Thread: Confirm restriction choices

Confirm restriction choices

My team just imploded because a coleader accidentally touched the button that restricted a teammate from the regatta. We have the option of requiring a second tap for confirmation to use Township cash, we should have something similar for decisions like kicking somebody out, demoting them, or restricting them. (The coleader was on her way into an appointment that would keep her away from the game for the next few hours, so she wasn’t able to see, let alone respond to the drama.)

I've gotta say that a degree of care should be used when performing any task in the game. Are we going to have to confirm every choice we make?

Tap to take task...
    Township: "Are you sure you want to take this task?"
    Tap to confirm...
    Township: "Are you really sure you want to take this task?"
    TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP....mumbling, "Gimme the freaking task!"
    Township: "I'm sorry, I didn't get your response. Are you sure you want to take this task?"

Okay sure, that's a bit overboard. But does every decision really need to be confirmed? If a team doesn't recognise that - *upcoming food for thought* - mistakes happen, maybe it's for the best. Live and learn....and tell the team that it will be figured out. And an apology goes a long way.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Kicking someone out or restricting someone has heavy consequences (on others!) that cannot be repaired easily, so I agree that these 2 should have a confirmation. They are also (too) close to other more harmless choices.

OTOH, just being in a hurry is always a rather poor "explanation". (simply don't play if you have more urgent things to do)
    That can be seen also when folks keep taking reserved tasks (which does have a confirmation).

Quote Originally Posted by Robin’s Nest View Post
    My team just imploded because a coleader accidentally touched the button that restricted a teammate from the regatta. We have the option of requiring a second tap for confirmation to use Township cash, we should have something similar for decisions like kicking somebody out, demoting them, or restricting them. (The coleader was on her way into an appointment that would keep her away from the game for the next few hours, so she wasn’t able to see, let alone respond to the drama.)
    Hi, there is a confirmation button, just as there is when kicking someone or dumping a task. However, if someone is rushing it's so easy tap twice very quickly. There have been many instances of players dumping wanted/reserved tasks or ending up with tasks that they intended to dump.

See this thread for further info
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT