Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The door should swing both ways

Btw..i'm a she

Mesa az
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Yes, but the OP is in a solo co-op. If s/he is waiting for the other members to help (there are none), he/she will be waiting a very long time lol. My co-op members help, but not always are they on, and they may not have what I need. I also know that there are other members of our coop they may be helping so I don't think it is fair to kick someone just because they never seem to help you
    Oh understand what you saying and I also understand that not all players can help. I just delt with ones from my experience were they constantly ask for help but never ask.
    And I know she is not in a co op 😂😂

Hi Mesa, my co-op is Global Union, I have been playing a few years and had a great team, but found I wanted to compete harder in regattas..I recommended my co-leader form a new co-op, which they did n are GL. My point is that the majority of friends receive help more than give it...n often they are in larger co-ops so they can request from them too. To a solo player (my choice) help from friends is evermore valuable.

Mesa az
    Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi Mesa, my co-op is Global Union, I have been playing a few years and had a great team, but found I wanted to compete harder in regattas..I recommended my co-leader form a new co-op, which they did n are GL. My point is that the majority of friends receive help more than give it...n often they are in larger co-ops so they can request from them too. To a solo player (my choice) help from friends is evermore valuable.
    I understand what you are saying it's all good.
    Just got to do what ya got to do.
    😃😃😃

I am in a similar situation with a very small co-op with my husband and son and they rarely play so it often feels like a solo co-op. I'm also not a FB player so I am limited on friends and the ones I have are critical. I only have two types of friends - those who help me a lot and those who request help a lot. I don't really mind the moochers as long as they are consistently asking for help, because I look at it as a great opportunity to earn coins and clovers

For me, the game is ALL about helping! I think I advance the most through helping and I even think it is so important that I purposefully put a help request on everything that I can even if I can fill the train or plane or zoo bin with my own stock pile. For example, every train that comes in I use one help request, especially if it is something "easy" that I can offer to my friends so they can get a clover. I hope no one thinks of me as a moocher... I never even thought of it that way, I always thought of it as giving away some coins and a clover to a friend. You don't earn coins on your own train but you earn coins on other's trains.

You can friend me if you want a helper You can also look at your friends and check their stats in their town hall. It will tell you how many helps they've given. At my level I dump friends that haven't helped at least 4,000 or so.

Happy helping

I think even describing people asking for help as 'moochers' is kind of missing the point. Many coops insist their members ask for help every single time they're able to, because its recognised that filling somebody else's help request gets you more in return than filling your own would. Nobody is obligated to fill a request just because it's there, after all. You just have to assess for yourself whether what you'll get in return for giving is worth it to you at the time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi Just a minute, by ur message I'm sure no-one would consider u a moocher coz u reciprocate, that's the difference. Helping is a great feature of this game, but should be used fairly, there are many faces that I've helped that I've seldom/never seen help me...ahhh me...to remove or not to remove, that is the question

I do hundreds of helps a day. I try as often as possible to help smaller towns. Many of those players don't reciprocate. It used to bother me a bit but I figured helping them out relieved stress on my barn, made me feel good, and gave me a clover. So I already was rewarded. Lately I have noticed that several players that I have helped for months/years now help me on a regular basis. I have to assume it is because their towns are now big enough to allow them to do so. So be patient. Help when you want to, or not. But you do get rewarded with a clover whether or not they ever reciprocate with goods.

(I too am a solo player. I do recognize it is sometimes difficult to fill orders without help in the game. But those are pretty normal growing pains. It will get easier with time).
    Last edited by Cody Lyons; 03-07-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Mesa az
    When I call players moochers it is ONLY the ones who never help,
    I understand at times some can't help, BUT when it's been weeks yes then they are moochers want help but not return it. I am going on by my own experience with players.

Johnalex Zarco
    [...] Thx for ur comment Johnalex...it's not a case of poor little me, or not coping, my co-op is doing ok. It's simply an appeal for reciprocation. I am aware there are givers n takers in this game (n the real world) but feel that friends should be happy to be both.
    I understand that. It would be nice if we all reciprocated. I get helped a lot, but I am never able to help back. I am thankful for the help, but am just not able to help back. I would take advantage and use this as a co-op advertising opportunity, but my co-op is not competitive lol.

Btw..i'm a she
    Thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I think even describing people asking for help as 'moochers' is kind of missing the point. Many coops insist their members ask for help every single time they're able to, because its recognised that filling somebody else's help request gets you more in return than filling your own would. Nobody is obligated to fill a request just because it's there, after all. You just have to assess for yourself whether what you'll get in return for giving is worth it to you at the time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I might have an obscured world view, but I don't think the majority of players are attempting to "mooch" necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa az View Post
    When I call players moochers it is ONLY the ones who never help,
    I understand at times some can't help, BUT when it's been weeks yes then they are moochers want help but not return it. I am going on by my own experience with players.
    Its been weeks since I have been able to help someone who helped me. I help when I can, but it can be a lengthy period of time because I don't have the dealer 24/7/365.