Thread: Accused of cheating with new update

Angry Accused of cheating with new update

Since the new update I can no longer communicate with my Co-op as I am "suspected of cheating". I'm not cheating and no one in our coop is cheating. Please resolve this error ASAP.

Hi Saucy -

This typically happens with new updates on my MacOS version. All you have to do is force quit and re-launch the game and that message goes away.

Township Gus
    MacOS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCG View Post
    Hi Saucy -

This typically happens with new updates on my MacOS version. All you have to do is force quit and re-launch the game and that message goes away.

Township Gus
    MacOS
    That really sounds intriguing! Never heard of this, being "suspected of cheating" usually means you have no access to your game anymore whatsoever, and have to try the best you can to get them look at your town and say "Oops, our bad" ... If not, you won't get your town back, ever.

So please tell us how you do that in detail? Force-quit and de-install/re-install (that's what you meant with re-launch, right?) won't do the trick.
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    That really sounds intriguing! Never heard of this, being "suspected of cheating" usually means you have no access to your game anymore whatsoever, and have to try the best you can to get them look at your town and say "Oops, our bad" ... If not, you won't get your town back, ever.

So please tell us how you do that in detail? Force-quit and de-install/re-install (that's what you meant with re-launch, right?) won't do the trick.
    On iMac there now seems to be a group of players that are unable to join a coop because of suspected unfair play but are free to play the game alone.
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post

Nope, at least not with this issue. What happens is, when you install the update and try to go to your CO-OP chat, it says you can't see the chat because you are suspected of cheating. You can play the rest of the game.

However, if you just force quit the game and re-launch the game, it goes away and the chat comes back. I do not mean re-install the game. Just re-start it after using force quit. This applies to the MacOS version of the game.

Township Gus
    MacOS User
    Last edited by JoeCG; 02-20-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    On iMac there now seems to be a group of players that are unable to join a coop because of suspected unfair play but are free to play the game alone.
    Talpa,

We also have someone trying to join our CO-OP multiple times and even though we accept them, the person never shows up in the CO-OP list. So weird.

Township Gus
    MacOS User