Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Private chat for Leader / Coleaders

Leaders should have access to members dumping tasks or stealing reservations. Kind of annoying to try to pinpoint who did it when theres no way to prove it

The link(chat between leaders and co-leaders) shows that this is already going on on Line or other services, so I ask you then; what exactly IS the point of having friends or an inbox? Promoting community? Hardly. You can't message someone unless they're in your co-op; and even then, not privately. Help requests are sent out as a general "SOS" seen by anyone on the appropriate tab.

Quote Originally Posted by bustedbrain16 View Post
    The link(chat between leaders and co-leaders) shows that this is already going on on Line or other services, so I ask you then; what exactly IS the point of having friends or an inbox? Promoting community? Hardly. You can't message someone unless they're in your co-op; and even then, not privately. Help requests are sent out as a general "SOS" seen by anyone on the appropriate tab.
    Well some reasons/point of having friends is

1: Giving and receiving help, (without friends your chances of giving/receiving help is greatly reduced). The only players who are not friends who can help you are co-op members and a few random players from the find friends tab and recently helped list.

2: Sending/receiving daily gifts (solo and small co-ops especially benefit from friends list regarding this).

3: Finding possible players for your co-op

4: Maybe even finding a new co-op yourself.

5: Gift swapping decorations for Valentine's day or Friendship day.

The main point I see for having an inbox is that you can send a message you really want all of your teammates to read rather than it being missed or getting lost in normal chat.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-04-2019 at 02:57 AM.

There's probably some rationale for why they haven't given us some form of private chat yet, but it would be really convenient. Or at least, implement some form of officer chat for leaders of a co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    There's probably some rationale for why they haven't given us some form of private chat yet, but it would be really convenient. Or at least, implement some form of officer chat for leaders of a co-op.
    I would just like to say as a teacher of 7 and 8 year olds one thing I have to do is teach them about online safety, one thing I have been told never to recommend is mobile or PC games which feature any sort of private chat or messaging option.

Private messages are incredibly hard for a game provider to monitor, especially on a game this size. I would assume one reason they aren't offered is to protect children playing the game ...and of course to protect Playrix from any fallout if such a feature were to be introduced and then misused in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    Private messages are incredibly hard for a game provider to monitor, especially on a game this size. I would assume one reason they aren't offered is to protect children playing the game ...and of course to protect Playrix from any fallout if such a feature were to be introduced and then misused in any way.
    I bet this is the main reason for not doing this. Playrix also has introduced that "Welcome"-msg with a Thanks for not sharing private info later only, to be on the safe side for both sides (players and company).
    The amount of work for (monitoring) these programs leads to them being made by whole companies, not just as a nice side effect in a game. That's probably also the reason why "ban/ignore" feature is on their Won't happen-list: too much monitoring required.

So it's very probably much easier to use one of the outside tools, that are mentioned on page 1 of this thread, and towards Playrix, rather try to convince them of doing more things from the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list.

Don't think thus will ever happen...nor should it.
    This is a game not a social media site. The chat room was brought in at the request if players to aid with running coops efficiently,
    Especially during regattas where teamwork is needed.

I would be interested to know of anyone that plays other games of the same genre that include private chats.

You are so right _DD_ there is an awful lot of behind the scenes stuff legally that would come into force.

Our coop doesn't use anything other than chat to decide on promotions etc. We include all members in whatever we are discussing.
    I understand we have leaders, and co leaders, but it is a members coop as well. The leader us just the person that opened it, and co meanders are there to help out.
    Members should have just as much say in who is promoted, they have to work with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    You are so right _DD_ there is an awful lot of behind the scenes stuff legally that would come into force.
    and - for different countries, with very different legislation. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole [Br.] / ten-foot pole [Am.].

Members should have just as much say in who is promoted, they have to work with them as well.
    absolutely agree with you there, too.

Don't think thus will ever happen...nor should it.
    This is a game not a social media site. The chat room was brought in at the request if players to aid with running coops efficiently,
    Especially during regattas where teamwork is needed.

I would be interested to know of anyone that plays other games of the same genre that include private chats.
    There is, on pc not mobile, but can't name names.
    There is a report button on their chat box. If someone gets reported more than X times they get banned. If someone uses the report button more than X times, they get banned.
    In addition to private chat the game also has a chat room which can be an interesting place to hang out. For example when certain N African countries restricted social media a few years back in Spring-time, it became very crowded and everyone except me and one very confused Canadian was chatting in Arabic.