Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-hoppers left behind

Non-hoppers left behind

I've scoured a couple of lengthy threads about hopping, but didn't see a lot about this. If its been discussed, and someone can point me to the thread, thanks

My question is: what happens to the now smaller coop when half the group leaves to hop during IS

My coop had 13 during week 4 of the regatta. From what ive read, that locks us in on the number of task for IS (at least the start)

So 6 leave to hop, 7 are left to do IS and it seems like were doing the tasks for a coop of 13

We haven't quite reach our 3rd goal yet. our first goal was 19. our second was 44. our 3rd is 79

I'd appreciate any info on how the system works in determining the number of tasks.

I am new to TS, only level 30, but all in my coop are kind of shocked as to what happened.

Is there a way to "re-configure" the coop to only 7 members when this happens? Something like veryone leaves coop, except for one, and then rejoin, and now we're magically a coop of 7, instead of 13

Again, i'd appreciate any info

Dave
    Last edited by Djohn3853; 03-01-2019 at 12:53 AM.

You know what...

I'd love to give you answers, but it seems like no one is 100% sure, so, I'mll see if I can get some more information and come back to you.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    You know what...

I'd love to give you answers, but it seems like no one is 100% sure, so, I'mll see if I can get some more information and come back to you.
    Hi Nevada, and thanks for the honest answer. And that’s the frustrating part, no one seems to know exactly how this works. What I can update is that our 4th goal is 130! That’s a lot of tasks for the 7 of us. Any info you can find is appreciated and hopefully help with a strategy for the next IS

Well, it seems that many things are factored in to how many tasks are required for goals, most of which are unknown by anyone but the devs.

One of the factors is how many racing players have been in the co-op over the last several weeks, so, it is not just the last week that is taken into account.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I understand the frustration of co-ops that have a lot of people jump ship to hop during interseasonal. It's especially hard on a large coop. We are a small group and one of us hops all week and a few of us only for a day or two.
    About the only thing you can do is voice your concerns about half your people leaving and not being there to carry part of the load so the rest of the team who chooses not to hop isn't stuck with so many tasks
    Our serious hopper checks in later in the week to see how we are doing and comes back to help of we need her.
    All a matter of how your team works together or doesn't unfortunately.
    Would be nice if Playrix could change the way interseasonal tasks are allocated but I doubt they will.

Hi Djohn3853 and welcome to the Forum.

Perhaps everyone could stay in their home Co-op long enough doing only wooden and iron chests to collect the Co-op goal there first. That would be fair to those who do not want to hop. Then the hopping could start.

Kind regards,
    Cobalt

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Hi Djohn3853 and welcome to the Forum.

Perhaps everyone could stay in their home Co-op long enough doing only wooden and iron chests to collect the Co-op goal there first. That would be fair to those who do not want to hop. Then the hopping could start.

Kind regards,
    Cobalt
    Thanks Cobalt

As i said in the beginning, i'm a newbie to TS. I was under the impression that doing wooden and iron gave you lesser coop rewards. And since the hoppers are after rewards, they might be reluctant to do this.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn3853 View Post
    I was under the impression that doing wooden and iron gave you lesser coop rewards. And since the hoppers are after rewards, they might be reluctant to do this.

Dave
    Hi,

The co-op goals are achieved by completing a certain number of tasks, regardless in what chests they came from.

The chests are important only for personal goals, each member can individually collect up to 9 chests, and those are opened when the interseasonal week ends. You can only collect one set of 9 chests, not multiple ones, even if you switch co-ops. If you leave the co-op during that week, you lose the collected chests up to that point anyway.

So anyone interested in hopping, will not care about the chests, but the rewards from co-op goals, that can be easily achieved by doing a number of easy (usually from wooden/iron chests) tasks.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Dave,
    The co-op rewards are fixed at the start of the Interseasonal, so the hoppers staying to get the co-op goal would solve the help needed issue, and once they start hopping, they will get their hopping rewards. Hoppers aren't interested in completing chests, just completing tasks. The non-hoppers need to pick the better chests for their chest rewards. So Wooden and Iron for hoppers, and Gold and Precious for non-hoppers. That certainly could be one solutions. Thanks for starting this thread.

I agree with Cobalt that if your teammates would agree to start hopping later in the week it would help everyone. Personally I can only stand to hop for about two days before I get tired of waiting for invites and tying up ALL my free time in hopping. If those who hop would start later everyone would win.