Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co op size vs getting into gold league?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffh999 View Post
    Slight thread veer: When you're talking about dumping a task (bold above), are you talking about dumping the task before or after starting that specific task?
    I'm talking about the penalty to your Global Leaderboard score that's paid for (Elders and above) dumping tasks directly off the board, to be replaced by others yor team might prefer to do instead.

Tasks dumped after being started are different - those still count towards the total number you're allowed to do, but you score 0 for them, so those obviously do affect your team's score in the race.
    Last edited by Bessville; 03-20-2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Slight thread veer: When you're talking about dumping a task (bold above), are you talking about dumping the task before or after starting that specific task?
    They're talking about dumping it while it's still on the board, BEFORE starting the task. If you dump it AFTER you've started, it counts as one of your (finite number of) tasks but then of course you don't get points for it.

(In co-op chats, I prefer to use the words "discard" or "remove" when referring to removing tasks from the board. I use the word "dump" for canceling the task after it's been started.)

I was pretty sure that was the case - it does get confusing when one word is used to describe two different events.

I was pretty sure that was the case - it does get confusing when one word is used to describe two different events.
    Well, when you go to delete a task from off the board the game asks you to confirm "are you sure you want to dump this task?". So that's definitely officially called dumping. I'm not sure what language it uses when you go to quit one you've already started, because I've never done it. So I can't say whether the game uses "dump" for both actions, or whether it's just some players that do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do we get penalized for dumping tasks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Asna View Post
    Do we get penalized for dumping tasks ?
    Hi Asna, welcome to the forum. You can find other discussions of a topic by using the forum's search function. There's actually another very recent conversation about dumping tasks here, which includes links to a couple of other sources of info too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Well, when you go to delete a task from off the board the game asks you to confirm "are you sure you want to dump this task?". So that's definitely officially called dumping. I'm not sure what language it uses when you go to quit one you've already started, because I've never done it. So I can't say whether the game uses "dump" for both actions, or whether it's just some players that do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I am a brave soul Bess....

...DUMP YOUR TASK....
    You won't earn regatta points for the tasks you delete, but they'll be considered picked anyway.
    Cancel or Dump

Dump After Starting Task.jpg
    Last edited by kitty4715; 03-21-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: fixed typo

I am in a co-op of 2 with my sister since September. We got to gold and stayed in except once when one of us accidently took a non 135 task. A larger league can earn more chests, but it is not worth having to deal with players who do not finish their tasks. We have been first 5x. We have a policy against spending more than 200 T-cash on regatta ($3.5 in real money)