Monumental Citys

There are a lot of monuments we can build in our towns.
    I love these monuments, because you can create fantastic layouts with these buildings. Many of them are integrated in my town Notre -Dame, Big Ben, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, l'arc de triomphe, the Burj Khalifa, the Taj Mahal and some more. But still there are some on my to do list, like the opera of Sydney, the sailing hotel....
    IMG_20190223_153439_288.jpg

IMG_20190223_153437_807.jpg

I've seen some fantastic monumental designs in other towns, but I would love to see more Did you build some of these in your town? Then please share some pics with us
    Towns:
    Summerville, Lvl 105, Android, #NEWFJ6
    Sunnyside , Lvl 65, iOS, #RPM9GN
    Sunshine Valley , Lvl 40, Kindle, #RPM9GN

SumSum, stunning way to blend monuments into city! Like it a lot!
    Off to see more of your town))

And tell me please, where do you hide the magic ball ? Because couple of days ago I've grown tired of fantasy decor of recent regattas and made a simple "Monument park" in my park area (can't post a pic right now, you can find it just behind the railway station)

While making this 'park' I've realized how little town deco we have now, sigh... Old benches, no regular street lights, and so on. Good thing we had cooking events with coffee bikes.
    Town Name: Horishni Plavni, #UKRQK6, Android
    Town Level: 114 - playing since march-2016
    Zoo Level: 45 - finished!

Wow Faye, that looks amazing
    If I hadn't given your town a like already, I would just do it right away.
    I always loved your different designs in your theme park area and your monumental layout is as awesome as the ones before
    I like the different national flags you added to the monuments.
    And the coffee bikes and the pizza truck are a real good addition.

Just like you, I often wished for streetlights (for example like the Halloween-streetlight only without flying ghosts or a bat on top) or other commonplace decorations. Maybe some day we will get something like that
    Towns:

I just loved Notre Dame & couldn't wait to get it. I have also put the Leaning Tower of Pisa & Eiffel Tower with it. Since then I have acquired the Castle & St Basils Cathedral.

I'm not very happy with my layout but have hit a brick wall regarding any inspiration in how to change it at the moment. Below is a picture of Notre Dame close up & another pic showing the bigger picture of my area. Hopefully I will get motivated with it from you guys

IMG_20190224_082535.jpg IMG_20190224_082458.jpg
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Why are you not happy with your layout Downton? I love it!
    I love the position of your monuments between the railway station and the harbor. If a visitor arrives at your town he immediately sees that impressive Skyline with all the Monuments, that makes you think WOW.
    And the combination of colours is great! The Castle & St Basils Cathedral surrounded by green grass and the Redwood trees, Notre Dame and the other Monuments combined with the grey pavement and the pink trees.
    I know you said you hope for some inspiration, but I'm afraid I can't help with it, I already love your current layout
    Towns:

Thanks SumSum, it's great to hear it looks good to vistors.

I think my biggest bugbear is the lifeguard building in front of it, but the lifeguards make sense near the yacht club so feel a bit stumped on how to arrange it. Also I wasn't sure if the two areas, st basils and Notre dame looked a bit disjointed, but from what you said I'm glad that isn't the case.

I guess we all get a little critical of our own towns. Reading how you describe it does make me think 'hey it's actually pretty darn good' lol

BTW Your monuments look awesome, I love the layouts. I did end up spending lots of gems on Thai Temple after seeing it in your town & it was worth it
    Last edited by Downton; 02-24-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Ah, now I see what bothers you Downton. To be honest, I did not really negatively notice the lifeguard. But I understand if you would prefer an unimpaired view on Notre Dame
    Did you already try to exchange the position of the lifeguard and the icebreaker?

I just visited your town to take a look at the Thai Temple. Your whole Asian area looks awesome. The Thai Temple is a wonderful addition. Also an area with impressive monuments I think
    Towns:

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    Did you already try to exchange the position of the lifeguard and the icebreaker?
    Do you know I feel a bit stupid now, I've just swapped them and it looks so much better. Thanks SumSum

IMG_20190224_181513.jpg

And thanks for compliment about my Asian area, I can always rely on a visit to your town to help give me ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ...I've just swapped them and it looks so much better. Thanks SumSum
    My pleasure :*
    I'm happy if you like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    And thanks for compliment about my Asian area, I can always rely on a visit to your town to help give me ideas
    I can tell the same about visits to your town
    Towns:

Some days ago I added the Basilius-Kathedrale to my town
    Screenshot_20190407-234130__01.jpg
    But the job isn't done yet...I still have some buildings on my list: the Empire state building, the Petronas towers, the sailing hotel, the Opera of Sydney...
    The problem is, that I'm running out of space at the moment. But I won't give up

ETA: Nearly forgot to mention, that the little castle found it's place at the new added land expansion
    Screenshot_20190407-235639__01.jpg
    Last edited by SumSum; 04-07-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Towns: