Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: All about “Hopping”

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    My question is did hoppers really think this was going to be allowed forever?

Yes we all know Anna said hopping wasn't against the rules or cheating, but I believe it was obvious from the start that Playrix wouldn't be too happy about this new way for players to exploit a loophole and get extra rewards without paying for them.

Thing is maybe if hoppers had kept a little quieter about it all and not spent so much time on here and even more on FB bragging about all their free stuff and encouraging other people to hop it may have been allowed to continue a little longer. But seriously did hoppers really think they could continually talk about the many benefits of hopping without forcing Playrix's hand on this?
    I see no mileage in talking about where to lay blame at all, especially when you say the outcome was obvious to you from the start anyway. I don't personally believe the limited discussion here has anything to do with anything. Elsewhere.. who can say? Not us players, that's for sure. There's more potentially productive conversations to be had on this subject, anyway.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Sorry Bess, not really laying blame, or at least that wasn't my intention.

Just making a point that people are very naive if they really thought Playrix would let this go on indefinitely. Especially with the amount of chat about it all over social media.

I agree that laying blame is pointless, but I will say that had interseasonal not been So. Incredibly. BORING. I wouldn’t have bothered trying hopping.

If they do move forward releasing the beta that eliminates hopping, I hope they’ll also improve interseasonal. In normal races when a task is started it goes off the board, in interseasonal even with all three tasks selected it stays until they are all finished. With a long task like trains or planes in nearly every chest, it clogs up the board so badly that I have trouble finding any available task at all in a 30 person coop. Hopping let me ACTUALLY race and do tasks, as well as creating new friends, and made me one less person vying for an open task on the board at my home coop.

I also buy some Tcash when a 1 hour sale is offered to me, and stopping hopping won’t encourage me to buy more- I’ll just use fewer boosters as I always do when I’m where I feel is “low” on gems for me. I have never bought gems with Tcash and never will- I’d rather use it for other things.

Developers, if you are set on eliminating a feature that makes this game unique, at least make the regular interseasonal playable for large coops. Move chests that are fully selected (but not completed) to a separate in progress board below like how we can see what tasks members are working on during regular races so that we can actually have tasks available.

Quote Originally Posted by Annestown View Post
    …… I hope they’ll also improve interseasonal. In normal races when a task is started it goes off the board, in interseasonal even with all three tasks selected it stays until they are all finished. With a long task like trains or planes in nearly every chest, it clogs up the board so badly that I have trouble finding any available task at all in a 30 person coop...….
    I understand that leaving the chest on the board prevents more chests / tasks from being available. However, the way these chests work is that a person doing a task can actually dump it mid-task and it will revert to being available for another player. Unlike "failing" (timing out) a task in a chest, there is no ill affect on the others having tasks in that chest. If you removed it from the board then you face the problem of finding a slot for putting it back should someone dump their in-progress task. Either that or make dumping a task kill the chest for everyone in it. Neither keeping the task on the board nor having everyone in it lose the chest are optimal solutions but they picked one.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I understand that leaving the chest on the board prevents more chests / tasks from being available. However, the way these chests work is that a person doing a task can actually dump it mid-task and it will revert to being available for another player. Unlike "failing" (timing out) a task in a chest, there is no ill affect on the others having tasks in that chest. If you removed it from the board then you face the problem of finding a slot for putting it back should someone dump their in-progress task. Either that or make dumping a task kill the chest for everyone in it. Neither keeping the task on the board nor having everyone in it lose the chest are optimal solutions but they picked one.
    If a task times out (rather than being put back for others by dumping it with the blue trash can) it indeed fails the chest for all three- I’ve had it happen, so the advantage of the choice they made is actually more limited than you stated. Regardless, the impact as far as pace is the same- it is very difficult to find a chest with an available task since almost every chest has a long one (changing that would be another solution- grouping trains and planes and silk in a chest, HOL and mining and carrots in another would get the second type off the board to make room for more, but that’s not how they’ve set it up)- and as an active player on an active team it’s extremely frustrating. Having 12 slow tasks in progress while 18 people twiddle their thumbs is just asinine. Hopping was legit a way to feel like I was playing instead of just waiting around, during regular races I may not always (or even often) have a desirable task available, but there’s always one to take and keep the board moving for others. If they want to discourage hopping, that’s their choice, I’m simply saying that it may merit consideration as to why so many people were looking for something else to do during that week- and suggesting they make improvements to it if they want us spending our money their games instead of non-playrix ones.

I was wondering how you get an invite to hop in really fast at tasks. And in regatta I always finish to fast so hopping sounds fun but sounds horribly confusing I'm also a leader so does that matter?

I am new to Township, started in mid-May. I just left my co-op and joined a new one only to discover there was things about co-ops I didn't know. Add to that just learning there is hopping and trying to understand it all is overwhelming. I think I would get a better handle on the whole hopping if there as a video showing how this happens/what goes on. Is there one by any chance??? I have played in the regattas and so understand the importance of prepping for my next task where possible, but when hopping how does one do this? When the host says start, how do you know which task to pick? Do you prep for a specific task and hope no one takes it? (This is an issue for me at the moment because I cannot reserve tasks with the group I am in, while others can) I guess I am just either a bit obtuse or need more help.....lol....I guess for me the hops are out at this point though I would sure like to understand better so that I could give it a whirl.

I’m looking for members to join/share my co-op for hopping and if you like to trade hopping invites.

I’m using discord for communication but if you like we can use smth else that you guys are used on using say Skype or a fb grp/messenger.

But it would be best if you have a discord account, we can either take wooden iron chests or for those that want better rewards gold+.

My co-op name is darnassus and my name is $$$Yggdrasil$$$ and we are a fairly new co-op made by me and we are currently at gold.

As for me I’m playing for a year+ give or take and quite experienced in township, I’ve lately studied the interseasonal regatta hopping.

I have just finished 9 chests in my coop. If I hop out and then come back to my original coop in later in the week, will I lose all of those chests?

Quote Originally Posted by Goondawindi View Post
    I have just finished 9 chests in my coop. If I hop out and then come back to my original coop in later in the week, will I lose all of those chests?
    Yes, the chests are opened at the end of the race, and if you leave now and return, you'd have to earn new chests if you want the rewards.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES