Thread: Regatta point system

Regatta point system

Ok so this regatta I was there the second it began and I started off with three fast and easy 135 tasks. After I completed them I noticed the other players had 10 points more than I. I had 405 points and they had 415. How is that possible when there aren’t tasks over 135 and no tasks under 20 points how did they end up with a ten point lead? I don’t think it’s anything fishy I just want to understand how the point system works.

Thank you

Mesa az
    Wow yeah that's strange! I would like to know also. Good question I think I will pay attention more.

It is possible that 4 players each completed lower value tasks adding up to 415 points.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

yes, how many others, Alina, in how many Coops?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    It is possible that 4 players each completed lower value tasks adding up to 415 points.
    Hmm. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    yes, how many others, Alina, in how many Coops?

We have 23 of 30 in our coop. I didn’t check the players details, there were only three of us on the board. It was really quick, I had HOL, 25 dynamite both at 135 and then mine ore for 135 and that took maybe 5min. Can someone really do four is such a short period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Alina Winterberry View Post
    We have 23 of 30 in our coop. I didn’t check the players details, there were only three of us on the board. It was really quick, I had HOL, 25 dynamite both at 135 and then mine ore for 135 and that took maybe 5min. Can someone really do four is such a short period of time?
    Yes, sure: every prepared factory or island task will be faster even than your fast mine tasks, as it means just unloading. Not counting crop tasks, cos I am not sure there are reliable lists for how many are needed.

And if/as there are 23 racers in the other Coop(s), Snowy's calculation could happen. I wanted to make sure we are not talking of solo Coops.

WHY anyone would do this - waste 135-material on lower tasks - is another matter. Maybe they wanted to discourage (or confuse *g*) the racers in other Coops.

Not every team does all 135 tasks, if they are a large co-op it is more likely they have lower targets and it is just 4 different people taking quick easy low point tasks. Have you looked at the co-op description for the team? It may say there what their targets are.

Another thing that could have happened here is someone took a lower point task by mistake. Often people get going too fast and grab a 125 or 133 point task by mistake. It has happened several times in my co-op.
    Last week 3 of the top 4 teams in the race did it. So slower teams were able to glide past all of us pretty easily.
    I make the guilty party clean the barnacles off the boat.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017