Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All about “Hopping”

Last interseasonal we all left but 3. Our task count did not change. It was as high as when we all stayed. As near as we can tell, how many tasks you get in interseasonal is dependent on how many racers participated the week before. Opting out before IS does nothing to decrease task count. Restricting will not reduce task count but will keep others from participating. And having everyone leave before race start will not work either.

If you create a new group before IS starts and everyone joins, your task count will be higher too. If you create a new group and wait to invite after IS starts, you will have the lower count.

If you all leave your home co-op, it will cease to exist. Someone has to stay to keep it alive. Having a second town on another device is very handy as a placeholder.

Thanks for that Penguin Joy. Was kind of realising now this is how it works.

So in previous interseasonal because we thought co-op goals were set by co-op size during Interseasonal people who wanted a week off have left the co-op for the week...this is it seems...totally unnecessary.

Sorry this does seem to have moved off the topic of hopping, but I guess it is related as hoppers leaving their co-op for the week do effect anyone left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Thanks for that Penguin Joy. Was kind of realising now this is how it works.

So in previous interseasonal because we thought co-op goals were set by co-op size during Interseasonal people who wanted a week off have left the co-op for the week...this is it seems...totally unnecessary.
    Yes, they might as well stay and collect rewards. If someone wants to change their rewards, they can leave and be invited back. Their rewards will change each time. Hoppers use this to pick the rewards they want but your group can do it to. It is best to swap rewards before you collect chests because once you leave, you lose your chests and start over. The completed task count will not change but completed chests will be lost for the player who leaves.

Thanks for the hopping info, pretty confused at mo...to clarify though, a solo co-op couldn't hop as i'd immediately lose my status?

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Thanks for the hopping info, pretty confused at mo...to clarify though, a solo co-op couldn't hop as i'd immediately lose my status?
    This is correct, this is where setting up a baby town can come in useful, you can put a baby town in your co-op as a placeholder while your main town goes off and hops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    This is correct, this is where setting up a baby town can come in useful, you can put a baby town in your co-op as a placeholder while your main town goes off and hops.
    but that's not easy on the same device (and not recommended by Playrix, IIRC), and with 2 devices, one must be careful in the setup, too.
    I'd find it easier probably to find and ask a friend (f.e. also someone from here) to babysit the solo coop, IF it has a status that is worth keeping.

I have a question about the inviting - as someone who has only the 50 ingame friends. No Facebook, no other outside prog.

I have read what you wrote, Nevada, about the Host or friends being made Elders inviting ppl - but everyone who invites must be friends with the invited ppl. So - no worries, I wouldn't start with it like that, but for understanding and future ideas - if I were to host a Hoppers coop, what would be a suggested way to start, i.e. to invite hoppers without giving up all or most of my friends (who mostly aren't hoppers)?

Also as invited hopper myself, I'd need hoppers on my friends list to GET invites.
    Any idea?

Also, isn't it easier when I just wait for invites? You said somewhere (I believe), one should take on both roles. But no-one can or will control it, right? (that's also just a question for understanding it, both "rules"/agreements and the reality of doing it)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    but that's not easy on the same device (and not recommended by Playrix, IIRC), and with 2 devices, one must be careful in the setup, too.
    I'd find it easier probably to find and ask a friend (f.e. also someone from here) to babysit the solo coop, IF it has a status that is worth keeping.
    I am lucky enough to have convinced my spouse to install the game and once he has reached level 19 he will be made leader while I try to have some extra fun.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    I am lucky enough to have convinced my spouse to install the game and once he has reached level 19 he will be made leader while I try to have some extra fun.
    LOL, good idea - but wait till he finds the fun in it and REALLY wants to play himself...

and btw, you still must be careful with any family connections via ...I forgot the name of the external application; someone used the same xxx account on the second device and lost her game... sorry, will try to find the thread and post a link; I just can't summarize things

ETA: Found it, it's here and included some procedural error (solution unknown, but made Nevada describe to leave your fingers off the "delete data" button), but just be careful, if you recognize anything in it for your family's setup:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1379845
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-23-2019 at 09:29 AM.

ETA: Found it, it's here and included some procedural error (solution unknown, but made Nevada describe to leave your fingers off the "delete data" button), but just be careful, if you recognize anything in it for your family's setup:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1379845[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the warning though I do think we will be safe. At no time during our 20plus years of internet fun have we shared data. The only thing we do share is our NBN, so same IP address, too many electronic devices in the household.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4