Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All about “Hopping”

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post

So if I understand what you are saying Nevada and Bess, if we kicked everyone out Monday night, started interseasonal with one player, then invited everyone back would this lower our first goal? Or would the goal be based on the fact we had 24 racers active in the regatta this week? Does that make sense?
    The way you’ve worded your question makes sense, yes. The answer? Maybe not so much...
    My understanding, (which admittedly could be wrong as it’s not something I’ve personally come across), is that your numbers may be affected in this instance, but I have no idea to what extent. As it’s an already-established co-op, the task count is immediately affected.
    I can’t really give you more than that right now, but if I come across any further info I’ll pass it on.

Also if say six of us left, set up a new co-op for this week only and only one person was in the new co-op at the start of the regatta, then nobody else took tasks until goal five was set, would this mean our goals would be based on a one person team?
    And this is exactly what hopping is. Perhaps just a lesser degree, and I know there are co-ops out there that hop just amongst themselves.
    Say you have 24 people, all active, in your co-op. One of you would have a second town, any level over 19 you could put in your main co-op just to hold that co-op off.

Say you, Ash, left, and created a co-op. You invite all 23 other people into your co-op. As long as NO ONE takes a task EXCEPT you, your goals will be
    1 - 2 tasks.
    2 - 4 tasks.
    3 - 7 tasks.
    4 - 11 tasks.
    5 - 17 tasks.

The reason in hopping you wait to invite people in at 10.5 tasks complete is because it needs to be fast. A five-minute wait to complete a hop is too long. You’re missing too many invites.

Arranging it just between yourselves though, you could invite everyone in, do your 11 tasks, then between them they do the last 6.
    Once y’all collect your rewards, the next person starts their co-op, does the same.
    You only need four people to do a co-op a day from your group of 24 to collect 24 full sets of co-op rewards in the week.
    And remember, you’re only doing wooden (or other if they drop) easy tasks. Instant tasks.
    If you wanted, you could remain in the final co-op and do your nine personal chests, then once IS is over, go back to your normal co-op and carry on as usual. Or go back to your normal co-op on Sunday and do your personal chests there and still pick up some extra co-op goals (how many I don’t know).

As long as one person only takes the first 11 tasks, you’re all set for 17 tasks total to final goal, if it’s a brand new co-op.

I hope something there helps... :/

It’s truly a whole lot more difficult to explain than it is to do.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”It’s been a long December and there’s reason to believe,
    Maybe this year will be better than the last”

Ashdust, it is confusing because Playrix haven't said how it actually works so no-one really knows. But it seems (I might be totally wrong here) that in interseasonal week the co-op goals are set according to the number of players who were marked as racing in the last week of the previous seasonal regatta. So for example in a team of 20, where 15 members raced the previous week and 5 were opted out, in interseasonal your first co-op goals will be those for a team of 15.

In that case 15 players can take tasks in interseasonal and the co-op goals won't change. It doesn't have to be the same 15 who raced the previous week, it can include the 5 who were opted out or new members, but the minute a 16th player takes a task, when the next co-op goal is reached the one after that will increase to that of a team of 16. The only time this doesn't apply is after goal 4 has been reached. After goal 4 all 20 players can do tasks without changing the number needed.

In a team of 20, where everyone was opted in the previous week, if 6 players left, the original team's goals would remain those of a team of 20. One player should create a co-op and be there alone at the start of the regatta. The 4th co-op goal will be 11 tasks and the 5th will be 17. The other 5 players can then join the co-op. They can dump chests but they mustn't take a task. One player completes 11 tasks and all 6 will get all the rewards. After the fourth goal is reached everyone can join in and do tasks 12-17. Then you all leave and repeat the process. This is basically what happens during "hopping", but with much larger numbers of people.

If 6 people want to try it and create one co-op each, you will get six lots of the co-op goal prizes which are much better than the chest prizes. You could also go back to your original co-op at the end of the week and help the members who stayed with their co-op goals and individual chests.

I think that's the way it works, but as I said, Playrix haven't clarified, so no-one is certain.
    Last edited by JJay; 02-20-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Nevada and JJay, this makes a lot more sense now...

Think I have the general idea...

So basically this week we have 24 racing, our interseasonal goals should be based on that, but should increase if a 25th person takes a task.

If I go and start a new co-op by myself, the goals will be based on one person, I can then invite as many people as I want and as long as they don't take a task until goal 5 is set they all get all the rewards and we should only have to do 17 in total.

Sounds like fun. My only worry is I may get addicted and end up working harder in Interseasonal week than the normal regatta.

Thank you for your replies.

We will try something new this interseasonal and let you know the outcome.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

Removed my reply since we're all just saying the same thing but slightly differently, so as not to add to any confusion

I'm the only one opted into racing in my coop this week. I wonder if our coop goals will be 17 next week? I feel like they ought to be, but I can't quite believe it, lol

Bess, could you let us know once you see what they are? That would be really interesting.

Thanks Nevada and JJay, this makes a lot more sense now...

Think I have the general idea...

So basically this week we have 24 racing, our interseasonal goals should be based on that, but should increase if a 25th person takes a task.

If I go and start a new co-op by myself, the goals will be based on one person, I can then invite as many people as I want and as long as they don't take a task until goal 5 is set they all get all the rewards and we should only have to do 17 in total.

Sounds like fun. My only worry is I may get addicted and end up working harder in Interseasonal week than the normal regatta.
    That's the way it seems to work to me but please don't shoot me if I'm wrong....!

It can definitely be addictive, and "professional" hoppers certainly do work harder in interseasonal week than in normal regattas, but to do it just among a group of friends is quite relaxing - you just sit back and chat whilst one person does 11 tasks. Until it's your turn of course

Bess, could you let us know once you see what they are? That would be really interesting.
    Sure, of course.

If I’ve got this right...

This should be a screen record of the first time I hosted my own hop co-op.

As you can see right at the beginning of the video, I have just typed “GO GO GO” in chat, for others to start taking tasks.

At 36 seconds, you see the task count change to 17/17, and the reward notification pop up over the regatta dock to show the final goal has been reached.

That’s how quickly you want a hop to be, because then people can move on to other invitations.

IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”It’s been a long December and there’s reason to believe,
    Maybe this year will be better than the last”

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    I may be very stupid to ask this but how can you have a "baby town" ? I don't see how you can have two towns on the same platform at the same time.
    Some tablets actually have the facility for multiple user and guest accounts, which work in exactly the same way as multiple users on a pc or mac. This allows multiple towns to be played on the one device, whether that be for each person in a household, or, for 1 person with two towns. Each user can only see and access their own apps relating to their account and they can also be password protected.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT