Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The door should swing both ways

Hi Johnalex, I'd like to think ppl don't intend to 'mooch' (where did that label come from..reminds me of a song) n I know it can be demanding to help. It looks that way for the helpers though, especially when they need help...just fyi I always replace what I use so I'm as 'fully stocked' as possible. I only give what I have excess of...mostly only one item, but I figure if we all have a minimum of 50 friends, the odds are some others can help too. I always empty the market...that way I end up with excess of something...I couldn't help much without these things. I'm sure we all do that anyway...just saying

In my co-op asking for help on every train and plane, even if you don't need it, is a requirement as well as being extra helpful. I also encourage my team members to be "clover ninjas" and be super attentive to their friend list to fill help request. Clovers are a valuable asset, HOL can be very rewarding with coin, tcash, gems for boosters/deco and product too (which you can sell for coin if you don't need it) not to mention a quick regatta task because you always have clovers to play. So mooch away please!!! We love receiving the benefits.

As for non-helping friends, yes, clean up your friends list. In the end you will be a lot happier having friends that are helpful when you really do need it.
    Last edited by Truliville; 03-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Town: Truli
    Level: 146
    Co-op Leader: Unsinkable #UNS6W2
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi Johnalex, I'd like to think ppl don't intend to 'mooch' (where did that label come from..reminds me of a song) n I know it can be demanding to help. It looks that way for the helpers though, especially when they need help...just fyi I always replace what I use so I'm as 'fully stocked' as possible. I only give what I have excess of...mostly only one item, but I figure if we all have a minimum of 50 friends, the odds are some others can help too. I always empty the market...that way I end up with excess of something...I couldn't help much without these things. I'm sure we all do that anyway...just saying
    I try to empty my market out, but my barn always says "Not enough space" lol. I first used the term moocher in my first reply to the thread:
    I do not help people all the time. I am not active enough, and most people need things I don't have. Not everyone is a moocher simply because they don't help you. No one is required to help you, and most people reserve their supplies to help people in their co-op. If you want more help, consider joining a co-op with other people in it.
    I think most people give what they have in excess of. If you don't have something, you can't give it.
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I am in a 2-person co-op so depend on friends. I used to help everyone -- my profile picture is the racoon with 5000 clovers after playing 9 months. I have deleted moochers so I have room for new friends. I help a lot and get help even with difficult items.

I disagree with the advice to join a larger co-op. Personally, I love being in a solo co-op.

I am also limited to 50 friends as I don't have Facebook.

I periodically delete players who either become inactive for a long stretch or who haven't helped me, in some cases ever. I do have a few where I help them and they haven't helped me, but they do send gifts. I can't always help people; either my level isn't high enough or I may not have the item or the timing isn't good (waiting for my trains to arrive or to see what my next plane needs). Right now I am not the most helpful as I am working hard on producing fuel for the Aerial Challenge.

I agree with the advice to periodically delete a player who may have gone inactive or who for whatever reason doesn't ever seem to help, and to make room for someone new.

I also agree with asking for help on everything, all trains and plane crates, as it helps everyone collect clovers.
    Last edited by missy.; 08-02-2019 at 02:18 AM. Reason: correction

I don't enjoy kicking "friends" but you have to have a clean out now and again, if someone seems no longer active, never helps, never sends you anything and basically never interact.

Focus on the idea of a new friend you haven't met yet who you're not helping, who is active, wants a friend etc. You're not being fair to that person and potential new friend, if you clinging on to the other one LOL You could be just the person they are looking for LOL

BTW since the update has anyone noticed friends that they can't kick?

For FB friends there is now a little icon rather than different colour. For ingame friends there is usually a cross in the top left corner when you look at the line of friends.

I have 2 low level friends I can't seem to delete. I'm pretty sure they don't play, and one sticks out in particular as having been such a low level for a long time.

They don't have the FB logo. They're not in our coop. But there's no cross to delete them. Anyone else found this issue? Being haunted by absent friends?
    Level: 222 L&P Star 2 / Level 67 L&P Star 3
    Coops: Star town-owners / New Star-town-owners
    Coop tags: #S88Y93 / #NEWYK9
    Mininum 10 tasks in regatta / 16@135 .

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    Anyone else found this issue? Being haunted by absent friends?
    Yeah, one looked like a FB friend but wasn't, and another was in-game but kept popping back every time I deleted him. Both loitered around for months but seem to be gone now.

Except now you made me say that out loud which means if they're back tomorrow it's 100% your fault..

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Yeah, one looked like a FB friend but wasn't, and another was in-game but kept popping back every time I deleted him. Both loitered around for months but seem to be gone now.

Except now you made me say that out loud which means if they're back tomorrow it's 100% your fault..
    That's OK everything is usually my fault anyway being the only male in the household. So it's easily stretched to Township.

Loitering and popping back would be annoying too. But I can't actually even delete these two. They're around full time. I've tried dropping hints, yawning, turning off the lights, etc I just can't get them to go leave. There's no cross in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by L&P Star 2 View Post
    They don't have the FB logo. They're not in our coop. But there's no cross to delete them. Anyone else found this issue? Being haunted by absent friends?
    I've just gone into the towns of a half dozen friends. On every one (except that stalker, Ernie), I have an icon on the bottom left of the screen with a player symbol and an "x". Tapping the button brings up a message "Remove Friend - Are you sure you want to remove [player name] from your friends list?"

It appears any can be removed, but you have to go to their town to do it. One final hurrah, if you will.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    I've just gone into the towns of a half dozen friends. On every one (except that stalker, Ernie), I have an icon on the bottom left of the screen with a player symbol and an "x". Tapping the button brings up a message "Remove Friend - Are you sure you want to remove [player name] from your friends list?"

It appears any can be removed, but you have to go to their town to do it. One final hurrah, if you will.
    Thanks for the input. I've tried that one but it didn't work either. On normal towns as you say, there's 1) a friends box/ boy and girl symbol, 2) a player symbol with an x 3) a coop box

Just retried, and for these 2 there's only 1) the friends box boy/girl 3) a coop box. There's no "player symbol with an x" like normal ones

Actually Facebook friends also only show the 1) friends box boy/girl and 3) coop icon as well. There's is no player with an x to delete. That makes sense as you can't delete a FB friend in that way either.
    But the thing is these 2 aren't showing as FB friends. They have no FB logo/icon under them.

Thinking about it I wonder if there is something wrong with the FB linkage in some way for these 2. Maybe it's a FB issue