Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: All about “Hopping”

I hope I’m posting in the right spot. I would like to hop. How do I get invited to hop’s?

I sent you a friend request. Will be a nice introduction to hopping, most only second time but a few of us have more experience.
    We tend to be employed members, so it won't be nonstop like some hops.

I would also like to experience hopping for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie Park View Post
    I sent you a friend request. Will be a nice introduction to hopping, most only second time but a few of us have more experience.
    My town name is Port City, code is 5XQMVV

Quote Originally Posted by Annestown View Post
    I agree that laying blame is pointless, but I will say that had interseasonal not been So. Incredibly. BORING. I wouldn’t have bothered trying hopping....
    I hate interseasonal. I don't remember what we did during the between seasons week before, but doing nothing would be better than it is the way it is currently designed.

I agree having a board full of partially completed chests is problematic, even for fairly small coops like mine. Then you have the schizophrenic goals of total tasks vs chests. Honestly, I'd rather see them dump the whole thing and come up with something else. Maybe we could do a one week version of Vern's lab experiments instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen Rowe View Post
    Just heard hopping is about to change. Why cant you just leave a good fun thing alone. If its not broken why fix it.
    I think from their POV, it is broken. They never intended hopping to be part of this game. They support this game from money we spend, mostly from buying tcash. It is totally predictable and reasonable for them to decide the event as currently structured makes it possible for players to earn far too much free tcash. I can't believe anyone is surprised they are doing something to limit that. I'm only surprised it has taken this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I think from their POV, it is broken. They never intended hopping to be part of this game. ...
    While you're probably right in your assumption, the post you are replying to is from May and I don't think the changes from that beta made it into the game. In any case, ppl are obviously still hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie Park View Post
    Hi Bertie Park, I'm also interested in hopping and I've hosted a couple standard hops successfully. But I don't have enough hopper friends to get the invites flowing. Could you introduce me to some hoppers? I'm on fb, Arctic Fox Hopper. Thank you!!

Hopping

How can I get into hopping? I’ve been reading up on it for quite some time now & ready to take the plunge but not sure how to go about getting invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie8858 View Post
    How can I get into hopping? I’ve been reading up on it for quite some time now & ready to take the plunge but not sure how to go about getting invites.
    Hi. The easiest way is to join a Facebook hoppers group. Just type Township hoppers/hopping or whatever into search and you should find quite a few. But beware, there are now so many groups out there - some are very experienced and others have no idea what they're doing, and some are very friendly and helpful, and others are....well...exactly the opposite!! My advice would be to join as many as you can, and when interseasonal regatta comes around pick one group that you want to play with and stick with them.

If you don't "do" Facebook, you could create your own co-op, do 10 tasks, start the 11th, prep your board for guests, and then invite anyone on your friends list who has "hopper" in their name, a $ sign, or an avatar with a hopping frame, promote them and ask them to help you invite. If all goes well hopefully they will invite you back. This way would be slower but you could build up a network of hopping friends over a couple of months.

Good luck

Light of the World~Emily
    Looking to start hopping on the PC platform. Experienced racer. Please contact via PM. Hoping to see you on the interseasonal!