Thread: System Messages

System Messages

Sorry if this has already been asked - I can't believe it hasn't, if it hasn't. But my searching has not been able to find the answer to this question....

Is there a way to suppress the System messages that seem to appear 2 or 3 times a day? The ones that say things like "Thank you for not sharing your private information (email, physical address, phone number, passwords, etc.) with anyone. That helps make sure it's safe.

It drives me crazy when that stupid message shows up 2 or 3 times a day. Even once a day is one time too many. I get it - don't share personal information. Do you really need to remind us every day?

Thanks for letting me rant and for anyone who can tell me how to stop these messages!

Unfortunately, there's no way to opt out of it. It may seem one too many but I don't think being cautious can be too much. Just check and then ignore it
    Town Name: HelpALot
    Started Playing: 17 Aug 2017
    Platform: Android
    Timezone: GMT+8

Join our co-op

Co-op name: Happy Sails
    Co-op Tag: #HPS4PE

I try to not be addicted to this game, but so far, it's a futile effort.

I believe it comes up every time you re-enter the game; it's their greeting, and yes, I assume they do have reasons for doing it, and for not making it optional, one of them being probably legal obligations about information and warnings (so, against possible future complaints/reproaches).
    As far as I see it vanishes once you do/say anything in the Coop Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I believe it comes up every time you re-enter the game; it's their greeting, and yes, I assume they do have reasons for doing it, and for not making it optional, one of them being probably legal obligations about information and warnings (so, against possible future complaints/reproaches).
    As far as I see it vanishes once you do/say anything in the Coop Chat.
    It's just so annoying. I play [another game] regularly and their chat feature does not pop up warnings like this. I'm sure there is a lawyer involved in the decision to publish this message all the time, but it sure gets old.

I guess we should request this as a feature in the next update?
    Last edited by dreadnought; 02-19-2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: rule #12

Quote Originally Posted by Gaines Township View Post
    It's just so annoying. I play [another game] regularly and their chat feature does not pop up warnings like this. I'm sure there is a lawyer involved in the decision to publish this message all the time, but it sure gets old.

I guess we should request this as a feature in the next update?
    "we" won't, as I have understanding for such things, and so it doesn't annoy me so much as you, mainly cos I can make it vanish so fast, I guess. That's why I mentioned how, to help you help yourself, cos I believe Playrix will not change it. They probably can't, or shouldn't, or whatever the right expression is, with all the countries their games are played in.
    And did you maybe see the many posts here that report ads inappropriate for children..?
    just think of children playing these games and you get that they are protecting them and themselves.
    They can't make it a choice to see it or not.

just cos other games don't have it... maybe they were well advised the other way round: if the others added it.

Mesa az
    Actually I agree I like the fact that the game wants to protect ppl, there is enough of people more so kids who play games makes friends and wanna share there info.
    And when that happens 90% of the time bad things do happen.
    It is just the world we live in and I am being completely honest.

I know that message exists so I obviously do notice it on some level, but I'm at least as irritable as the average person (stop laughing) and it hasn't ever bothered me even slightly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have often wondered if those messages even effect anything. I will admit, I have ignored them and shared my email with co-op members (of course, they were in my co-op at that time for nearly 2 years) in the chat and had no issue (though felt a bit guilty when it thanked me later for not doing what I just did lol).
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV