Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Emulators] Cannot build, cannot access Regatta

Open letter to Playrix about emulators

It is true: the company has killed the game and left us, emulator users, for days, idly playing, with no warning, nothing. All interactions with other players weren’t working (regatta, chat, helping/visiting others…) and the construction/decor bottom right menu displayed a “Technical maintenance” message on touch. When the truth was that, with no update in between, those other "features that might not work on emulators" out of the blue expanded to the very basic function of saving your progress and continued with any kind of interaction with other players. I had to go online and the only answer I found was in the forum: no official acknowledgement, maybe I missed it. Just a post in a thread that said something like: “if you are having this issue and you are not using an emulator, please PM me” from a Playrix staff member. That’s just plain rude, Playrix. They just cut us off from the community and didn’t even care to say so out loud: that we are worth nothing for your business company and that what was really going on is that we've been shut down for good.

Let me get something clear here: emulator users are not cheaters. I don’t know if some of them are, but I’m certainly not! I do 13-15 tasks for my cooperative every week playing fair and square all the way through! I use an emulator only because I get anguished in a tiny screen whereas on a big screen it relaxes me just to stare at my city.

The game can be “legally” run on a PC with Windows 10 (it can be downloaded from the store) and I don’t know if it works on later Windows versions as well, I suppose it does. But it doesn’t run on Windows 7 (or Linux, which is free) and that’s what I have in my PC. I didn’t catch wind that there was a free update to Windows 10 until it ended. And I, for certain, don’t have over 100 euros to spare on a license and won’t have for years, maybe.

I'm actually crying... I suffer depression and anxiety. This game was the best tool I had to cope with my anxiety problems and now it's gone... This is really bad. I was fine with no support as long as I could keep on playing. I haven’t seen my helicopter nor ships in years, but I was fine with that, it was a small price to pay for a big screen view. By the way, I forgot I was told back then about this no support thing and I apologize for writing an anguished post about graphics going nuts and never coming back to say so, I was ashamed I forgot. Though I didn't know this anti-emulator feeling run so deep to these lengths. Were all those emulator-checking on tech support really that annoying? Or the posts in the forum from those of us playing on emulators who didn't know we were not supported? Why don't instead just throw a message at the beginning saying "Know that we do not provide support for players on emulators like the one you are using" instead of throwing us to the bin?

I feel dirty like I've been playing for two-three years, caring about a game and its people only to find out they do not care back about me... I feel unwanted. And yes, I can't stop crying. I feel I've wasted entire days, months of my life on this game, with all the illusion I put on redesigning my city, the long hours at night when I should be sleeping but I just couldn’t leave it unfinished… all for nothing.

In my solitude, this game became kind of my only friend (or quite literally, since I’ve had no friends for the last years and I quit using any social network about a year ago, Facebook and its branches being the one I despise the most after learning part of what’s going on behind the curtains). So, I have the right to say thank you Township and thank you Playrix for showing me that no matter how deeply I cherished our moments together and your every event and new season warmed my heart with its new decorations ...All this last month waiting for you to bring your pirates (next season's decor) to my welcoming city... But you never really cared or gave a dime for me, because you've just thrown me into an even smaller cell of solitude... Just shouted the door right on my face and left me out with no clue about what I did so wrong to offend you so deeply to do such thing, to treat me (and other good-hearted like me) as third-class citizens unworthy of entering your fantasy realm.

This post was written over the course of a couple of days. I got my hands on a Windows10 (if I wanted to see the pirates come to town, I might have to become sort of one myself to fit in). I installed the game yesterday, Friday. I had all my progress saved with my Google Play account (the whitest among the blackest, the ones I have faith might chance the nets for good one day, I just hope I'm still here to see it). But there’s nowhere to connect with such account to retrieve my town. So, I asked for technical support, scared of what the answer might be this time. But they won’t answer for two more days since it’s weekend, so I don't know. Still, it felt like begging… asking for permission to get in (because I'm not Facebook's) after being treated like an idiot, playing for days with a disconnected, non-updating city, as punishment for using an emulator. Which seems to make me a very awful, mischievous, cheater person.

So, for three days now I haven't been playing, and it feels strange. I guess I'll have to start wrapping my head about the idea of deleting that folder with the photos of decorations I envy that I saw in other player's towns (that fifty friends limit sucks) and throwing away the notebook I have where I've been writing down things about the game I wanted to talk about someday on this very forum but I was too scared to... My city inside this game was the thing it thought about to keep the bad thoughts out at night and sleep easily. But if I go on playing now, I’d feel despised… as someone that shouldn’t be there, a persona non grata that sneaked into the party. It’s not a good feeling… I think that my illusion for this game broke inside me.

I never thought a game, a software program that isn’t alive, has no feelings or emotions and it’s supposed to be impartial, could hurt me on a personal level as, or even more, other persons have done in the past: You don’t fit in, you’re not worth it, get out here, you’re just not good enough to be around us.

Again: what did I do wrong, except pour my heart into it? What a spit in the face...

Except for my coop fellow mates, I’ll have to log in to tell them goodbye and tell them why. Don’t want them to think I left them hanging after just getting back to the gold league by little. Didn’t talk much, but helped each other a lot.

But I know what you did wrong: if you had explicitly said from the begging that emulators were not allowed, or even prevent the game from working on emulators in the first place, I wouldn't feel this way. But it worked perfectly fine for years! no warning of any kind we were doing something that we were not supposed or allowed to.

Lyzz (The unwanted, previously Old Trees Ville) [W59ZTG]

P.S.: And if there was some no-emulators clause on the Terms and Conditions, seriously, nobody reads that. It’s a commonly known issue that may have to change one day. Those are longer than some books, with legal terms and language that some don’t understand easily.

Yea this is completely stupid on their part. I have spent alot of $$$$ playing this game on blue stacks where the monies went to Plarix for the game. I play it on a 25" screen so i can see it since it is impossible to see it well on a little screen. They need to fix this issue or lose alot of monies if they dont.

I found a loophole to access the Store (using an Emulator). Click on an item [such as the 3rd boat at the harbor, if not already unlocked] which requires more population than currently attained. This allows access to build Houses, Factories, etc. However, keep in mind that it still does not sync up to the regular Android Smartphone. So, in essence, any progress synced to the Emulator before this shut-down is like having 2 versions of the same town. [As mentioned by others earlier, DO NOT uninstall then reinstall Township on the Emulator -- it will start as if a brand new player.]

I am really disappointed in this decision. I was an avid player til about a week ago when I got sick. I came back and couldn't use functions of the game. Waited - nothing changed and then found this thread as well as the closed thread Dreadnought referenced.

I found the game fun but difficult to play on my phone (which is a Samsung Galaxy 7s so its not tiny by any stretch). So, I decided to try an emulator. I've had SO much fun playing this game on my PC. Being able to see all the details that were built in - things that were way too small for me to see before. Details that the staff put so much effort into putting into the game - I saw the game in a whole new light!

Unfortunately, I did not enjoy playing on a phone and I don't have tablets. I do not plan on buying one either. So, now I cannot play. I'm really sorry its ended like this, I did make purchases on occasion since using the emulator as I was enjoying the game so much. I'm sure Playrix has its reasons, however its alienated me and possibly a lot of others.

If this policy changes in the future I'd love to know so I can rejoin playing again. I really hope it does.

Exclamation Found a way to Build in Bluestacks

Dear Game Developers... Not sure what you have against us but we just want to play the game... That is what you are supposed to enjoy doing... Making games for people to play...

PLEASE do not break this...

So, just so I understand what you have done.
    You let us play for years on Bluestacks, and let us spend mega bucks, then without warning, deleted us ans all our progress.

You should really be ashamed of yourself!

The least they could do is allow you to leave your coop!! Imagine what Tuesday is going to be like for everyone unaware. If you were set to race, when the changes were made regarding emulators, your coop will suffer due to no fault of their own. This is truly disappointing and I feel very sad and shocked they would abandon players and effect everyone else in the process! A warning would have been nice for everyone, even our friends lists will be effected

Hugs to Lyzz I can relate to your story

Quote Originally Posted by Joat Mon View Post

Dear Game Developers... Not sure what you have against us but we just want to play the game... That is what you are supposed to enjoy doing... Making games for people to play...

PLEASE do not break this...
    Quote Originally Posted by orgyville View Post
    I found a loophole to access the Store (using an Emulator). Click on an item [such as the 3rd boat at the harbor, if not already unlocked] which requires more population than currently attained. This allows access to build Houses, Factories, etc. However, keep in mind that it still does not sync up to the regular Android Smartphone. So, in essence, any progress synced to the Emulator before this shut-down is like having 2 versions of the same town. [As mentioned by others earlier, DO NOT uninstall then reinstall Township on the Emulator -- it will start as if a brand new player.]

Keeping thework arounds together for easier viewing
    Last edited by Bessville; 03-03-2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Rule #2

… and if I have uninstall and reinstall… all my game is lost… and we can do anything else ? (in BlueStacks)

I am very upset about this!!!!!!! I have spent money on this game and since y'all did this I have lost my purchases and other stuff on my town. I can't see this game that good on my phone and I do not enjoy playing it on my phone. I think you should reimburse me for the money that I lost out on because y'all decided to take it off the computer. Even if I log in on my phone through my Facebook , it will not catch up to where I am on the game.Y'all really need to fix this before you lose a lot of players and one of them may be me.