends. So, you can receive lives all through the period, but can only reciprocate once a day. I am faithfully sending you a life (almost) every day, so that's at least one extra life for you.
    Hi Neda,
    Well, these past 2 days have been totally blank of FB friends lives for me.

For example, I got your life request on FB today, and when that took me to Fishdom game, you were not shown in the heart icon so I could not send you a life, same same for other FB friends requesting a life, nothing, just a blank page.

Further, all other FB friends may have also sent me countless lives, but alas, none came through, so I could not return the favor.

This issue started soon after the last update, perhaps it’s a coincidence, I don’t know.
    Anyhow, I’ve sent a ticket to Support, hopefully they.l have an answer for me.

Nothing else I can do now except just play with my own 5 lives..........
    I’ve already gone through suggestions offered by Fishdom FAQ’s.

FB is working OK, my iPad is OK, Fishdom game is OK, yet something is horribly wrong.
    Nothing to do but wait and see.....

Thanks for your input,
    Until this is sorted, I’m unable to send lives to anyone, nor am I able to accept lives sent to me.

im a new daily player on facebook, add me x

Quote Originally Posted by Gina Law View Post
    im a new daily player on facebook, add me x
    I wish I could Gina, I’m having some issues with regards to giving and receiving lives via FB at the present.
    When resolved, I will add you for sure.

By the way, which Gina Law are you on FB?
    There are 3 or 4 there.....

Right now I don’t seem to be able to give lives nor receive them.......
    Sigh......

Facebook had some issues on their side in the last few days, everything connected to it was affected, but i think everything should work now. It might be worth trying to disconnect and reconnect to facebook from the game, and see if the friends list comes back.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Facebook had some issues on their side in the last few days, everything connected to it was affected, but i think everything should work now. It might be worth trying to disconnect and reconnect to facebook from the game, and see if the friends list comes back.
    Hi,
    Thanks for that info.
    I have tried that.....and now I’m able to send lives and ask for lives, however, I’m still not getting any lives.
    I’ve asked for around 15 or 20 lives requests and still nothing coming back, this was over a few hour period of time.
    In fact, I’m not sure anyone is receiving the lives I’m sending to them, but they must be, as they appear on my ask for lives page.

I can wait to see what Support comes back with.
    Meantime I’m happy to just play with the 5 lives I get........

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Chehade View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for that info.
    I have tried that.....and now I’m able to send lives and ask for lives, however, I’m still not getting any lives.
    I’ve asked for around 15 or 20 lives requests and still nothing coming back, this was over a few hour period of time.
    In fact, I’m not sure anyone is receiving the lives I’m sending to them, but they must be, as they appear on my ask for lives page.

I can wait to see what Support comes back with.
    Meantime I’m happy to just play with the 5 lives I get........

Thanks again
    Well something just happened. I got 4 life requests from you today. Perhaps it's fixed.🤞

Quote Originally Posted by ndgoblue View Post
    Well something just happened. I got 4 life requests from you today. Perhaps it's fixed.🤞
    Fingers crossed
    My board is still empty, and I got this reply from Support:

“Quote”
    Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're very sorry you're having that issue with the game. Please try the following first:
    fishdom://helpshift/42/625

Let us know if you need any further assistance. Have a good day!
    “Unquote”

Nothing happened.......

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Well I’m still in the position now where there may be a mismatch between Fishdom and Facebook insofar as my game and hardware are concerned.
    I am receiving requests for lives, and I am sending lives but not knowing if they are being revived.

I am also requesting lives, but again, not knowing if they’re being received, because I get no lives returned.
    This started when Facebook crashed, so maybe I’ve fallen in to a no help situation.

I did contact Fishdom Support, and below is how they replied:

“Quote”
    Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're very sorry you're having that issue with the game. Please try the following first:
    fishdom://helpshift/42/625

Let us know if you need any further assistance. Have a good day!
    “Unquote”

I tried their ‘fix’, but nothing visual happened.
    I tried it several times over several days, still nothing. I will reply back to them and see what happens.

For me? I’m back to where I was before I started ‘requesting Facebook friends’, just play with my 5 lives and be happy.......