Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips to play without real money?

Tips to play without real money?

If you have been playing without spending real money, any tips you want to share? Specifically, what are the common bottlenecks you need to address constantly over time?

(If possible, can you indicate at what level?)

Level 97. My tip is never, ever buy Tcash using real money. I simply watch the video ads hourly which provides me with a steady supply of Tcash. To ensure you get the video ads never, ever spend real money. The moment you buy Tcash the video ads will be gone. It will take up to three months for the video ads to return on an hourly basis, so I repeat, never, ever buy Tcash with real money!

I have two towns, levels 99 and 40, and I've never bought T-cash. Apart from buying the dealer and the extra regatta task, I very rarely use it either. When I first started playing I did sometimes buy the last brick or slab for a community building because the way the algorithms are set mean that you are always waiting ages for that last one. But if you're patient they do eventually appear. Occasionally I use it to speed up a regatta task, for example if I need to go to work and my last plane or train arrives in 10 minutes. But that's all, it just sits there accumulating in my towns (wish I could say the same thing about my real bank account lol!)

There are always going to be times when you're tempted to spend real money because sometimes progress seems so slow, and the reasons change as you progress, but the good thing is that you don't NEED to - you can carry on playing all aspects of the game without spending anything.

Maybe the exception to this is if you want to buy decorations that are only available for T-cash. If you get the heli ads, and don't spend it on anything else, it could be possible, but if you don't I can see it being difficult.

Also, as Cathy said above, if you do have the helicopter guy and buy T-cash, most people (though not all) say that he disappears, so keep that in mind.

The above comments (shared many times around the forum) annoy me. (The situation, I mean, not the people making the comments). I buy decorations sometimes, admittedly not a massive spender, but it’s never caused me to lose the video guy.

What’s up with that, Playrix? Why do I get this advantage over others? Why can’t they buy TC and still get the video guy? I hardly ever even watch him now cause I feel like a cheat taking advantage of something others don’t have access to.

Anyway, to get back on track...

Don’t spend TC on stuff you don’t keep, unless you really feel the need to.
    Raja is the exception to the rule.

Buy Raja if you use him. Buy extra factory boxes. Buy extra market boxes.

Don’t spend on speeding up bagels just to get them out of the way.
    Don’t spend on speeding up building time, it’ll be ready when it’s ready.
    Don’t spend on materials, they’ll come eventually.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”It’s been a long December and there’s reason to believe,
    Maybe this year will be better than the last”

Level 91 here.

I've never spent real money on this game. I've been playing about a year and some months.

If you get heli ads, watch them. Two minutes ago, I just had 7 in a row. Netted 2 tcash and several thousand coins.

I always buy Raja when he goes 60% off. And during those 10 days I buy as much ore as I can. I use it to upgrade trains, islands, and factories.

I like to save tcash for buying decos during events.

I had saved over 400 tcash for the Valentine week, sending my coop and friends some of the nicer gifts.

I don't have hard or fast rules about when I can or cannot spend tcash because it's all free to me. Just like I spend coins because they cost me nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    The above comments (shared many times around the forum) annoy me. (The situation, I mean, not the people making the comments). I buy decorations sometimes, admittedly not a massive spender, but it’s never caused me to lose the video guy.

What’s up with that, Playrix? Why do I get this advantage over others? Why can’t they buy TC and still get the video guy? I hardly ever even watch him now cause I feel like a cheat taking advantage of something others don’t have access to.
    I never spent real money in my first many many months playing. Got a video maybe once a month. I do spend now. Get a video maybe once a month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm just not one of the lucky ones, I guess.

Other than that moan - what Nevada said. Don't buy temporary benefits unless you have cash to burn.

I’ve never spent any real money. I’ve always thought the game was fairly generous with opportunities to earn t-cash. Videos are fine if you get them regularly. But other sources are...

- work on the achievements in your town hall - check what you’re near to reaching and put some effort towards it
    - dig in the mine, not only for the treasure rooms but museum items, because collections are valuable
    - daily sea chest similarly, and ingots with ships for more chests
    - collect zoo animal families (more complicated now, though)
    - help others often so you can play HoL often
    - help Ernie because he sends a gift balloon

I have more cash than I can imagine spending. Things I definitely don’t spend on are the mystery balloons, mystery chests, or events. But I don’t mind buying the last nails for a barn expansion or the last slab for a building. That can be an immediate and sizable gain for a small spend. I no longer use Raja but I did regularly, when the zoo was profitable.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 102 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

The other day I checked my total cash I paid out for the year just a little over $10 a month. The only time I use Tbucks is to buy a decoration. Back when I was building the zoo I would hire raja for 24 hrs for zoo baskets. I get the video guy maby one time in 24 hrs. I don't spend to speed up anything or have I ever purchased upgrade material.

The game seems to drag at times but that is part of the design and you have to have a lot of patience to play. Right now I would not be playing the game if it wasn't for my coop friends and the side games.
    Last edited by barbguinn; 02-18-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    **Started playing August 2015** Town 145 Zoo 45 FINALLY
    Have all the factories Special projects and land expansion Zoo IS DONE
    In a small Golden League co-op 5 of us no drama we have fun
    #QM25Q2 come visit Guinn Township
    Android Tablet and phone

I buy tcash sometimes (when it's like $1.99 for 130 I guess), as I like to support the developers. However I think that it's totally doable to play without spending real money.
    - watch ads
    - send full planes
    - help people, so you often play in the HoL
    - mine to assemble collections.
    Level: 76

Mesa az
    I am almost lvl 60 to be honest I spent .99 cents 1.99x2. in almost 5 months give or take. My trash comes from planes video and clover, and when I complete Museum collections and achievements and I've gotten about between 5 and twenty bucks when I finished a collection of animals at the zoo