Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game as advertised vs reality

hi Gipsylass,

it's fake ads, sorry to disappoint you. Gardenscapes is a normal and challenging Match3 game.
    These fake ads appear both for other Playrix games and for games of other companies.
    No-one could explain so far why no-one does anything against it (probably cos it's not clear who can, lol).
    Last edited by dreadnought; 07-02-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Yep, there is no repairing in any of these games like the ads show. I just saw one for Township! First time I've seen it. Makes it look like you repair things in this game, too. Getting these off the Net should be a top priority.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    City Building Project: Computer Store
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015

Thanks.. guess I‘ll contact support to make them aware that some customers are „not amused“ about these misleading ads.

Facebook advertisements

I hope you guys know that the advertisements for Gardenscapes are wrong!!
    It False advertisement, and there is a law on it (depending on what state).

The game preview is no where near what we actually play on the game.
    Town Ship Name: Sponnie Vill
    Co-op:
    Co-op tag :
    Friend Code: WP4H68
    Kindle fire

On the official Playrix Wikipedia is this false advertising mentioned also. According to it's writing Playrix itself is the creator of these adds and source of inspiration for other game platforms to follow this example ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    On the official Playrix Wikipedia is this false advertising mentioned also. According to it's writing Playrix itself is the creator of these adds ...
    What do you mean with "official Playrix Wikipedia"? The Wiki I know is created and maintained by players:

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Township_Wiki

and Playrix has a normal homepage.
    Can you pls give a link to this explanation? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    What do you mean with "official Playrix Wikipedia"? The Wiki I know is created and maintained by players:

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Township_Wiki

and Playrix has a normal homepage.
    Can you pls give a link to this explanation? TIA
    I believe this is the page Ruud is referring to.

But as these articles are not necessarily written by the company itself and can be edited by others, i can't comment on their validity (note the "citation needed" on this topic).
    Last edited by dreadnought; 07-23-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    I believe this is the page Ruud is referring to.

But as these articles are not necessarily written by the company itself and can be edited by others, i can't comment on their validity.
    ooh I see - thanks, dread!

and I was just about to say that, too that this Wiki is not "official" in the sense that Playrix has "said" any of this. The author doesn't prove their statement with anything, which is also shown by the Wiki editor comment "citation needed".

(I'm not sure Playrix' games were the first where I saw these ads...)

ETA: I just had a look at the linked Wiki articles about the Playrix games themselves, which then have links to YouTube videos with these ads. They are all by private ppl, and only the Wiki articles claim that Playrix is the originator.

It could be, sure, but just as well they are just copying from each other, and the first author never proved it (at least I didn't see anything).
    The procedure there reminds me a bit of the other guy who came in here and stated he had found the formula on the Internet, how Playrix calculates the groups for getting ads in which we are claimed to be put by buying Tcash. He never gave a link or explanation afterwards, but it was even transferred to the TS Wiki.

=====
    As an aside, it's a pity Playrix is reduced there to their mobile games, although these obviously are successful.
    (although they made them give up their dragon! ;p )
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-23-2019 at 07:11 AM. Reason: typo and ETA

I am very well aware of the 'reasonable doubt' to keep in mind when consulting any Wikipedia page.

On the other hand the official distributors of Playrix games, like Playstore and Appstore, show those fake vids instead of the ones based on reality too.

Following the discussion about who's to blame for the delay of the Kindle update and the doubtful understanding between that Distributor and the Producer I could imagine false advertisings were brought up there just to bully the Producer. So why they are also showed on the other distribution channels?
    If you hear (or tell yourself) a story often enough and the company that topic of that story one day it will become the truth...
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 107/Android

When I updated my game today, this false advertising was right on the Playrix Township page where I update. It was added to the list of things you can do on Township, except this is a lie. I have a hard time believing Playrix is innocent in all this.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    City Building Project: Computer Store
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015