Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co op size vs getting into gold league?

Co op size vs getting into gold league?

I have read many times in the co op ads that a team requires more members so they can get into gold league. I do not understand why they say this. Surely reaching gold league has nothing to do with how many people there are on the team? It is more about completing high point tasks in a timely manner.

I agree Cathy I am in a co-op of 3 in Gold league, not long ago we had to climb back up from silver after someone joined & let us down with tasks. I would be interested to hear if anyone could explain an extra advantage larger co-ops have when it comes to climbing leagues that I don't know about

There is a Coop size bonus.
    It's more about Global Leaderboard, though; just that being in the Golden League is a requirement for that.

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...aderboard&l=en

Here's how scores are calculated: bonus points for race position and co-op size are added to the co-op's average score, while penalty points are deducted for dumped tasks.
    - The average score is the total co-op score for the previous seasonal regatta divided by the number of members who participated in it.
    - The bonus for co-op size is based on the maximum number of regatta participants in your co-op. The more members there are, the bigger the bonus is.
    - The bonus for race position means that the higher your position in the regatta, the more points you get.
    - The penalty for dumped tasks is based on the number of tasks dumped from the common task board in the previous seasonal regatta divided by the number of co-op participants in that race.
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-10-2019 at 07:56 PM.

About the only advantage I could think of is that with smaller co-ops it requires not only a perfect score but a speedy finish to advance. With larger co-ops, it might be easier to finish in the top 3 with a "near perfect" score. A couple of weeks ago, my team of 13 had a perfect score and finished 6th due to the speed tie breaker.

Of course, I could be totally full of baloney (bologna )

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    True but the bonus is not added to the actual race score so it wouldn't affect how you advance up through the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    True but the bonus is not added to the actual race score so it wouldn't affect how you advance up through the leagues.
    Yes. I added meanwhile that it is for the GLB, and not for "reaching" Gold league. It could have been written misleading in the ad, or the OP could have misunderstood/misread it.

Thanks cdosr & DD, yes these examples make sense Having more players may well give a bit more leeway with score and time. It's also feasible some of the co-ops advertising have GLB ambitions for the future.

Why do you get penalized for dumping tasks? We are only being offered low point tasks. It’s a no win situation. I love this game ,but I’m about to quit the regatta. I’ve spent quite a bit of money playing, but no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen2292 View Post
    Why do you get penalized for dumping tasks? We are only being offered low point tasks. It’s a no win situation. I love this game ,but I’m about to quit the regatta. I’ve spent quite a bit of money playing, but no more.
    Keeping your dump rate low to rank highly on the GLB presents an entirely optional extra layer of challenge, beyond just racing purely for wins. Nobody is forced to worry about their dump rate in the slightest if they don't care about the GLB. It makes no difference to race scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Keeping your dump rate low to rank highly on the GLB presents an entirely optional extra layer of challenge, beyond just racing purely for wins. Nobody is forced to worry about their dump rate in the slightest if they don't care about the GLB. It makes no difference to race scores.
    Slight thread veer: When you're talking about dumping a task (bold above), are you talking about dumping the task before or after starting that specific task?