Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tips to play without real money?

Quote Originally Posted by TNapier View Post
    Playrix only has two ways to make money ... sell t-cash to BUYERS or give WATCHERS a lot of ads to watch so they get the ad revenue. If the algorithm has identified you as a WATCHER, you must NEVER buy anything, otherwise you will immediately become a BUYER (and they'd certainly rather get real cash from anyone who will give it) and it will take a long time before you earn back your WATCHER status. Don't be confused by the occasional ad that even BUYERS encounter, WATCHERS are consistently offered up to 5 ads to watch PER HOUR, every day. Usually, 2 of those ads will pay you 1 t-cash and the others as much as 1000 coins, so WATCHERS checking in on their town 5 times a day can easily collect 10+ t-cash and 10,000+ coins per day from watching ads.
    I wondered why I never get ads, this makes perfect sense to me! I'm lucky I have extra mad money to support the devs and I have experience from another game I played for 6 years, so I know how to spend wisely on permanent stuff only and have a LOT of patience!

I always considered myself a "Watcher" and hoped that was why I got what seems to be the max number of ads. I've never spent real money and I always watch all the videos available to me -- usually 5 per hour, but sometimes the start of an event disrupts the flow of ads.

From reading others experience, particularly the ones who have never ever had the video man, it makes sense to me that there are other factors in play besides just the buyer/watcher concept. My guess is my location also gives me an advantage. I believe advertisers target specific geographic areas when they sign up to advertise to Township players. I am located in a major US city. I get not only ads that would be relevant for any player world wide (ads for other games, etc) but I also get ads that are specifically tailored to my city (local elections, apartment complexes, local retailers). So I think it likely depends on your location as well. There may be other factors in play too, but location just stands out to me. Someone in a major city would probably be targeted more often than someone in a rural, unknown area, with a small population and only be pooled into the world wide or country specific targeted areas.

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    .... My guess is my location also gives me an advantage. I believe advertisers target specific geographic areas when they sign up to advertise to Township players. I am located in a major US city. I get not only ads that would be relevant for any player world wide (ads for other games, etc) but I also get ads that are specifically tailored to my city (local elections, apartment complexes, local retailers). So I think it likely depends on your location as well. There may be other factors in play too, but location just stands out to me. Someone in a major city would probably be targeted more often than someone in a rural, unknown area, with a small population and only be pooled into the world wide or country specific targeted areas.
    Great observation! I hadn't thought about it, but it makes total sense. I also live in a major city (Phoenix, AZ) and I do seem to get a LOT of regionally-specific ads to watch.
    Last edited by TNapier; 03-02-2020 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo

In the early days I spent real money, about the same as a glass of of wine. Maybe once a week or so. My reasoning being the devs have given me a real nice game and I am happy to say thank you with a few shekels. Now at level 74 it's too easy to earn t cash by winning the mini games, visiting Ernie daily, mining and selling jewels to the mafia guy

I buy 4000 tcash for $70, which lasts me about 8 months. Township is my hobby, so I do not mind spending a little on it.

Thanks a lot. Your post helps me a lot.I also want to know about tips where i cant spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Pointer View Post
    This tip is a load of [nope] The videos do not disappear. If that were the case I would never see a video for 2 years. I get them daily and I buy tcash
    Consider yourself lucky.
    Last time I purchased my gold pass in November, I lost my adds immediately and it took almost 3 months to get more adds daily.
    Well, second time I purchased the gold pass my adds disappeared again.
    I know they eventually will come back. At least this time I was prepared.

I don't think it's luck, I think it's how their marketing works. I think players who are regular spenders don't have video guy affected from also buying the pass.

I also make purchases from time to time and have always gotten video guy a couple times a day. I've never gotten more than that, but he dud stick around after I got the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I don't think it's luck, I think it's how their marketing works. I think players who are regular spenders don't have video guy affected from also buying the pass.

I also make purchases from time to time and have always gotten video guy a couple times a day. I've never gotten more than that, but he dud stick around after I got the pass.
    I also think it might be linked to the device we are playing the game on.
    When I used to get the adds sometimes they would randomly disappear while playing on iPad for half a day or so. However any time I would switch to my iPhone the video guy would appear on the spot. Even more strange to get more than one add I needed to reload my game.

I say build the jewelry store. I get lots of tcash from the sad guy with the kitten in his jacket on the helipad. Save your jewels. Eventually the jeweler guy offers you tcash for some of them instead of the poor exchanges of one citrine for 3 emeralds and such. Watch all the videos - they don"t take long. Meet goals, get sea chests, complete museum collections, and visit House of Luck. Play all the minigames even if you are really terrible at them as I am. You can win Tcash. Don't pay for "valuable" chests.