Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER ALERT!!! Beta Peeks!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!

Thanks for sharing, Nevada

But why change the materials needed for community building? Why exchange materials i need for new power tools i need?

Example...if we are getting new zoo enclosures and each enclosure requires say 200 bricks, slabs and glass each..but then I also need bricks, slabs and glass to exchange for power tools for new community building...and all these need to be stored in an already over extended barn....makes my head spin. I could very well need 400+ bricks as an example

How is this making the game enjoyable? What benefits the player here?

I think i would rather keep my mint building!
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 163
    Best Co-op: Tigger's Den #GMNRD6
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post

But why change the materials needed for community building? Why exchange materials i need for new power tools i need?

Example...if we are getting new zoo enclosures and each enclosure requires say 200 bricks, slabs and glass each..but then I also need bricks, slabs and glass to exchange for power tools for new community building...and all these need to be stored in an already over extended barn....makes my head spin. I could very well need 400+ bricks as an example

Maybe we could still get rid of the mint, have all our community buildings pay us rent so they actually serve a purpose, and keep the building materials the same...... then again maybe pigs will fly, but we can always keep the hope alive.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

If you're at 163 level, you probably have all the community buildings already. So what's the problem for you, it's just ONE CB. Problem is for other players, if we need to get 30 power tools, hundreds of building materials will be needed to get these tools. Well, I don't know why devs are doing this to us. Even if you spend real money, this would be such a huge amount, so such purchase would be quite rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Not mentioned here, is that (per the leak I saw earlier) the Tool Exchange replaces the Mint.
    Maybe someone realized, that Mint is totally useless.
    Co-op: GRENN9
    Level: 60

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    OK, just looking at the screen shot about building the Canine Center and the Tool Exchange.

So I need bricks to build some stuff but I also need some other tool, apparently only available in the tool exchange (at least that's what the words say) and to get one or two of the new tools I need to give it old construction material, including bricks. So how many bricks will be needed if I have to turn some of them in at the exchange to get drills and/or jackhammers or whatever.

I can hear the screams now. You guys are in for a lot of grief if you do it this way. I hope you've planned on expanding the support staff.

My advice, don't do this at all. Delay or pull back the update and rethink this. The blowback is so predictable.

Also, only 1 exchange offer? What's the refresh time? And 20T to buy another slot. I can hear you called "money grubbers" from across the Atlantic.
    If its the way you have read it rather than what I thought at first cdosr, you're totally right there will be an outcry! I guess buying more slots is like buying more boxes at the factories, but to only give you 1 to start with is so tight & the next slot costing 20T is to high.

Its a shame that they seem to have taken an idea players have suggested & twisted it. If the tool exchange is released the way playrix seem to be planning, it wont hold any of the benefits players wanted it for in the first place.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 123
    Platform: Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by AnimusXDX View Post
    If you're at 163 level, you probably have all the community buildings already. So what's the problem for you, it's just ONE CB. Problem is for other players...
    The problem for me is that not only ONE CB but also two new zoo enclosures demanding construction materials.
    And don't make it seem that I have no empathy for low levels players because I do and I was also a level 60 player at one time.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 163
    Best Co-op: Tigger's Den #GMNRD6
    Platform: Kindle Fire

I don't know how it's going to work in practice, but in theory I think it seems that the new system will actually save barn space, especially if we concentrate on building one thing at a time. For example, if the new zoo enclosures need between 450 and 500 building materials each, yes, that's a lot of barn space, but if the animal hospital uses 101 building materials and 64 of the new tools, you can buy these as you go along rather than storing materials in the barn. Under the current system you would probably need 100 or so of each material = 300+ barn spaces, whereas with the new system it's potentially 165 spaces. I'm just hoping that the amount of time it takes for the offers in the tool factory to refresh is reasonable, and not several hours like the zoo orders, otherwise it seems as though it's going to be a very long drawn out process waiting first for trains and then for new tools.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I don't know how it's going to work in practice, but in theory I think it seems that the new system will actually save barn space, especially if we concentrate on building one thing at a time.
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too, JJay.

At level 103 with a barn of 1910, I just don't have enough barn storage to play events, race, build zoo enclosures, run helis for coins (especially for factories) and face a new CB under the old system all simultaneously. Since the new zoo came out and I actually started progressing there, I've had to adjust my mindset & only allow myself to tackle one or two of those things at a time. If the Tool thing works to ease the storage strain then that's fab.

I still think the barn expansion gradient is slightly too shallow in the later stages of town development, though .
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - Township Support.
    - the search function to see relevant posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I don't know how it's going to work in practice, but in theory I think it seems that the new system will actually save barn space, especially if we concentrate on building one thing at a time. For example, if the new zoo enclosures need between 450 and 500 building materials each, yes, that's a lot of barn space, but if the animal hospital uses 101 building materials and 64 of the new tools, you can buy these as you go along rather than storing materials in the barn. Under the current system you would probably need 100 or so of each material = 300+ barn spaces, whereas with the new system it's potentially 165 spaces. I'm just hoping that the amount of time it takes for the offers in the tool factory to refresh is reasonable, and not several hours like the zoo orders, otherwise it seems as though it's going to be a very long drawn out process waiting first for trains and then for new tools.
    I’m hoping for this.

In the example provided, it seems we need a lot less of the new tools than the old materials, although how the balance works out is yet to be seen.

Are tools kept at the exchange, though? Or in your barn once... completed...?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Are tools kept at the exchange, though? Or in your barn once... completed...?
    In the barn

252A74F9-11FA-4776-B336-955E5C818A46.jpg

Of course they are. :eyeroll:

Ah well. Still hoping we need much less tools than materials...
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.