Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 05.03 The Pirate Season is LIVE: Relay Tasks Guide

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    With 3 racers, they should just dump them (or ignore, depending on your dumping strategy).
    Not wanting to contradict you but it really depends on the relay task. Let's say it's something relatively easy, like a 25 Helicopter or 7 Smelting or 58 Mining Ore. All of those would be considered "easy" by many co-ops.

So, in a 3 member team, doing the relay is equivalent to 3 separate 135s but finding 3 separate "easy" 135s on the board is harder. It can be looked at as a gift to some teams.

Of course the downside is that they have to be done serially rather than 3 overlapped tasks. It's a tradeoff I'd make.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Not wanting to contradict you but it really depends on the relay task. Let's say it's something relatively easy, ...
    lol, ok Good addition. But remember that only 2 are left now.

I concentrated more on one person having finished (and its consequences) and the 'original specialty' of the relay tasks giving more than 135 in the end (hence Playrix' recommendation in post #1).

(I personally dump them anyway, racing with 2 most often, and getting "real" 135's quite OK.)
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Hi how are you doing

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Relay tasks are the worse thing they have done w/regatta..4~5 of these taking up space on the screen, and they are never quick tasks.
    Actually, with a bit of preparation, many of these can be finished instantly. (Ships - except for watermelons - as well as some factory and field tasks can be finished in mere seconds

Today we have 4 of them on task screen..not one of them worth 135pts to start.
    True, but let one complete at 130, the second at 135, the third at 140 (and then you have balance the 135 issue) but all others are 145. What's not to love about more points?

I believe they should all be deleted to allow room for tasks..one solution to the problem would be to move them below when taken..they clog up the task screen!
    And if you did this, what would happen to the task if there were 12 active tasks on screen? Automatic deletion and let anyone who hasn't had the opportunity be out of luck?

Personally, I think the challenge of the relay is something that should have happened a long time ago. I would say that to any that don't like it, spend 4 weeks on Homescapes.

Ok, so it sounds like a team that wants to do all 16/135 should dump relay tasks after one of the racers has finished all 16. It would stink if someone started a relay task after one of the racers has already done 16 tasks. I wish there was a way to prevent that

Quote Originally Posted by Rainglaze View Post
    Ok, so it sounds like a team that wants to do all 16/135 should dump relay tasks after one of the racers has finished all 16. It would stink if someone started a relay task after one of the racers has already done 16 tasks. I wish there was a way to prevent that
    The best way to prevent that, is to have a team that talks to each other, understands what the team goal is and take their tasks accordingly.
    We have to keep in mind that there are teams out there that don't race with perfect scores, and for them, a 130 relay task even done only by one member is a totally viable option.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Very true. My team communicates well about goals...we just do stupid things every once in awhile. Makes me paranoid. I guess I wish the game could grey out relay tasks if one or more players have finished racing. But like you said, for some teams, choosing a task that's worth less than 135 is a viable option. Thanks dreadnought

Off topic but how do I invite more friends? It wont let me im at 50 now. Dont know if this will help but please try adding me code is ncnbxt

Quote Originally Posted by Apineda01 View Post
    Off topic but how do I invite more friends? It wont let me im at 50 now. Dont know if this will help but please try adding me code is ncnbxt
    with 50 ingame friends, you only have the Facebook option left. Pls read dreadnought's advice on it here.
    W/o FB, you can't add more friends, but can stay on others' pending list, if they try to add you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Relay tasks spotted so far:

[Snip]

8 zoo

[/Snip]
    Are you sure on this one? Aren't 135 point Zoo Order tasks 11? I remember people saying that it was an overnight task because you needed to wait 9 hours for the additional 3 orders. Is the relay version 8? Did they lower the overall requirement for Zoo Order tasks and we just didn't notice?

Thanks for your list.

BTW,

13 Grape Fizz
    10 Popsicles
    13 Puffed Rice
    9 Quiche
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-11-2019 at 12:40 AM.