Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Restrict From Regatta" Feature

Junior Member Maggie Miller Williams's Avatar

"Restrict From Regatta" Feature

I imagine everyone has been in a situation where a player disappears without a word. Many times, these have been great players & team mates whom we genuinely like, and when they disappear we hesitate to kick them from the CoOp without giving them time to return if they can/will. In the meantime, we are still matched based on their status as participating in the race. Does using the "Restrict From Regatta" function prevent the missing player from being counted when the teams are matched up for the regatta? Thanks in advance for any information.
    Township Level:83
    Town: Maggie Valley
    CoOp: La Joya del Mar
    Friend Code: QWM927
    CoOp Tag: #CRSZ5D

Shine bright like a diamond!

Hi,

That's exactly the purpose of this function When they are restricted, they will be marked as not racing, until they come back and change their settings themselves.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Junior Member Maggie Miller Williams's Avatar
    Brilliant!! Thanks, Dreadnought!
    Township Level:83
    Town: Maggie Valley
    CoOp: La Joya del Mar
    Friend Code: QWM927
    CoOp Tag: #CRSZ5D

Shine bright like a diamond!

Hi! As leader of my CO, I don't use this option. After talking to our team, many expressed concern about anyone changing the settings in their town, and I respect that - they would 'prefer' a kick. I always check with members who may have been not active, or as active at the end of the current racing week to see if they will be participating the following wk.

If I do not hear from them and they are/have been a solid player, I kick them and alter the messg to reflect something like: Tried to contact you about racing with no reply! Pls rejoin when active again! (something of the sort abbreviated - You are able to replace the standard kick message with your own), along with our CO#...
    Last edited by happymonkie; 02-21-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code:The PooP DecK PuB / #EC52WU
    Town Name/Code: HappyMonkie / #23J4BZ
    Town Level: 69!

​"What goes around, comes around"

As a social, non competitive co-op we give 3 weeks of inactivity before kicking. I use the Restrict and also demote. Promotion deserves to be earned in my mind.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

Just wanted to add restricting once the race has started doesn't help. It is only useful if you do it before the start of the race. Once the regatta is underway it is the same as kicking a player, you are in the same race, just one player short. And if the player does come back mid race they cannot rejoin the race and help you out.

Want clarification on this. Have member who was restricted last co-op, by leader, I am Co-l. She is a helpful member, so not sure why that action. Member noticed she is still restricted status, and I cannot seem to change her back! Can she change her own?

She can change her own.

She needs to go to settings - additional settings, and make sure she is marked to participate.

This will not come in to effect until the next race begins, so she won’t be able to race this week.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

If you restrict someone during the Regatta who is not doing any tasks, does this prevent them from the rewards at the end of the week?

It does yes, it also prevents them doing any tasks to help out if they have been away from the game for a valid reason and they come back before Monday.

Restricting them mid race in this way would be seen purely as a punishment, it won't help your co-op with the race and may hinder you if this player becomes available again before the race end.