How Do I Go 3-d?

My poor little town has suffered such neglect lately. I've just been stuffing things willy-nilly all over without an eye to any design. A sudden and severe case of strep throat, plus 6-18 more inches of snow projected for the Great Northland this weekend, has given me enforced time to straighten things up. I love the 3-d effect some folks have achieved with their houses, and would like to do the same, but cannot figure it out. Help?
    ​-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lynnie

Level 87
    Zoo Level 84
    iOS on iPad Pro
    Co-op: Albuquerque #HCWWCZ
    Town: Chebbyville

Is this the kind of thing you mean, Duchess? This is Ann's town, btw - hope you don't mind being made an example of, Boo

F6CDF91A-3A77-4EB4-ACEC-53B98F94F259.jpg

If so, the houses are just placed symmetrically but at right angles to each other, with a single line of empty space between one 'row' and the one behind.

Yes, this was exactly it, Bess! Thank you so much!
    ​-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lynnie

Level 87
    Zoo Level 84
    iOS on iPad Pro

Search the co-op “Lorna G” and check out Lornas town.

Here was the first time I saw this style of decorating, and it’s superb.

As Bess said: note how buildings/decs are placed at right angles and mirrored. Note also how similar buildings are placed one in front of the other, not side by side, to create that “climbing the hill” effect.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Ah, I knew I had seen a really exquisite example, but accidently obliterated my screen shot. Thank you, Nevada, "Lorna G" was the one! Between you and Bess, I think I've got it now!
    Lynnie

Level 87
    Zoo Level 84
    iOS on iPad Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DuchessMN View Post
    Ah, I knew I had seen a really exquisite example, but accidently obliterated my screen shot. Thank you, Nevada, "Lorna G" was the one! Between you and Bess, I think I've got it now!
    Fab! Now, you realise we're gonna expect a screenshot when you're done? No pressure, lol

How do I do a search? I would like to see how her 3-d town looks.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mreed View Post
    How do I do a search? I would like to see how her 3-d town looks.
    Thanks
    Go into your coop building, hit the search tab and type in the coop name or coop tag for the person you want to find in the search bar. Then look for their name within the list of coop members shown and you're there.