Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where did you (re)placed your Zoo shops after the Update?

Now that the so very valuable but also very maligned Zoo shops have been degraded into 'just' decorations, I wonder what did you do with them since.

- Do you still display them efficiently in a row at the entrance of your Zoo;
    - Have you divided the shops over the zoo to provide the visitors small moments of rest during their tour;
    - Were you so disappointed that you just put them in store;
    - Or were you brave enough to take a big leap and did you place one or more in your city?
    I am particularly curious about the latter.
    Do you think they fit in your city; how can you combine them well and with which you cannot?

Yes, it is really a shame that the shops have lost their function, but maybe you have a good tip to give them (as decoration) some value again!
    Just let me know! !
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

I didn't have the beverage shop, out of the other 5 I only put the snack bar in storage. It makes sense to me that the zoo has shops for the customers. I think the petting zoo is cute & find the restaurant in particular a lovely building. I am so pleased they at least kept the animations.

At some point I would like to find a place for the restaurant & Ice cream shop in my town, but at the moment space is an issue so will have to wait

I moved mine into town - they're providing refreshment for the visitors at my amusements area. Though I arguably now have too many places to get coffee.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Bessville; 03-15-2019 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Larger pic

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I moved mine into town - they're providing refreshment for the visitors at my amusements area. Though I arguably now have too many places to get coffee.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Glad to see this works for you Bess

Very nice Bess, & nope you can never have to many places to get coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I didn't have the beverage shop, out of the other 5 I only put the snack bar in storage. It makes sense to me that the zoo has shops for the customers. I think the petting zoo is cute & find the restaurant in particular a lovely building. I am so pleased they at least kept the animations.

At some point I would like to find a place for the restaurant & Ice cream shop in my town, but at the moment space is an issue so will have to wait
    I thought I mentioned before that the Ice cream shop and ice cream houses could fit quite well in the Sweet zone of your town.
    If and when you got enough space off course;D

I don't have the beverage shop yet, but maybe it will be someday in my Dessert zone in the Zoo.
    The 3D theatre is a must have in modern Zoos (IMO) so there it will stay.
    I've tried to fit my restaurant, Fast food restaurant and Ice Cream shop in town but got no satisfying result on that.
    The only Zoo shop that is in my town now is the Petting Zoo. It fits perfectly with Kindergarten and the playgrounds in Midtownstreet.
    20190313_010454.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I thought I mentioned before that the Ice cream shop and ice cream houses could fit quite well in the Sweet zone of your town.
    If and when you got enough space off course;D

I don't have the beverage shop yet, but maybe it will be someday in my Dessert zone in the Zoo.
    The 3D theatre is a must have in modern Zoos (IMO) so there it will stay.
    I've tried to fit my restaurant, Fast food restaurant and Ice Cream shop in town but got no satisfying result on that.
    The only Zoo shop that is in my town now is the Petting Zoo. It fits perfectly with Kindergarten and the playgrounds in Midtownstreet.
    20190313_010454.jpg
    Yes you did Ruud & it's a great idea, unfortunately I have a memory like a sieve Thanks for the reminder.

What an awesome idea with the petting zoo! Very clever thinking
    Last edited by Downton; 03-13-2019 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Yes you did Ruud & it's a great idea, unfortunately I have a memory like a sieve Thanks for the reminder.

What an awesome idea with the petting zoo! Very clever thinking
    Thank you Downton and of course I like to help you remember.
    Wishing you sweet dreams x

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Thank you Downton and of course I like to help you remember.
    Wishing you sweet dreams x
    Thanks Ruud, same to you too xx

My zoo had developped itself; I liked it, with the deco I found fitting for it and children's places and all the animals, in enclosures or outside. The shops were spread out over the whole area.
    I then noticed I wouldn't have enough room for the last 6 enclosures.

So, when Playrix did the big change of killing the shops, I put everything "extra" away, re-arranged the existing enclosures in squares (like so many have), left/made room for the last ones and put all the shops in one place, cos they have lost their purpose. Not sure I would have bought them as deco.
    Not very inspiring or funny anymore, my zoo. I esp dislike the ugly request bubbles everywhere. As they all ask for 9 items, they won't go away anymore.

The funny or entertaining thing in other zoos were often the names in the books (the animals are all the same). Gone, too.

2019-03 shops now-min.jpg
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-13-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Bildverkleinerung fuer upload