Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All about “Hopping”

First time posting on the Forum so hope I do it right.

After being nagged/cajoled/encouraged by hopping co-op mates and reading both Nevada's How To here and a few bits and pieces out there on net, decided to give it a try.
    Verdict : by midweek I was ready to throw the hopping towel in and return to standard interseasonal. Despite hosting AND finding some lovely people who invited me along whenever they could, I just wasn't getting enough invites to warrant the workload of hosting.
    I found the disconcertingly fast pace of the hops bewildering and stressful. Kept taking a task to help only to find that by the time I finished it, the task counter was at 19/17 and everyone had left. I just was not fast enough. (Am not nor ever will be in the glb ;-) .
    I went to bed tired and grumpy . Woke to a gazillion missed invites. Was told how to see who had sent them. (It is in the instructions here but hadn't sunk in ) - built a host hop and returned the invites and no-one came, for ages. Those that did left again after a few minutes. Established hoppers do not hang about, too many coops to visit,tasks to do and rewards to collect. Those peeps who invited me while I was asleep were by then, you've guessed it, asleep.
    Then something.clicked. I stopped worrying so much about "wasting" a task and concentrated on finding a task I could do FAST but only AFTER the host said go. I started getting invites when I was awake and was even able to "pull" those who had been towing me along in their wake. I now have enough platinum ingots to start a stock exchange and enough load tokens to last the average player a month of Sundays.
    It is possible to hop with neither a baby account or FB but reliant on the kindness of strangers. Thankfully most Township players ARE kind. If you don't manage to do most or all available tasks during regular regatta then hopping may not be your cup of tea. It IS hard work but very much worth it. Watching a couple of combi and full hops has really helped me learn how to do tasks faster. Am very grateful to a multitude of players who were extraordinarily patient with a newbie. Have had a lot of fun and can't wait for next time.
    Top tip. Never take a task until the host says to. Accept that you'll feel lost at first. Don't take not getting many invites at first personally as it's not easy for your friends to pull you along, be patient and have fun :-D

Thx for your post Jay, it's come through fine btw...sounds quite testing but defo inspiring ...

Glad you ended up with a good hopping experience JayS. I enjoy hopping a little but I also like getting the chests. Something about opening a present I guess. I will never be an extreme hopper because I can't devote the necessary time to it, and I feel guilty leaving my co-op for a whole week to try and finish with fewer people.
    But even only hopping for a few days is fun and the fast pace is exciting. I only hosted one hop and it didn't go well, someone got me confused and I said Go to soon so we ended up with more tasks. But everyone was so nice and stayed to complete the extra tasks. I also gained a couple good helper friends from the experience.
    I will probably try hosting again now that I've had more experience.
    Everyone can find their own comfort zone with hopping and have fun with it I think.
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Updated first two posts with additional info.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Hello. I have been reading a lot of the forum for tips. I’m a level 71 player.

So how does one find hopper friends to add? Is there a thread somewhere? I really just want to watch one of these in action before I jump all in. Honestly it sounds kind of fun.

- Buchingerville

Quote Originally Posted by Buchingerville View Post
    Hello. I have been reading a lot of the forum for tips. I’m a level 71 player.

So how does one find hopper friends to add? Is there a thread somewhere? I really just want to watch one of these in action before I jump all in. Honestly it sounds kind of fun.

- Buchingerville
    Hi there and thanks for your interest

My first question would be do you have FB? Hopping is absolutely possible without, but it’s easier to add friends from there.

If not, post your friend code here and we’ll start getting you on some peoples friend lists.

It is a lot of fun. I would recommend reading the post just above by JayS, who is a non-FB user and hopped for the first time last hop week.

If you have additional questions please do post them
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Hi there and thanks for your interest

My first question would be do you have FB? Hopping is absolutely possible without, but it’s easier to add friends from there.

If not, post your friend code here and we’ll start getting you on some peoples friend lists.

It is a lot of fun. I would recommend reading the post just above by JayS, who is a non-FB user and hopped for the first time last hop week.

If you have additional questions please do post them
    Hi Nevada! I actually don’t have Facebook so I am glad you said something

My friend code is: GMUMMQ

- Buchingerville

Nevada... I am also interested in hopping but not sure how to go about getting started or added to a list.

My friend code is: M7HPUQ
    TOWN NAME: Laurie’s Land
    CO-OP: Seas The Moment
    CO-OP TAG: #SE6HJM

”Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake."
    People can make anything "appear" to be a certain way. Always be happy with what YOU have! The alternative is never better!

Hi! I’m going to try this and plan to host one, doing the 10 tasks and then inviting during my sons nap so my attention is dedicated. If there is a FB group I should join please PM me. My friend code is HVVCFC.

Laurie I sent you a friend request! If you want to spy one out before you hop in, let me know and I can invite you!