Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: All about “Hopping”

I've never hopped. I didn't realize this was a whole subculture in Township. lol But clearly, it is. The only thing I've done is "jump" very briefly to a co-op in gold league in order to buy the gold league decoration when my own co-op was in silver. Then I go back to my own co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Britb86 View Post
    I'm super interested in hopping I'm super fast at tasks and think this would be perfect but sounds cunfusing
    If you read through this thread it explains hopping really well, after that if you have specific questions or bits you don't understand this would be the place to ask those questions, but the basics are already covered in the first couple of posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    The rewards apparently decrease significantly after a player has claimed them more than a few times. So coop-hopping is now less profitable than before.
    If this is being done deliberately to discourage hopping can we hope that personal chest rewards have been increased to reward players who are playing the game the way the developers obviously want us to?

Quote Originally Posted by newgamedude View Post
    The change to the interseasonal rewards for hoppers is unacceptable. Either outlaw the process in he terms of service or leave the process as is. I simply cannot believe a developer would discourage its customers from playing their game more. The rewards change will cause players to stop playing as much if not entirely.
    I have to say I agree with this. We do a sort of hop solely within my co-op, I go off and start a co-op do the first 11 tasks on my own, once the 11th task is started I then invite those from my co-op who want to 'hop'. I will wait up to one hour after the invites have gone out to see who makes it in on time. After the hour or when everyone is in, then we will take tasks to finish the team goals. That hour is now taken up by having to constantly kick and resend invites because of rubbish prizes, if there is a booster it seems to toggle between favourable voyage (which is a waste of a booster slot in my opinion) and active cooperation - which I won't use on principle because I think it is unfair to my team to ask for larger quantities of items. Ingots are always singular as are gems (and always rubies) and load tokens and Tcash is generally limited to 2 or 3.

I always do the first 11 tasks and if I am really lucky I can get through 18 co-ops in the week (3 per day) not the industrial scale that other hoppers do but perfectly acceptable to us. However, I am beginning to question whether it is worth it to carry on with it when the rewards are so paltry. Because it is always me opening up the co-ops I do regularly have to spend Tcash to complete the tasks in time, and generally speaking I make very little from our hop but my teammates do get net rewards which I am happy with. But going forwards I am beginning to question whether it really is worth all the hard work, which is sad because I've always enjoyed doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    If this is being done deliberately to discourage hopping can we hope that personal chest rewards have been increased to reward players who are playing the game the way the developers obviously want us to?
    lol We can hope, I guess, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've never been impressed with the rewards from the inter-seasonal regattas. The last thing I need is 3 more slabs of concrete or 1 more topaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You might try taking a leaf out of hopper's books, Lala - leave your coop and return multiple times until you get a selection you prefer. They'll change each time you do.
    Can’t even do that anymore.... new penalties in beta... they have essentially killed hopping altogether. This is the most fun week to play... not even about the rewards. More the social interaction and new friends. Disappointed in playrix for these new time restrictions

Just heard hopping is about to change. Why cant you just leave a good fun thing alone. If its not broken why fix it. I’m in a fixed income and I use this game for friends, and to keep dementia and my MS at bay. Please let us continue our fun. Thank you for your time.

I doubt they will change the update 😡😡😠Playrix will be losing money coz nobody will be spending real cash to get tcash when they can get it for free by hopping. I know there are other ways to get tcash ingame but it seems like I don't get as much as did a few months ago.😢😢😢 I hope someone can find a loophole so we can continue hopping 😘😘😘😘

My question is did hoppers really think this was going to be allowed forever?

Yes we all know Anna said hopping wasn't against the rules or cheating, but I believe it was obvious from the start that Playrix wouldn't be too happy about this new way for players to exploit a loophole and get extra rewards without paying for them.

Thing is maybe if hoppers had kept a little quieter about it all and not spent so much time on here and even more on FB bragging about all their free stuff and encouraging other people to hop it may have been allowed to continue a little longer. But seriously did hoppers really think they could continually talk about the many benefits of hopping without forcing Playrix's hand on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jen VS View Post
    Can’t even do that anymore.... new penalties in beta... they have essentially killed hopping altogether. This is the most fun week to play... not even about the rewards. More the social interaction and new friends. Disappointed in playrix for these new time restrictions
    The advice still stands, though, even if the beta test changes do make it to a release version. It'll still be possible to try for different rewards to some extent, supposing we're willing to pay whatever time penalty applies.