Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Love your thick skin island. Very nice. Please visit my zoo at Piperdale #WXNXJH

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly Piper View Post
    Love your thick skin island. Very nice. Please visit my zoo at Piperdale #WXNXJH
    I like the parc in your Zoo, Pearly
    And what inspired you during the development of your Zoo?

The inspiration for my zoo redesign came from the wildlife reserve decoration I bought during the Jungle Season Regatta. Viewing the animals from a boat reminded me of visiting Cypress Gardens in Florida when I was a kid. That led me to removing most walkways and roads and replacing them with waterways. Now if you visit my zoo you will have the option to take a gondola, swan boat, or row boat.

Last edited by dreadnought; 03-18-2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: fixed images
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Town: Phenix
    Platform: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...Playing Zoo was a way to create my own dream world so that box was very precious to me.
    Toy tigers... having all these zoos close to you must have been inspiring indeed
    Looks great for them, with all the flowers around! hope they like them!

Quote Originally Posted by 52Janice View Post
    ...That led me to removing most walkways and roads and replacing them with waterways. Now if you visit my zoo you will have the option to take a gondola, swan boat, or row boat.
    Love it, and it looks fabulous, Janice!
    one of the few good things in my re-designed (dumped down) zoo is that I could use the waterways for which I have no room in my town, as I threw most deco out in the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Toy tigers... having all these zoos close to you must have been inspiring indeed
    Looks great for them, with all the flowers around! hope they like them!
    I suppose they do with the offspring they got
    Talking about Tigers; in the 1970s my dad loved to go early in the morning to the Rotterdam to see the big Cats taking a bath.
    He worked on an oil panting with two tigers on it and one of them was playing in a creek.
    So he took a lot of photos for inspiration.
    tiger dad.jpg
    Sadly he passed away about ten years ago. As a Memorial I have this White Tiger bust on my PC desk.
    He was planning to paint a triptych of three Tiger cubs and as a reminder he bought those three little ones in the middle of the picture.

By the way: When you started your Zoo, what where your thoughts, what was your favorite animal/spot and is there a connection with experiences in real life?

We have a zoo in Denver Colorado that I visited often as a child. My favorite exhibit was the polar bears. We also at one time had an island area that housed small monkeys. It was really just a circular area in the middle of a large plaza surrounded by a moat. Over time the trees in it grew and some of the branches hung out over the moat. The monkeys learned to climb to the ends of the branches and jump onto people who were walking by and then escape. They finally redesigned the exhibit and did away with Monkey Island.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 52Janice View Post
    The inspiration for my zoo redesign came from the wildlife reserve decoration I bought during the Jungle Season Regatta. Viewing the animals from a boat reminded me of visiting Cypress Gardens in Florida when I was a kid. That led me to removing most walkways and roads and replacing them with waterways. Now if you visit my zoo you will have the option to take a gondola, swan boat or row boat.
    Looking good, Janice!
    Great idea to place Jettys to make it possible to visit areas also by foot

Talking about Tigers; in the 1970s my dad loved to go early in the morning to the Rotterdam to see the big Cats taking a bath.
    He worked on an oil panting with two tigers on it and one of them was playing in a creek.
    so you inherited this love for animals, and keeping oneself busy with them (as a hobby, but more than just visiting them, dunno the right words)

By the way: When you started your Zoo, what where your thoughts, what was your favorite animal/spot and is there a connection with experiences in real life?
    me? no connection to any experiences. I saw a wonderful zoo on the plane Leaderboard, which vanished meanwhile, alas, and got the idea there NOT to build just squares for the enclosures. This one:

Screenshot_2016-03-13 08-25-09 Zanzia Zoo-min.jpg (tap on it to see it bigger, zoom, etc)
    More explanation in this post.

I just built in my zoo what was or became available, until zoo lvl 16 or somesuch. I had more expansions cleared than enclosures, or somehow more space, so I decorated there quite a bit, the little yellow car with flowers with one of the children's playground thingies and such. I just loved playing with what was there, both animals- and children-(play-)wise. It was a "game" in its best meaning.

With the zoo change, I lost interest in decorating there, esp. because of the ugly bubbles floating everywhere. Sooo unrealistic (even) in my fantasy world.
    But also cos of the chaos with getting animals now, they are sitting in my book and there's no structure to getting them. So I put most stuff in storage, put the animals "in a row", so to speak, and am waiting for the thing to finish itself somehow.
    And yes, just tested it with one request and have again 8 of 8 asking for nine items at least once.

so, will rather keep reading here about the experience of others
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-19-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added the pic

Janice I’m super I love with your water way zoo! It’s really beautiful and a great use of all the water decorations we get. If I ever am feeling brave enough to redo my zoo entirely I might just borrow and idea or two if that ok.

As for my zoo it’s loosely modeled off my own hometown zoo here in Houston with a few extras thrown in here and there. My zoo in Garden Grove features an Artic Area complete with polar animals that our zoo in Houston could never have being that we just don’t have the climate to support such animals. I can’t wait until I’m finally able to get our two newest animals as the red panda exhibit is one of my favorites. And of course the armadillo is the Texas state animal, so a little home pride there.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.