Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Strange game adverts

AlwaysKimmie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Same with the adds in Playstore for the new game Wildscapes:
    Attachment 47661 Attachment 47668 Attachment 47675
    The game itself got nothing to do with cleaning up or repairing anything.
    Any feeding Animals? That is just the privilege of Township Zoo keeper's!
    Maybe Devs are so convinced that the possibility to feed more Animals is a good way to get us interested
    Lmao I am playing this game also match 3 game dl like just over 24 hrs ago lvl 30+

I came here trying to find out where to download the games in the ads. I downloaded Township, Homescapes and a few others because the pick the right option thing looked fun. Match 3 games bore me so ended up deleting all the games when they were nothing like the ads. Please tell me where to find the fun games. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Jumper View Post
    I came here trying to find out where to download the games in the ads. I downloaded Township, Homescapes and a few others because the pick the right option thing looked fun. Match 3 games bore me so ended up deleting all the games when they were nothing like the ads. Please tell me where to find the fun games. Thanks!
    Hello Claire

Unfortunately, you have fallen to the scam known as clickbait. If you do a google search you will find all sorts of discussions across the web concerning this ever growing issue.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

There are laws against deceptive advertising and bait and switch tactics in many countries. Why are app ads exempt from those?

Maybe the better question is why don't Apple and the people who run the other app stores insist on a basic level of honestly from their app sellers? Seems to me they are in the best position to maintain some basic standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    There are laws against deceptive advertising and bait and switch tactics in many countries. Why are app ads exempt from those?

Maybe the better question is why don't Apple and the people who run the other app stores insist on a basic level of honestly from their app sellers? Seems to me they are in the best position to maintain some basic standards.
    Both are very good questions. To which one would hope for a satisfying answer from the responsible ppl.
    It might be - when looking at the big amount of fake ads meanwhile - that they are simply overwhelmed. And, their lawyers still working things out, esp. with the many countries (and their laws) involved. Had seen their argument before that Internet is often still a grey area.
    I for one hope they find something against it soon. Es ist SO eine Frechheit.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-07-2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Google translate only for the adjective, sorry: naughty, sassy, impudent, insolent, impertinent...

helping cars on the street?

In the App Store, it shows that Township includes a function to “help” people on the streets. Is this available only after you reach a certain level?

Attached a screenshot of what I’m talking about
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uuumami View Post
    In the App Store, it shows that Township includes a function to “help” people on the streets. Is this available only after you reach a certain level?

Attached a screenshot of what I’m talking about
    Hi Uuumami, welcome to the board. Unfortunately Playrix advertises its games with numerous scenes that don't exist in actual game play. This is just one instance. Barb

Thanks! Just making sure I wasn’t missing something. Thanks for the quick response!

You're welcome Uuumami.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 10-16-2019 at 06:33 AM. Reason: removed link