Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange game adverts

I get this type of add for Gardenscapes all the time and yesterday got my first one for Fishdom (with something stupid like using a vacuum underwater to clean up spilt fish food.) Along with the message "this game is hard!!" So weird.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

just curious: has anyone reported these false ads to the company, Playrix in this case, so there would be an official answer whether they're by/from them?

I’ve been getting the “catastophic” ads for Homescapes for quite awhile but lately there have been ads (for Homescapes as well) that show a match 3 game....they are much less enticing than the ones with flames and water shooting everywhere lol!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Yeah, actually that's how I found township a few weeks ago. I saw an in game add and watched the video of township and it showed you "maintaining" the town including fixing things that were breaking. Its actually what made me click on it and it brought me to this game. BUT, this game does NOT have those features, but I really like it anyway. In the video I saw, you were building your town just like the game plays now, but you had a bridge or sign or something that was broken, and you had to click on a list of tools at the bottom of the screen and pick the right tool to repair it. Upon fixing certain things in town with the correct tool, you got money and xp for doing that, but then the user picked the wrong tool to repair the sign and it blew up.... It seemed like fun, but it just brought me to this game and I DL it started playing and it has NONE of those elements, although I really do enjoy the game...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    just curious: has anyone reported these false ads to the company, Playrix in this case, so there would be an official answer whether they're by/from them?
    WTP? (What’s the point)
    Opening a ticket, when clearly it’s probably o.k. with Playrix. IE: Example Vortimous.

In the United States, it could fall under a law regarding Deceptive Advertising. Most of these end up in a Class Action Lawsuit, brought on by someone who actually paid money to play the game.
    Because it’s a Russian company(I’m assuming) these laws are probably not applicable.
    Just saying, but it is sad that Playrix has fallen into this category of sorts...

I see these ads all the time in another game I play - that is German owned, not Russian. I think the ads must originate with an ad distribution company.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWilliamston View Post
    WTP? (What’s the point)
    Opening a ticket, when clearly it’s probably o.k. with Playrix. IE: Example Vortimous.
    I don't understand, what do you see in Vortimous' example, Miss W? The point is information, as a first. Where is it clear that Playrix wants it or ordered it? I rather think like Nana that some ad-delivering company makes these; at least it's a possibility, and only Playrix will know whether they want their games being advertised so false(ly?). I saw such an ad for Gardenscapes in a different game today, and I had seen such an ad for a game not by Playrix. They are not rare, it seems. They're not even the same genre.
    And we report other ads also, alone cos they don't please for some reason.

I was hoping someone did, I guess, cos I don't understand the reason for this false advertisement at all - do they (whoever) think a player will stay in a game, once it's "there"? (as indeed Vortimous did here) Do they get their money then? Guess one must know the ad business background for that...

DD, what I was referring to was the post by Vortimous. If he was roped into the game by the fake ad, then others might be too and stay to play the game. Otherwise, if someone was looking for a way to “jump ship” from similar games like Township, this could entice them a wee bit more.

I have to admit, I was a bit annoyed that it wasn't the game I saw in the video, but upon playing it looking for those features, I really enjoyed the game and continue to play it. So there advertisement did work on me, and it didn't make me mad that it wasn't the game I clicked on, but then again, they have a fun game here and its worth my time to play (and some money, that dang piggy bank....) so mission accomplished by them....

DD, what I was referring to was the post by Vortimous. If he was roped into the game by the fake ad, then others might be too and stay to play the game.
    There's the possibility that ppl are happy about having found a good game and keeping it instead of deleting it in anger, yes -- but that would still speak for getting MORE users with the CORRECT ad, just btw.

But I was asking about your conclusion here:

Why would Vortimous' experience of following that ad prove that Playrix is "clearly probably OK" with this kind of false advertising?
    (is it cos you think they create and publish every ad themselves?)