Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Leadership and regatta

  1. #1

    Leadership and regatta

    Allow leaders to do as many tasks as they can. It takes me one day to finish all 16 of my 135 tasks and I sit there and watch my team sometimes struggle.

  2. #2
    And how would the race be decided then.
    Why leaders only, anyway. It would probably result in a lot more solo coops.

    Take your time

  3. #3
    I agree with _DD_ it would be better if as a leader you took a bit more time, worked at the same pace as your team.

    Also this would seriously make it impossible for anyone who doesn't use T cash to win as some leaders with a lot of spare T cash would just do a lot of tasks, making it even more pay to win that it is currently.

    Also I have found from a previous co-op that it is really disheartening for players who can't be on all day and so take the week to finish their tasks if a few members of the team finish everything in one or two days and then keep saying things like I wish I could do more tasks to help. I am sure you mean it in a good way, but to others it may not always come across how you mean it.

  4. #4
    It sounds to me like you're saying you're more competitive than the team you lead. I don't mean that as a criticism - just an observation. Whether it's by nature or just by circumstance, I can't tell.

    Maybe your team feel they benefit from your being finished sooner, so they have one less person to compete with for tasks. Or maybe they feel they're slower to start partly because you use up 16 of the limited tasks on day one. Or maybe your habits make no overall difference to them at all. I'd say part of a good leader's role is to know that, though, and do whatever best supports the result you're all after.

    Regardless, I agree with the others that letting one person do as many tasks as they like while everybody else is limited probably isn't great for team cohesion, encourages Leadership passing to whoever has the deepest pockets, and increases the pay-to-win factor. I'm not a fan of the idea.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - Township Support.
    - the search function to see relevant posts.

  5. #5
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    292
    I've seen this thread brought up several times in various ways in the past few years. Bess and DD, in their infinite wisdom, are right on point. (I've realised that I've been away from here for too long. I miss the insight.)

    Some players find it discouraging when other players, especially leaders, finish their tasks so quickly. (Well, perhaps excluding those teams that make it a point to finish everything in 2-3 days, if not faster.) It means that they have to actually "wait" for a task to do. From the various co-ops that I have been a part of over my couple of years and with both of my towns, those that rush to complete tasks do so without consideration of the others that might need a bit more help to be able to be a more productive team member. As Ashdust said, maybe a more continuity with your team would be a better option.

    But to specifically address the question, allowing the leader to do more tasks than the others is an unfair advantage to other teams as well as a mockery to your teammates. (Nah-nah, you're not as good as me.) And leading a co-op is more about helping your team to become better.

    Besides, you may not have a job...whether retired, unemployed, on school break...while other leaders still balance the rest of life and may have only a certain number of hours to be online. So why should any player be allowed more than another?

    Just my thought. Sorry if it dampens your viewpoint.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .

    Active Since: September 2016

  6. #6
    Maybe an option to offer tasks to those that have finished their 15/16 would be handy (tba by both parties to avoid lazy members) for the sake of the teams progress. This would avoid any disappointment for those who can and can't complete the max amount of tasks.

  7. #7
    Facebook wont connect, cant get mobile app to link to game. help???

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Maybe an option to offer tasks to those that have finished their 15/16 would be handy (tba by both parties to avoid lazy members) for the sake of the teams progress. This would avoid any disappointment for those who can and can't complete the max amount of tasks.
    About 2.5 years ago I made a similar suggestion. Maybe one day they'll consider it more seriously especially if a number of people reinforce the idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    3) the ability to do tasks for other team members. Now this one does have more pros than cons. One suggestion would be to treat the number of tasks as being available to the whole group so instead of 13 people with 8 tasks each, there would be a pool of 104 tasks to draw from. Faster players could help the team that way. I kind of like what you suggested, or a variation of that. How about making it possible to do a "Product Request" in the chat but ask for a "Task". Limit would be 1. You could ask for it and another player could donate theirs to you. Still have to figure out how to deal with the "buy one for 10T" problem but a simple solution would be that each player has to buy their own and then if they want to donate it to someone else, OK.

  9. #9
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Maybe an option to offer tasks to those that have finished their 15/16 would be handy (tba by both parties to avoid lazy members) for the sake of the teams progress. This would avoid any disappointment for those who can and can't complete the max amount of tasks.
    As a general rule, I am against this. To me, this is akin to a student completing the homework of others because they are too lazy or stupid...or whatever other reason you might wish to include...to do their own work. Consider this: It's a regatta. An actual regatta consists of a group of people who share a similar workload to complete a race. Why should one person be able to do 45 tasks so that others can kick back and catch some rays while the wind whistles past their sunburnt ears?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    3) the ability to do tasks for other team members. Now this one does have more pros than cons. One suggestion would be to treat the number of tasks as being available to the whole group so instead of 13 people with 8 tasks each, there would be a pool of 104 tasks to draw from. Faster players could help the team that way. I kind of like what you suggested, or a variation of that. How about making it possible to do a "Product Request" in the chat but ask for a "Task". Limit would be 1. You could ask for it and another player could donate theirs to you. Still have to figure out how to deal with the "buy one for 10T" problem but a simple solution would be that each player has to buy their own and then if they want to donate it to someone else, OK.
    The only way that I would back this is if it was chargeable at, say 25T...15T to the person offering their "homework", 10T to the person completing their "homework". Perhaps that would persuade people to do their own work.

    As for the task pool, I would back that as a seasonal theme like the relays.
    Last edited by Will9455Nikki; 03-16-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Forgot something...oops
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .

    Active Since: September 2016

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    The only way that I would back this is if it was chargeable at, say 25T...15T to the person offering their "homework", 10T to the person completing their "homework". Perhaps that would persuade people to do their own work.

    As for the task pool, I would back that as a seasonal theme like the relays.
    As I look back on what I wrote so long ago, I think these ideas are now unworkable in the age of Relay Races. I have no idea how you'd score a relay if the number of legs in a relay could be more than the number of racers.

    Right now the maximum score for a single relay race is --- score = 405 + ((N - 3) * 145) where N is the number of racers (N>2)

    A "task pool" or "co-op request for a task" would still have to limit the number of legs in any given relay task else it would be unfair to the other teams in the race. Probably both ugly and impractical.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •