Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adverts for xxxScapes games

I had seen that game play advertised before for a game with the word "Mansion" in it's name. Even the tag line "Why is this game so hard?" was part of that game's ad. Fixing leaky sinks, fires in the microwave, yada yada were all part of that game.

I can't find that game in Google Play anymore or maybe my memory isn't as good as it used to be. However, it definitely was not any of the Playrix "...Scapes" games. Somehow the wires are crossed.

What I can't figure out is why Playrix hasn't taken any visible steps to remove that from their ad providers. While I don't think Playrix is being deceptive in their advertising, people are certainly drawing that conclusion when they get a match 3 game with re-decorating rather than the game shown in the video.

Playrix, you can't be totally helpless in this situation. Google play has clearly attached your game's name to another games video, that should be easy to fix.

I know exactly the game you mean, won't give the name here as I'm not sure I'm allowed to, it is still in the play store, I knew someone in a previous co-op in Township who played it, said it was a pretty exact copy of Homescapes and that game didn't include this element of fixing all these disasters either. So no idea what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    I know exactly the game you mean, won't give the name here as I'm not sure I'm allowed to, it is still in the play store, I knew someone in a previous co-op in Township who played it, said it was a pretty exact copy of Homescapes and that game didn't include this element of fixing all these disasters either. So no idea what is going on.
    It Is! I tried that one also , and its the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    What I can't figure out is why Playrix hasn't taken any visible steps to remove that from their ad providers. While I don't think Playrix is being deceptive in their advertising, people are certainly drawing that conclusion when they get a match 3 game with re-decorating rather than the game shown in the video.

Playrix, you can't be totally helpless in this situation. Google play has clearly attached your game's name to another games video, that should be easy to fix.
    I don't understand their non-reaction either. Gardenscapes doesn't have any other ad at all anymore.
    And someone must adapt these ads visually to all the different games!

But I think it is more to it than just 2 games being "exchanged", as I would say I have seen it for a 3rd game (company) at least.

I have been playing this game for a week or so now.. and I'm waiting for things to happen like in the ad video of this game, I'm at level 100+ and i do not get choices on what things to use/fix like in video... feeling deceived there... And having to wait so long for another life is REALLY UNBEARABLE. You really need to change time limit on next lives or perhaps have more prizes in games that win you longer infinity lives . Will try this game a bit longer but not happy that it's taken me 2 days to get 3 curtains for the kitchen, losing interest big time. No need to reply to this just giving my gaming opinion. Thank you!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 03-22-2019 at 09:36 PM. Reason: removed discussion of other games

Not as advertised?

Hi! I downloaded homescapes after i saw an ad showing a game where you choose the right tools for the right fix. Then all i see now is yet another cascade. Is this game not as advertised, or are there parts like that?

Quote Originally Posted by evakaname View Post
    Hi! I downloaded homescapes after i saw an ad showing a game where you choose the right tools for the right fix. Then all i see now is yet another cascade. Is this game not as advertised, or are there parts like that?
    No, Homescapes is mainly a Match 3 game, as you saw it in the first levels. It has a bit of story and a bit of renovating the garden and the house to it. But nothing like the ad you saw, where one does nothing else than choosing and repairing. It's false advertising, no-one here knows why.
    Similar ads exist for Playrix' other games Gardenscapes and Township, and I've seen it for other M3 games as well. All very mysterious, esp. why none of the companies do something against it.